Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Traditional Archers

Started by Jphog, November 25, 2016, 05:07:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jphog

Are there any of you that use traditional archery equipment? I'm thinking about getting a longbow and wondered how many of you do the same.

David†

I have a longbow and a recurve. I shoot mainly recreational. I have hunted a few time times with my recurve, yet to kill anything.

Sultanofswine used to make them. May pm him if he's still around.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Get up with Albert Einswine.  I'm pretty sure he's a traditional archer.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Albert Einswine

I shoot traditional exclusively. It's the most fun I've ever had hunting. Don't have a longbow, though. Two Bear recurves (45# Kodiak Hunter and 60# Kodiak Magnum), and 2 Asiatic inspired Horsebows (50# and 55#).

I love the Horsebows because of how compact and light they are. Killed quite a few deer with the whole kit, and the biggest buck of my life with the little 50# Horsebow.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

The Boar War

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 09, 2016, 11:50:26 am
I shoot traditional exclusively. It's the most fun I've ever had hunting. Don't have a longbow, though. Two Bear recurves (45# Kodiak Hunter and 60# Kodiak Magnum), and 2 Asiatic inspired Horsebows (50# and 55#).

I love the Horsebows because of how compact and light they are. Killed quite a few deer with the whole kit, and the biggest buck of my life with the little 50# Horsebow.

Where did you get your horse bows?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: The Boar War on December 09, 2016, 01:25:59 pm
Where did you get your horse bows?

Ordered both of them from Kustom King Archery. As I recall both of them were in the $237 range, very inexpensive and great, quiet shooters.

They're Bear Paw Horsebow Express, to be exact.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Albert Einswine

Apparently the Horsebow Express has been discontinued and they've released a 52" version of the same bow to replace the 48" earlier design.

If the Horseman performs like the Horsebow Express it's a steal at $226.95.

http://www.kustomkingarchery.com/Horseman-Bow/productinfo/4808/

hawgon

I shoot a 50# 66 inch longbow.  I got a complete pass through on 250 pound boar hog this year.  I think a longbow or recurve is superior to a compound inside 20'yards or so.  Much quicker to shoot.