Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Fayetteville Razorback Game

Started by KCHogsFan, October 18, 2016, 02:29:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KCHogsFan

Hello all, I'm new to this Hogville thread, been here about two weeks. I am going to my first Razorback game in Fayetteville for the Florida game and have never been to Northwest Arkansas before. What is the atmosphere at the games like, where to go eat/see/do on game day, and how is the view from the upper level seats, I think I am in section 515? We aren't staying overnight but going early in the morning and would like to go around Fayetteville a bit. Go Hogs!

rzrbkman

Quote from: KCHogsFan on October 18, 2016, 02:29:37 pm
Hello all, I'm new to this Hogville thread, been here about two weeks. I am going to my first Razorback game in Fayetteville for the Florida game and have never been to Northwest Arkansas before. What is the atmosphere at the games like, where to go eat/see/do on game day, and how is the view from the upper level seats, I think I am in section 515? We aren't staying overnight but going early in the morning and would like to go around Fayetteville a bit. Go Hogs!

You will be on the east side upper deck at about midfield. I prefer the upper deck seats because it is much easier to see the play develop. However I prefer the west side upper deck, but the east side is not bad as long as its not too hot and sunny. Early in the season in a day game the east side stands can be brutal.

SpeedyHog

That climb to the upper deck is a drag. It's worse if it's raining.
Call Me Trumpton.

DiamondHogFan

Atmosphere is mediocre.  Only hit 117 decibels last weekend...

SpeedyHog

Check out the senior walk on campus.  My brother name is on there.
Call Me Trumpton.

longpig

A lot of sports facilities, football and otherwise, are close to the stadium.  The football building, indoor and outdoor practice fields, track, basketball.....Be worth your while to go in and look around if they're open.
Don't be scared, be smart.

ErykofArkansas

I am also going to be making it to my first game up there in probably 10 years or so.  Alot of the area has changed so i am looking forward to seeing what to do.   Also any speculation as to what time the game might kick off? Hope its not the 11am game.

KCHogsFan

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on October 18, 2016, 02:40:46 pm

Considering the fact that 120 db is the threshold for human pain, 117 is not bad at all, it looked pretty loud on tv to me, and its rare that the announcers say that it was so loud the ground was shaking under their feet lol

KCHogsFan

Quote from: ErykofArkansas on October 18, 2016, 04:52:17 pm
I am also going to be making it to my first game up there in probably 10 years or so.  Alot of the area has changed so i am looking forward to seeing what to do.   Also any speculation as to what time the game might kick off? Hope its not the 11am game.

I wonder about the kickoff time as well. I think a 3pm or 6pm game is good, were driving back to Central Ark so I don't want it to be too late but I do want to go out to Dickson St. after the game for a bit before going home so it would be late either way. I've heard they might make it a CBS double header with Alabama and LSU.

DallasHogFan

I went to my first ever game last weekend at Ole Miss. Weather, Atmosphere, Tailgating, all were even better than I had hoped. I was Row 1 in section 514 and if I ever bough season tickets, I would probably choose to sit there. The hike up to the upper level took a while, but it didn't really bother us. Loved watching the plays develop (I was all ready screaming touchdown before Austin let the ball go on the deep TD to D Reed). Looking to go back to for the Florida game. You're going to love it, just hope the weather is like last weekend.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

SpeedyHog

Quote from: ErykofArkansas on October 18, 2016, 04:52:17 pm

We will find out on Oct 24th at around 11 am or Noon central time.
Call Me Trumpton.

Hawgphish

Go early and watch the basketball team practice.  And do a little shopping at Bud Walton.

KCHogsFan

Also one other random question, how does parking work? Anyone know of some lots or areas where you can park for free? I don't mind walking a bit.

ricepig

Quote from: KCHogsFan on October 18, 2016, 05:46:18 pm
Also one other random question, how does parking work? Anyone know of some lots or areas where you can park for free? I don't mind walking a bit.

Baum Stadium

SpeedyHog

Call Me Trumpton.

ricepig

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 18, 2016, 05:54:48 pm
You can also ride the shuttle bus from Baum PL to RRS.

There is also some parking in front of Old Main along Arkansas Avenue on the west side of the street. I don't know how early you would have to get there to park, but you could walk through the campus on the way to the stadium. It would have some uphill on the way back, lol.

swineology

Did you watch the game last weekend?

KCHogsFan

tannerstahl

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on October 18, 2016, 02:40:46 pm

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
i love the hogs....so very very much