Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

do the hogs have an encrypted secure communication system

Started by Piggfoot, October 18, 2016, 10:36:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

supersaint

Quote from: hogz11 on October 18, 2016, 09:14:43 pm
What in the world??? ???  ???

It's not far fetched. I know for a fact that coaches have been able to hear the what the other team's coaches were saying through their headsets.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on October 18, 2016, 09:45:24 pm
Hoganese?

Hopefully, the Barners haven't captured someone from our staff and figured out our Hoganese.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on October 18, 2016, 10:49:52 pm
Hopefully, the Barners haven't captured someone from our staff and figured out our Hoganese.

All Hoganese Code Talkers are assigned a 450 lb. bodyguard who speaks only Russian and is trained to protect them if at all possible and set on them if they are at risk of capture.   ;)

ricepig

According to the Red Pup fans, some kid hijacked their stadium frequency and led a Hog call during their game Saturday night, lol.

The_Bionic_Pig

Hand signals from Enos to the backup to the QB can be overruled by Allen as a failsafe if the play looks to be in jeopardy.

Most Razorback plays are scripted well in advance (almost entire drives) unless 2/3rd and very long situations arise.

My understanding is that Arkansas can call so many different play's from a exact same formation that stealing signals is not really effective.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Oklahawg

Years ago, we were playing UGA who was starting a rather inexperienced QB (IIRC). The UGA QB would crouch much lower when handing the ball off vs his crouch for passing plays. I called an acquaintance who was at the game with a sideline pass. They talked to a GA. It kind of died there, or so my friend and I thought. 

Turns out, it was picked up from the press box but by the time they were ready to do something with this new knowledge UGA had seen it also and fixed the problem

Teams seem to be pretty adept at figuring out if there is a problem.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 19, 2016, 10:16:15 am
Hand signals from Enos to the backup to the QB can be overruled by Allen as a failsafe if the play looks to be in jeopardy.

Most Razorback plays are scripted well in advance (almost entire drives) unless 2/3rd and very long situations arise.

My understanding is that Arkansas can call so many different play's from a exact same formation that stealing signals is not really effective.

Gus has been quietly accused of signal stealing more than once, and by Jimbo Fisher of all people. I'm sure Bret has systems in place.
This is my non-signature signature.

HyperDrive

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 19, 2016, 10:31:27 am
Gus has been quietly accused of signal stealing more than once, and by Jimbo Fisher of all people. I'm sure Bret has systems in place.

That's because Jimbo Fisher is dumb as a box of rocks.  His QB/WR coach had left FSU for Auburn before the season.  They meet in the national title game and that coach could look across the field and see plain as day that FSU hadn't bothered to change their signals.  What was he supposed to do, look away?  It's not like someone was sitting behind the FSU bench with a camera and a parabolic mic to steal play calls.  FSU was just dumb.

Name the other time.

Danny J

Quote from: HyperDrive on October 19, 2016, 10:35:16 am
That's because Jimbo Fisher is dumb as a box of rocks.  His QB/WR coach had left FSU for Auburn before the season.  They meet in the national title game and that coach could look across the field and see plain as day that FSU hadn't bothered to change their signals.  What was he supposed to do, look away?  It's not like someone was sitting behind the FSU bench with a camera and a parabolic mic to steal play calls.  FSU was just dumb.

Name the other time.
Did you guys have a chance to look into your elevator issues since 2014?

Oklahawg

Name the other time.

Aubbie is lead by a HS coach if they don't have a grad asst or three assigned to watching signs in an attempt to steal them. Rarely works, but it is worth tracking.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Großer Kriegschwein

Name the other time.

Kansas State and Arkansas 2014.

Toolbag

Just like knowing that our offensive coordinator could be a stunt double for Fat Bastard and having the elevator "break" during our game. Shouldn't have been fat, we wouldn't have been able to get away with it.

HyperDrive

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 19, 2016, 10:47:00 am
Kansas State and Arkansas 2014.

Toolbag

Link?

QuoteJust like knowing that our offensive coordinator could be a stunt double for Fat Bastard and having the elevator "break" during our game. Shouldn't have been fat, we wouldn't have been able to get away with it.

Yeah, because mechanical stuff never breaks or malfunctions.  And that's totally why you lost by 24.

HyperDrive

Quote from: Danny J on October 19, 2016, 10:42:36 am
Did you guys have a chance to look into your elevator issues since 2014?

Have you guys gotten counseling for the compulsive excuse-making when you lose?

HyperDrive

Quote from: ricepig on October 19, 2016, 10:57:11 am
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/11551618/kansas-state-wildcats-coach-bill-snyder-accuses-auburn-tigers-signal-stealing

Ok then, next question.  If you notice that a team does a certain signal, and everytime that signal is given they run a certain play, what are you supposed to do with that knowledge?  Are you telling me that if someone on the Arkansas sideline figured out how to interpret the signs we hold up and the signals we send in that it wouldn't be communicated to the defense?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HyperDrive on October 19, 2016, 10:54:27 am
Yeah, because mechanical stuff never breaks or malfunctions.  And that's totally why you lost by 24.

Sure didn't help when we were tied at 21

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HyperDrive on October 19, 2016, 10:59:28 am
Ok then, next question.  If you notice that a team does a certain signal, and everytime that signal is given they run a certain play, what are you supposed to do with that knowledge?  Are you telling me that if someone on the Arkansas sideline figured out how to interpret the signs we hold up and the signals we send in that it wouldn't be communicated to the defense?

You coach your team instead of staring at the opposing sideline.

HyperDrive

I'll also note, Synder contended that we were "stealing" signals in the first half.  A half where they had 197 yds and a TD. 

The second half, after they changed the signs, they got 122 yds and a TD.

Could it be that you just weren't that good on offense that night and your players could have had multiple tells that gave away whether a play was run or pass, or which side it was going to?

HyperDrive

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 19, 2016, 11:01:50 am
You coach your team instead of staring at the opposing sideline.

Newsflash...teams are looking across the way during games all the time.  I will guarantee you, staff on other teams (including Arkansas), is looking to see if there's a correlation between certain signs/signals and the play call.  If this is surprising to you, I'd suggest leaving the basement every once in a while.

ricepig

You asked for a link, I provided one. I generally don't have a problem with stealing signals, it's part of the game, just like in baseball. We huddle, so our signals are a number that AA has on his wristband, pretty hard to discern what the play is. I guess as long as someone is jamming signals, it's all fair.

HyperDrive

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 19, 2016, 11:00:21 am
Sure didn't help when we were tied at 21

You got blanked 24-0 in the second half.  Do you take cheese with that whine?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HyperDrive on October 19, 2016, 11:03:41 am
I'll also note, Synder contended that we were "stealing" signals in the first half.  A half where they had 197 yds and a TD. 

The second half, after they changed the signs, they got 122 yds and a TD.

Could it be that you just weren't that good on offense that night and your players could have had multiple tells that gave away whether a play was run or pass, or which side it was going to?

Couldn't it be that you are also a scumbag, like your head coach, and won't admit that having people steal signals from the opposing sideline is similar to listening to their headsets?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HyperDrive on October 19, 2016, 11:05:47 am
You got blanked 24-0 in the second half.  Do you take cheese with that whine?

Our OC not being able to get to the locker room didn't have anything to do with it either.

Moron.

HyperDrive

Also of note:

Quote"They had an awareness -- or may have -- that was my indication," Snyder said Monday on the Big 12 coaches conference call. "They may have had awareness to what some of our signals were and confidently we had the ability to change them. That's extremely common in athletics. That's just part of the game. It is not 'stealing.' That's the way of the game, coached and conducted."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/09/auburn_reading_signals_is_not.html

HyperDrive

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 19, 2016, 11:05:54 am
Couldn't it be that you are also a scumbag, like your head coach, and won't admit that having people steal signals from the opposing sideline is similar to listening to their headsets?

No, but it could be that you desperately cling to bitter excuses when you lose rather than admit you just got beaten by a superior team. 

This wasn't espionage and Bill Snyder even said so.  Signals are out in the open and if you're looking out on the field, depending on your vantage points, you almost couldn't avoid seeing them.  Hell, even watching on TV I could see a certain hand motion that Kirby Smart commonly made in certain downs and distances.  I have no idea what it meant, but if you see it enough (it was obvious) and then you see Bama's defense align or react a certain way, you'd be an idiot not to point it out to the OC and HC.

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

HyperDrive

Quote from: ricepig on October 19, 2016, 11:05:10 am
You asked for a link, I provided one. I generally don't have a problem with stealing signals, it's part of the game, just like in baseball. We huddle, so our signals are a number that AA has on his wristband, pretty hard to discern what the play is. I guess as long as someone is jamming signals, it's all fair.

And I appreciate that.  I had forgotten about it.  But as you said, it's just part of the game.  Any signal done out in the open like that is clearly visible.  If you don't do anything to either shield the signals or make them difficult to interpret, or like Dumbo Fisher you don't even bother to change them when you know a former offensive coach is on the other sideline, that's on you.

Still didn't see a signal stealing link about Arkansas 2014 though.

HyperDrive

southarkhog06

so Auburn steals signals, recruits thugs, pays players, and still sucks?

LMFAO, no wonder they are always so salty.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HyperDrive on October 19, 2016, 11:11:57 am
No, but it could be that you desperately cling to bitter excuses when you lose rather than admit you just got beaten by a superior team. 

This wasn't espionage and Bill Snyder even said so.  Signals are out in the open and if you're looking out on the field, depending on your vantage points, you almost couldn't avoid seeing them.  Hell, even watching on TV I could see a certain hand motion that Kirby Smart commonly made in certain downs and distances.  I have no idea what it meant, but if you see it enough (it was obvious) and then you see Bama's defense align or react a certain way, you'd be an idiot not to point it out to the OC and HC.

We played the reigning national runner-up to a tie in the first half, on the road after not winning a single conference game the previous year. Do you honestly think I was actually expecting to win that game?

longpig

Those big yellow 3rd down signs that OM holds up aren't reminders to their unattentive defense, they're long range nonparabolic listening devices.  Look close and you can see the wires.
Don't be scared, be smart.

sickboy

Yeah, I know you're an Auburn fan and we "hate" each other and everything. And Gus Malzhan is a high school devil... but I agree with you here. If it's on the field and the opposing team isn't smart enough to know they're showing their hand -- it's fair game.

Now, hacking someone's telecommunications equipment (I'm not saying Auburn has done this) is another story.

Seebs

10100100010100010010100100110101010101010010001001000100101010101001000011010101010101111010101001011100001001000000100010100010100101001011011010100101010010101001010100100010101010010101000100010100101001001001010011010101010010101010010111111111100100101001010010100101001010010010100100010010010010010101010000100101011100101001010101010010101000100100101110100101010010101001010100101001010100100101010100

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

Quote from: HyperDrive on October 19, 2016, 11:14:23 am
And I appreciate that.  I had forgotten about it.  But as you said, it's just part of the game.  Any signal done out in the open like that is clearly visible.  If you don't do anything to either shield the signals or make them difficult to interpret, or like Dumbo Fisher you don't even bother to change them when you know a former offensive coach is on the other sideline, that's on you.

Still didn't see a signal stealing link about Arkansas 2014 though.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/9/4/6104425/football-coaches-stealing-signals-signs-play-calls

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: longpig on October 19, 2016, 11:32:34 am
Those big yellow 3rd down signs that OM holds up aren't reminders to their unattentive defense, they're long range nonparabolic listening devices.  Look close and you can see the wires.

And apparently Ole Miss was unaware you had to plug them into your headset. Instead they plugged them into their arses. You saw the results.

HyperDrive

Quote from: ricepig on October 19, 2016, 11:35:10 am

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/9/4/6104425/football-coaches-stealing-signals-signs-play-calls

So let me get this straight...Bielema was accusing us of stealing signs, but says he wasn't.  But then, some coaches say that every team is looking at signs and trying to correlate that to play calls for their teams, so in the end it's completely immaterial.

How is this some Auburn issue again?

ricepig

Quote from: HyperDrive on October 19, 2016, 11:36:55 am
So let me get this straight...Bielema was accusing us of stealing signs, but says he wasn't.  But then, some coaches say that every team is looking at signs and trying to correlate that to play calls for their teams, so in the end it's completely immaterial.

How is this some Auburn issue again?

You seem to have a problem with asking for a link, being shown a link, and understanding that we are just providing you one. I just hope you are around after the game, or on Sunday, you'll probably be as hard to find as old reb Kevan lol.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on October 19, 2016, 11:41:19 am
You seem to have a problem with asking for a link, being shown a link, and understanding that we are just providing you one. I just hope you are around after the game, or on Sunday, you'll probably be as hard to find as old reb Kevan lol.

He has been kinda ghost-lik after the 4th & 25!diatribe.

PorkRinds

Auburn trolls are the worst. Their "high school" football coach steals signals and has since he coached high school.  It is what it is. 

greasy_corner

I'm sick of this Auburn bashing!  Coach Gus doesn't steal signals! 

He pays for them.  Fair and square. 

HyperDrive

Well, thank you for the link.  But now that we have it, it kinda makes sense to actually read what it says and ask some questions.  You seem to have a problem with digging any deeper than "here's a link."

Michael_E_Davis

Don't tell me the Russians are going to help Auburn.  Damn.  We better get something secured before wikileaks releases our plays.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

HyperDrive

I'm here, ricepig.