Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best NASCAR race you have been to?

Started by AirForceHog, April 01, 2016, 02:25:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirForceHog

I wanted to start a topic on what would rank as your top three tracks you have been to for NASCAR. I don't mean amenity's and the like. I mean best tracks with the best racing.

1. Bristol: By far the best NASCAR experience I have had. Great atmosphere and the race was great.
2. Richmond:  I'm going to go with Richmond here. I had the opportunity to see a night race here and it was very competitive and there wasn't a bad seat in the house.
3. Rockingham: Yes I know. This track hasn't been used in quite sometime but, it was my first NASCAR event and the race was amazing. Much like Bristol without the banking.

Honorable Mention: Talladega. Pure Speed! Fast and I mean fast. Only problem is it took 20-30 seconds to see the cars again.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

riccoar

I've only been to 3.  Texas, Talladega, and Bristol.  Bristol night by far is the best.  Dega, went a few times.  Not bad racing to watch in person.  Only thing is sit in the Towers so you can see.  Texas I wouldn't go back.  Cars get spread out and it was hard to keep up with the race IMHO.

ImHogginIt

Only been to three tracks so...

1) Richmond last year.

2) I have seen several in Texas years ago that were really good but not in the past 6 years or so.

3) Daytona 500 this year. Track is too big

Gonna go to Bristol hopefully in August or next Spring

Ramboar

I'll be yo Huckleberry

riccoar

The traffic at Texas was horrendous when I went.

Ramboar

The VIP parking is a little more $$, but worth not fighting the traffic.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

grayhawg

Racinray

Texas - Gets a little boring.

Las Vegas - It's Vegas and a NASCAR race shows up. Did get flashed waiting in traffic on the way out.

Daytona - It's to big.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on April 01, 2016, 12:40:32 pm
The traffic at Texas was horrendous when I went.

Depends entirely on which way you exit the track. And that depends on which side of parking lots you are on. The East side of main lots they make you exit East which has better traffic flow and isn't too bad at all. Especially if you are heading back to Dallas, Collin County and are routed North to Denton. If you park on West side they make you go West and its a cluster. Or at least it used to be. I last parked on that side about 10 years ago

DeWayne R

Quote from: riccoar on April 01, 2016, 10:55:22 am
I've only been to 3.  Texas, Talladega, and Bristol.  Bristol night by far is the best.  Dega, went a few times.  Not bad racing to watch in person.  Only thing is sit in the Towers so you can see.  Texas I wouldn't go back.  Cars get spread out and it was hard to keep up with the race IMHO.

Same 3 tracks here. Only difference is the best racing I've seen at Texass was the IROC races.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

ImHogginIt

Quote from: DeWayne R on April 01, 2016, 09:04:27 pm
Same 3 tracks here. Only difference is the best racing I've seen at Texass was the IROC races.

Texas is weird though. The atmosphere around the track before the race, tailgating, pre-race ceremonies ect... is all top notch. My wife gets bored soon about an hour into the race and me about two hours in . You would think she would have no interest in going again but NO !!!!!!!   She loves everything except the race so she insists on going to both races with me every year.

I pray the new aero package makes it better this year

DeWayne R

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 01, 2016, 10:15:49 pm
Texas is weird though. The atmosphere around the track before the race, tailgating, pre-race ceremonies ect... is all top notch. My wife gets bored soon about an hour into the race and me about two hours in . You would think she would have no interest in going again but NO !!!!!!!   She loves everything except the race so she insists on going to both races with me every year.

I pray the new aero package makes it better this year

We haven't been in 6 years. For what it was costing to go to 2 nascar races we can do 5 or 6 big dirt races a year.

Our long trip was to Fairbury,Ill  to the prairie dirt classic. Best dirt racing I've ever seen from start to finish in my 50 years.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

East TN HAWG

I've only been to Bristol, and that is because I live about 1 mile from the track. 

Best race was Bristol fall of 2014.  FedEx gave me total access to suite and pit pass.  I got to tour the hauler pre-race while the team was going through pre-race meetings.  I was able to stand on pit row during the national anthem.  Me and the wife got pit row pictures made with Denny Hamlin himself.  We also got pictures made with Jimmy Johnson and Jeff Gordon's car on pit row.   I stayed in the FedEx pit box through the first two pit stops and then moved to the suite.  I was able to sit on pit row wall and watch the cars fly by. 

Talked to Denny couple of times and Joe Gibbs before the race.  Joe let me take a picture with his super bowl ring on.  We also talked about his days as a Razorback coach.  Met them both again a second time this past fall.  Both have been super.

Last year, FedEx dropped the show car off at our business to show my staff.  I got my picture made with the car in front of the company's front door and our products on top of it.  FedEx has been very good to me, and I generally get tickets to their suite. 

Ramboar

Quote from: East TN HAWG on April 06, 2016, 03:58:47 pm
I've only been to Bristol, and that is because I live about 1 mile from the track. 

Best race was Bristol fall of 2014.  FedEx gave me total access to suite and pit pass.  I got to tour the hauler pre-race while the team was going through pre-race meetings.  I was able to stand on pit row during the national anthem.  Me and the wife got pit row pictures made with Denny Hamlin himself.  We also got pictures made with Jimmy Johnson and Jeff Gordon's car on pit row.   I stayed in the FedEx pit box through the first two pit stops and then moved to the suite.  I was able to sit on pit row wall and watch the cars fly by. 

Talked to Denny couple of times and Joe Gibbs before the race.  Joe let me take a picture with his super bowl ring on.  We also talked about his days as a Razorback coach.  Met them both again a second time this past fall.  Both have been super.

Last year, FedEx dropped the show car off at our business to show my staff.  I got my picture made with the car in front of the company's front door and our products on top of it.  FedEx has been very good to me, and I generally get tickets to their suite. 

Damn I'm jealous! May go to the night race next year, lord willin'!
I'll be yo Huckleberry

East TN HAWG

I've only gotten pit passes once.   

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Ramboar on April 01, 2016, 12:37:37 pm
Texas, enjoyed it!! Been ab 5 times.
Been about 5 times, worst racing track for sprint cup on the circuit IMO. Trucks and Indy racing much better at this track.

Ontario raceway was one of my favorites
Charlotte old pavement and configuration
Riverside

I have only been to Texas, Phoenix, and Bakersfield besides those to be fair.

Racinray

Quote from: East TN HAWG on April 08, 2016, 07:00:45 pm
I've only gotten pit passes once.   
Just got back from Texas "Xfinity Race" and had pit passes for the first time at a NASCAR race and that's the only way to go. Even my wife enjoyed it and made the comment "we will spend the extra money for these from now on". Yes, the race was a snooze fest.

ImHogginIt

I'm sitting in turn 4. Lots of lose cars in turn 4 in practice. Hope the aero package makes race better. Crowd is awful small and no traffic at all coming in a few mins ago

ricepig

I've been to Bristol, Daytona, Talladega, and Texas. The best race is always Bristol, and usually the best party around the track. Daytona is always packaged around a gold trip to Sawgrass, so it rates pretty high, too.

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 09, 2016, 05:47:32 pm
Crowd is awful small
It was even smaller Friday night, you could sit anywhere you wanted.

10thPlanet

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 09, 2016, 04:59:30 pm
Been about 5 times, worst racing track for sprint cup on the circuit IMO. Trucks and Indy racing much better at this track.

Ontario raceway was one of my favorites
Charlotte old pavement and configuration
Riverside

I have only been to Texas, Phoenix, and Bakersfield besides those to be fair.
First Nascar race 1978 Riverside 500. My dad backed up his F150 up to the fence in the S's. Watched the Stock Car products 300 on Sat. Mel off Alice the TV sitcom was a Grand Marshall, he bumped into me while headed to the grandstand. I was looking down, and looked up to say sorry. He said,"hey kid" and smiled. I was in the 7th grade.

holeinthewall

I have been to Daytona for all the races except Rolex. The superbikes are by far the best to watch. Vegas, That dump in Bama and Texas. 

I have been lucky enough to have free suite tickets (thanks to wifes job) at Texas, Vegas and Daytona and met a lot of drivers.  Fan Zone in Daytona is cool. We went in there during testing one year and ended up with a lot of cool pics and got my one off pics autographed.