Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This basketball season is mirroring the football season.....

Started by hobhog, January 06, 2018, 07:30:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

If MA doesnt turn this thing around soon it should end the same way as football did. We can do better.....

BannerMountainMan

Yeah a school that has only been basketball relevant for only about 10 years in history could do better.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HeyHogs

You're wrong.  We cannot do better than MA.  We tried that and failed.

hobhog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2018, 07:32:03 pm
Yeah a school that has only been basketball relevant for only about 10 years in history could do better.

^^^^^Must be under 30 years old....^^^^

apcapri

Lmao! Nothing like the football season. It was a dumpster fire all season long. Basketball has lost a couple SEC road games and people are losing their minds. It's a long season. We'll win more than we lose and make the NCAA tournament.

orvillesghost

He should have been canned two years ago.

To be fair, we finished well enough last year for him to deserve this year.

But anything less than a conference title or making the Sweet 16, let's cut our losses.

At that point we will be seven years in without either...

Good grief I can remember when making the Sweet 16 was a given around here....

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hobhog on January 06, 2018, 07:34:09 pm
^^^^^Must be under 30 years old....^^^^
crap you're right.. I was wrong we have 11 sweet sixteens
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: orvillesghost on January 06, 2018, 07:35:19 pm
He should have been canned two years ago.

To be fair, we finished well enough last year for him to deserve this year.

But anything less than a conference title or making the Sweet 16, let's cut our losses.

At that point we will be seven years in without either...

Good grief I can remember when making the Sweet 16 was a given around here....
we have 11 sweet sixteens in 70 years...man that's a freaking given

Oliver

I mean it's about what I expected.  We beat an OU team that would kick the dog crap out of us now but other than that it's pretty much what I expected

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: apcapri on January 06, 2018, 07:34:38 pm
Lmao! Nothing like the football season. It was a dumpster fire all season long. Basketball has lost a couple SEC road games and people are losing their minds. It's a long season. We'll win more than we lose and make the NCAA tournament.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hobhog on January 06, 2018, 07:30:57 pm
If MA doesnt turn this thing around soon it should end the same way as football did. We can do better.....

My God.... When did the football team beat a top 10 team? Oklahoma

code red

Quote from: HeyHogs on January 06, 2018, 07:32:41 pm
You're wrong.  We cannot do better than MA.  We tried that and failed.
No your wrong.  You never quit.  Mike puts horrible game plans together.... no defense. No rebounding
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 06, 2018, 07:43:56 pm
My God.... When did the football team beat a top 10 team? Oklahoma
Biggest difference is.  They got better.  We look like dookey...especially on defense.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Letsroll1200

Quote from: code red on January 06, 2018, 07:54:04 pm
Biggest difference is.  They got better.  We look like dookey...especially on defense.

We have solid wins. Not concened at all about this team. It can be fixed. CJ Jones has to get it going.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hollywood_HOGan45

We hit a snag in a 5 month long season and now it's time to fire the coach.

Let's go get pel. How bout heath?? Fresh legs was really fun.

jimmur74

This is an ignorant azz quote. Go to Jail do not collect

Paul

Quote from: code red on January 06, 2018, 07:50:50 pm
No your wrong.  You never quit.  Mike puts horrible game plans together.... no defense. No rebounding
game plans?

TeufelHog

If so, somebody better check CMA's contract, ?or is it 2?, to make sure the Razorback foundation won't be out another $10M.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 06, 2018, 07:56:18 pm
We have solid wins. Not concened at all about this team. It can be fixed. CJ Jones has to get it going.

^This

jkstock04

Hahaha. One reason among many that I root for Mike Anderson is because you 'Bielema is God' type Homers constantly root against him.

Winning expectations are there in basketball...which is fair and the way it should be. Fair enough.

Our football season sucked majorly from the get go. All around through and through...terrible play and terrible coaching from game one all the way to the bitter end. This basketball season thus far does not mirror that whatsoever.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Kevin on January 06, 2018, 07:57:34 pm
ma will have to retire, he will never be fired

Maybe with Jeff "Mr. Integrity" Long. The new guy....Maybe MA should be sweating it out.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

3kgthog

I'm willing to wait and see how the season plays out. However, coaches have been fired at other schools (with far less tradition) for never winning a conference title, never winning a conference tournament, and never getting past the 2nd round of the NCAAT.

We should know since we fired our last two coaches that accomplished just as much as MA has here.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Kevin on January 06, 2018, 07:57:34 pm
ma will have to retire, he will never be fired

You still think that's the case, Kevin ?

I used to think that too, but with most of the important characters in that play now gone, I'm no longer as sure as I was ...

hawginbigd1

Do what? What are you 17? The last 25 years of the 1900s we were one of the best 10-12 programs in the country.

hawgfan4life

This happens every year at almost all schools.  AR has had a couple of road losses and are staggering now.  They will recover and finish.  How strong determines on a lot of things.  One thing that has NEVER happened with any MA team at UAB, MO, or AR is for his teams to quit playing and working.  He isn't an elite coach, but he is a good coach.  Our philosophy isn't traditional fundamental basketball, but it works overall over the long haul like most other programs.  As our talent improves, our chances for success improve and regardless of system, peaking and momentum at the right time are critical.  TN and A&M were both rated higher than us and their conference start isn't any better.  Does that mean their coaches should be fired?  MSU started hot last year and faded at the end.  Did that mean their coach was awful at the end"

We still have a lot of games to play and we will likely lose several of those.  It will help a whole lot when we settle back into our roles and a few role players settle down and start filling their potential.  C.J. Jones has hurt us the last three games because he has hit a slump.  He will get out of it and we will be better.  In fact, all of  our guards have been out of sync the past few games.  It happens.  If we are less than 500 in conference games in a couple of weeks, then sound the alarms.  Right now, we simply lost two road games and need to regroup.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hobhog

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 06, 2018, 09:52:16 pm
I'm willing to wait and see how the season plays out. However, coaches have been fired at other schools (with far less tradition) for never winning a conference title, never winning a conference tournament, and never getting past the 2nd round of the NCAAT.

We should know since we fired our last two coaches that accomplished just as much as MA has here.

popcornhog

Lol. Wut?

WPS

Hawgphat

I have learned in recent years to "EXPECT" nothing in regard to either Hogs football or Hogs basketball.  The wins are a pleasant momentary enjoyment - and should be viewed as such - - but the lengthy (and growing) accumulation of losses can break a faithful fan's heart if you put your heart and soul into believing that either program will finally "put it all together" and "beat the big boys" when it really counts.  I'm not knocking either program; just stating the factual status of a true-red fan of many, many years on the landscape of Razorback Sports without peering through rose colored glasses of homerism.  'Hope springs eternal" for some fans; but the years and the sadly-disappointing campaigns have taken a heavy toll on the expectant faith of many of us.  We do indeed enjoy the all-too-rare wins, - - even the small ones against inferior competition; - - - but we simply no longer "EXPECT" wins - - especially in regard to key games that have crucial significance.  I - and many others - now feel that we are inevitably doomed to disappointment if we court any realistic expectation of winning when it really counts.

I'm still very much a Hogs fan; - - - I simply no longer can bring myself to expectantly believe in the success of the programs.

The situation is what it is.           Sad.

hawkhawg

We are a all-time top 25 basketball school.  No doubt.

Hawgphat

Quote from: hawkhawg on January 07, 2018, 09:29:57 pm
We are a all-time top 25 basketball school.  No doubt.

The problem is that we have to go back about 25 years to claim relevance.  We haven't been there in a while.  It may be another considerably long while until we get a sniff of it again.

hawkhawg

Quote from: Hawgphat on January 07, 2018, 09:34:35 pm
The problem is that we have to go back about 25 years to claim relevance.  We haven't been there in a while.  It may be another considerably long while until we get a sniff of it again.

Whatever.  He said we were only relevant for 10 years and that is BS.

Hawgphat

Quote from: hawkhawg on January 07, 2018, 09:42:14 pm
Whatever.  He said we were only relevant for 10 years and that is BS.

Yes it is; however, he might be relatively very young, and his statistical memory may only be functional in covering a decade of so.

hulk hog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on January 06, 2018, 08:01:16 pm
We hit a snag in a 5 month long season and now it's time to fire the coach.

Let's go get pel. How bout heath?? Fresh legs was really fun.
Why is it every time Mike gets critized for underperforming half the people on here automatically think that he is now our ceiling and anyone who replaces him will be comparative to Pelphrey and Heath's level of success.   it's a lazy narrative.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....