Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 24, 2024, 06:22:58 am

Not sure how to feel about this...

Started by Dannyluvssonic, January 09, 2018, 05:36:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannyluvssonic

I get that his son is in line to be the starting QB next year but the head coach of the UofA also has responsibilities to sell the city, school, etc to potential recruits and how do you do that when your own kid won't move here.  Maybe I just don't understand it.  Is this normally what happens when a coach takes a new job?  Seems sort of strange to me.

younghog

old thread on this... and I would do the same...

let the kid play where he has been playing.. HP is a renown school and one he should be proud to graduate one.. Heck they just one the State playoffs.

go figure.. I mean ~go hogs
GO HOGS

Hawgphish

SPAL

We can find anything to be unhappy about.

Hou-Hog

Quote from: Dannyluvssonic on January 09, 2018, 05:36:31 pm
I get that his son is in line to be the starting QB next year but the head coach of the UofA also has responsibilities to sell the city, school, etc to potential recruits and how do you do that when your own kid won't move here.  Maybe I just don't understand it.  Is this normally what happens when a coach takes a new job?  Seems sort of strange to me.
seems completely responsible to me

MissippHog

I agree with younghog, let the kid stay at home and play if he's able to do so.

Dannyluvssonic

I just assumed his family would move to Fayetteville.  Maybe this is normal but I am not sure how that looks in recruiting.  That isn't looking for things to be unhappy about.  It is a legitimate concern.

IronMountainHog

Worry about raising your own kids, not how somebody raises their kids.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 09, 2018, 05:39:23 pm
We They can find anything to be unhappy about.

Some people just go around hunting for stuff to b!tch about...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

welchog

Absolutely nothing to see here.  Go on with your lives citizens.

HogT

Ok first off your feeling one way or another about the parenting practice of another adult is irrelevant. No one is abusing or mistreating the young man.

Next, with him competing at a top Texas school he gets more exposure and higher levels of competition than he would at Fayetteville.

Also, there is no sense of impropriety if he came to Fayetteville and had an expectation of being the starting QB because he is CCM son.

Lastly, get a grip! Surely you have more important things in your life to worry about than where CCMs son goes to high school.

Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

jgphillips3

A football coach is rarely home anyway.  Might as well let the kid stay with friends and do his thing.  Also, does it really hurt to have the son of the Arkansas head coach competing in the upper divisions of Texas football in the DFW area with ALL of those recruits we covet?  Seems like a good thing to me.

IronHog

So NWA isn't the greatest place on earth?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

247Hog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 09, 2018, 05:49:56 pm
A football coach is rarely home anyway.  Might as well let the kid stay with friends and do his thing.  Also, does it really hurt to have the son of the Arkansas head coach competing in the upper divisions of Texas football in the DFW area with ALL of those recruits we covet?  Seems like a good thing to me.

Exactly. I wouldn't want myself nor my kids to move Senior year of high school. That kids entire life is at HP and everything he knows.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

goodguytex

He's played there all through HS. I don't blame him for not wanting to uproot his life there after working so hard, make new friends, work for a spot on a new HAS team in an entirely new state, with people he doesn't know.

If I had been Coach Morris, I would've set my Son down, told him about the new position, then brought him up to Fayetteville, got to meet folks, talk to folks, then let him make his own choice what he wants to do. If he divided to stay where he's been at, give all the support a loving Dad can give. And help him in every way possible prepare for college. That's love. That's support.

LZH

If I lived in Highland Park I wouldn't care to move to NWA either.

247Hog

Quote from: HogT on January 09, 2018, 05:49:45 pm
Ok first off your feeling one way or another about the parenting practice of another adult is irrelevant. No one is abusing or mistreating the young man.

Next, with him competing at a top Texas school he gets more exposure and higher levels of competition than he would at Fayetteville.

Also, there is no sense of impropriety if he came to Fayetteville and had an expectation of being the starting QB because he is CCM son.

Lastly, get a grip! Surely you have more important things in your life to worry about than where CCMs son goes to high school.

Don't think the OP has a concern about abusing the kid or whatever. Think he/she is worried about CCM commitment to Arkansas with his son staying at HP.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Dannyluvssonic

Is this a message board or a sunshine pump?  I sort of like the look of stability and long term commitment in a head coach.  I didn't condemn the coach or the kid but I have a concern about how it looks to recruits who you are trying to sell the great benefits of living here to.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 05:50:14 pm
So NWA isn't the greatest place on earth?

Close, but it's not the place the kid has built his opportunity. People claiming he should enroll his kid in Fayetteville probably don't understand that CCM doesn't want Fayetteville High feeling obligated, and also doesn't want his son to have to learn a whole new system when he's been patiently waiting to get the keys to a team he already knows. It's best for all involved the way he chose to do it. Now if he was a tuba player however...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

mr_v8horsepower

Jerry Jones grandson just won TX State Champ there, Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions graduated from there. I believe Stafford won the TX State Championship also while at Highland Park.
Highland Park puts out some graet quarterbacks.

IronHog

Quote from: Dannyluvssonic on January 09, 2018, 05:53:41 pm
Is this a message board or a sunshine pump?  I sort of like the look of stability and long term commitment in a head coach.  I didn't condemn the coach or the kid but I have a concern about how it looks to recruits who you are trying to sell the great benefits of living here to.

Everyone in NWA wants to live in Texas anyway

Play a game there every year to prove it

Big Daddy

Some kids don't take to new places quickly. If you pull him out before his senior year it could really mess him up. I know from experience. Let the kid finish with his friends. At his age they're more important to him than his parents are anyway.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: 247Hog on January 09, 2018, 05:51:42 pm
Exactly. I wouldn't want myself nor my kids to move Senior year of high school. That kids entire life is at HP and everything he knows.

Not his senior year.  He will graduate spring 2020.

IronHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 09, 2018, 05:54:28 pm
Close, but it's not the place the kid has built his opportunity. People claiming he should enroll his kid in Fayetteville probably don't understand that CCM doesn't want Fayetteville High feeling obligated, and also doesn't want his son to have to learn a whole new system when he's been patiently waiting to get the keys to a team he already knows. It's best for all involved the way he chose to do it. Now if he was a tuba player however...

Go Aggies

HogT

Quote from: 247Hog on January 09, 2018, 05:53:18 pm
Don't think the OP has a concern about abusing the kid or whatever. Think he/she is worried about CCM commitment to Arkansas with his son staying at HP.

My point was that it's not his place to worry or feel a certain way about a persons parenting style unless there was abuse going on. I was no way implying there was abuse going on or that the OP suggested it was going on.
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

RockyMtnHog

I commend the son for wanting to finish his high school years with his teammates and friends.  As stated earlier he will get more exposure playing for HP than playing for Fayetteville or another school in NWA.  Let CCM both be a parent and the coach.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

LZH

IronHog

This is the most UA thing ever

Right up there with 70-17 vs USC and having a Sooner as color man

farmhawg

Thank God you don't have children....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!