Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black Friday

Started by WardamnHOGGLE, October 08, 2015, 03:44:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WardamnHOGGLE

Any of you go out all night looking for bargains?  I do.  Me and the wife have a good time.  We eat out, get some deals, come home nap and watch the hogs. (Used to be LSU)  Wal-Mart usually has some good deals.  We also get lots of clothing/shoes for the kids.  Good Christmas shopping.

redbarn

I love Black Friday.  I take my wife and her daughters who are from Malaysia and you should see the smiles while they pick out the bargains they are after.  They are already planning for this year again. 
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

Boll Hawg

I've been with my wife a few times and that was enough.  I prefer to do my shopping online. Many retailers now offer the same exact deals online as in the store.  I'm just waiting for some good ads to leak! 
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

DeltaBoy

We only go out to cherry pick certain items.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Boll Hawg on October 26, 2015, 10:39:21 am
I prefer to do my shopping online. Many retailers now offer the same exact deals online as in the store.

^^^^
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

DeltaBoy

Seeing many stores will be closed on Black Friday. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Boll Hawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 28, 2015, 11:23:09 am
Seeing many stores will be closed on Black Friday.

I applaud them for doing so.  I'm actually more inclined to shop at businesses that close on Black Friday. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boll Hawg on October 28, 2015, 11:47:44 am
I applaud them for doing so.  I'm actually more inclined to shop at businesses that close on Black Friday. 

Us too and with all this online stuff why worry about it.

jjdlc

I enjoyed it when it actually was on Black Friday, these days, the whole starting it at 6:00 pm on Thanksgiving is crap,  Thanksgiving is for family.

Buff

Did Black Friday at the West Helena Wal-Mart one year.  I can survive anything.

Wildhog

The last time I went, I watched an old lady get practically stampeded and knocked unconscious.  I called 911 and yelled at people.  Not ever going back.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on November 02, 2015, 03:01:44 pm
The last time I went, I watched an old lady get practically stampeded and knocked unconscious.  I called 911 and yelled at people.  Not ever going back.

Did you apologize to her? Seriously, you couldn't give me the stuff to go out in that mess.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on November 02, 2015, 03:04:49 pm
Did you apologize to her? Seriously, you couldn't give me the stuff to go out in that mess.

Why would I apologize to her? Or is my sarcasm meter off? I'm not feeling great today.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on November 02, 2015, 04:00:29 pm
Why would I apologize to her? Or is my sarcasm meter off? I'm not feeling great today.

It was a joke, I was kidding that you were the guilty party.

Boll Hawg

Seems more businesses are getting away from the black Friday concept and slowly releasing sales items throughout this month. It's a new approach this year and I'm kind of liking it! 

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on November 02, 2015, 09:09:27 pm
It was a joke, I was kidding that you were the guilty party.

I thought so.  Man, I was off yesterday. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Wildhog on November 03, 2015, 09:40:32 am
I thought so.  Man, I was off yesterday. 

Why would you stampede an old lady man? 
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Wildhog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 03, 2015, 01:12:26 pm
Why would you stampede an old lady man? 

Bish was eyeballin' my TV.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Wildhog on November 03, 2015, 04:16:35 pm
Bish was eyeballin' my TV.
And the truth comes out.  Shame on you...  Was it the curved tv?  Cause that makes a difference. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.