Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 29, 2024, 08:29:58 am

Mike over the next six years

Started by The OTR, January 19, 2018, 10:42:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

If history repeats itself over the next we will win 2 games in the NCAA tournament in the next six years.  4 total wins in the tournament in 12 years if Mike stays that long.  6 wins in 18 years if we're lucky enough to have him that long.  Is my math right? 2 plus 2 plus 2.  Seems easy but I'm probably missing something.

I'm good with that and shame on the rest of you if you are not.  We're not Kentucky. We're not North Carolina or Syracuse or Louisville or UConn.  We're Arkansas. We aren't going to catch lightning in a bottle again like we did with the great Nolan Richardson. 

All you sourpusses and ne'redowells need to get off Mike's back and appreciate what he brings to the table. We're slumping a little now. We'll snap out of it.  Me, letsroll, and Joe guarantee it.

Smalltownhog95

Whats the point then? If a university doesnt try to compete and become an elite program all your doing is giving them your hard earned money in ticket sales, apparel, etc. I hope/want mike to win and turn this season around but its hard to watch the same things from year one plague us in year 7. At some point NIT's and 1 win every few years in the tourney should get you canned. No NCAA this year and things are going to get very ugly as they should.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

The OTR

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on January 19, 2018, 11:29:21 am
Whats the point then? If a university doesnt try to compete and become an elite program all your doing is giving them your hard earned money in ticket sales, apparel, etc. I hope/want mike to win and turn this season around but its hard to watch the same things from year one plague us in year 7. At some point NIT's and 1 win every few years in the tourney should get you canned. No NCAA this year and things are going to get very ugly as they should.

You just don't get it.

razorpimp

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 19, 2018, 10:42:14 am
If history repeats itself over the next we will win 2 games in the NCAA tournament in the next six years.  4 total wins in the tournament in 12 years if Mike stays that long.  6 wins in 18 years if we're lucky enough to have him that long.  Is my math right? 2 plus 2 plus 2.  Seems easy but I'm probably missing something.

I'm good with that and shame on the rest of you if you are not.  We're not Kentucky. We're not North Carolina or Syracuse or Louisville or UConn.  We're Arkansas. We aren't going to catch lightning in a bottle again like we did with the great Nolan Richardson. 

All you sourpusses and ne'redowells need to get off Mike's back and appreciate what he brings to the table. We're slumping a little now. We'll snap out of it.  Me, letsroll, and Joe guarantee it.

Troll....

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

The OTR

BallHog1

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on January 19, 2018, 11:29:21 am
Skandar really doesn't work that hard for his bucks....

The OTR

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 19, 2018, 12:01:22 pm
Skandar really doesn't work that hard for his bucks....

That ain't workin'.

stronguard

And after those 6 years are up, we can look forward to head Hog TJ Cleveland being named as Mike's replacement.  We must continue to milk the Nolan Richardson tree of coaches, no other style of play works its been proven.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

BallHog1