Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Churchill Downs vs DRF??

Started by husker71, November 27, 2017, 07:06:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

No more DRF at Churchill Downs??  Seems they have been feuding and now they (CD) has their own product and banned DRF from their property.  Paulick reports that CD past performances have not been available in your DRF for awhile.  Can somebody tell me what happens at OP if you want to bet on CD races??  Do you have to buy a separate product to get their information ??  When I was betting hard during my younger years my apartment in LA probably had 200 drfs laying around and I don't know if I could go to the track without mine.  Remember when they tried a different product during the 80s that was put out by Steve Crist??

holeinthewall

They have gotten ridiculous in price trying to drive everyone to the on line version.  CD was in the form about 2-3 weeks ago when I went down on a Thursday or Friday.  Can't remember which.

Also is Oaklawn simulcasting Tampa Bay?  It isn't listed on their calendar. 

husker71

I used to love to bet Tampa Bay at the simulcast at Lone Star.  Good prices and big fields and trainers you knew something about but not the great big names in every race.

userpick

If anyone ever needs a racing form just PM me. Any track, any day. DRF or Brisnet.

ghostzapper

That's a nice offer UP.  I bet Churchill this weekend using the Form I got off of NYRA Bets.  Don't know about the issue on the racetrack grounds. 

ghostzapper

Quote from: husker71 on November 28, 2017, 08:00:21 am
I used to love to bet Tampa Bay at the simulcast at Lone Star.  Good prices and big fields and trainers you knew something about but not the great big names in every race.

It's my backyard track but I don't go there much.  The fields are not as big as they were a few years ago and the handle, which mushroomed at the same time, has returned to a relatively small one.  They used to race on Tuesdays and got great handles but they abandoned that.  I think they are feeling the effect of reduced horse population that is hurting tracks all over the country.  It is a quaint little track though, and the Tampa Bay Derby has had a few good ones win it recently. 

heavylifting

Quote from: ghostzapper on November 28, 2017, 02:06:08 pm
It's my backyard track but I don't go there much.  The fields are not as big as they were a few years ago and the handle, which mushroomed at the same time, has returned to a relatively small one.  They used to race on Tuesdays and got great handles but they abandoned that.  I think they are feeling the effect of reduced horse population that is hurting tracks all over the country.  It is a quaint little track though, and the Tampa Bay Derby has had a few good ones win it recently.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jamie Ness' dominance there also has had something to do with the short fields, smaller handles. Thoughts?