Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Austin Allen: Top of the West, 7th in Nation per Pro Football Focus

Started by jbcarol, October 18, 2016, 09:19:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Ranking of the 10 best quarterbacks in college football, based on our grading of every FBS player on every play of every game

Quote7. Austin Allen, Arkansas Razorbacks

Allen won the battle of the two highest-graded SEC quarterbacks Saturday night, as the Razorbacks edged out Ole Miss 34-30 and Allen graded considerably better than the Rebels' Chad Kelly. Allen ranks third nationally in adjusted completion rate on deep pass attempts, at 51.4 percent, and he has thrived despite being under pressure on a nation-leading 46.7 percent of his dropbacks.

Kelly, Hurts round out Top Ten.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

micali

jackflash

Little Lady Back

Love Austin's toughness, grit, leadership and arm. He is a great QB and I'm proud that he is a Razorback.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: 
#NolanRichardsonCourt

DeltaBoy

Good for him I am pround he hung around and became our QB.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

sickboy

Kid is the best all around QB we've probably ever had. Mallett was very talented, no doubt -- but he had an offensive system that tailored to his arm strength. Plus he had three NFL caliber receivers on the field to throw to.

Allen does all the little things well. He checks down when he has to. For a moderately mobile QB, he avoids the rush extremely well. When he has to stand in the pocket and take a punch to the gut -- he doesn't even bat an eye. He's extremely accurate and has enough arm strength to make every throw. 

Honestly, we've been really lucky to have some solid QBs over the last few years -- Mallett, Wilson, BA and AA. But Austin might be the best.

PorkRinds

I'm confused.  I thought he only won the job because of his last name.  :puke:

OPoraquê

According to an Oxford MS newspaper, AA was the first Arkansas quarterback ever to pass for multiple touchdowns in his first six games.

Make that record seven now.

(BTW, I was shocked when he didn't make Parade all-American his senior year at Fay High.  Yet since the beginning of this decade (BA's senior year at FHS) Arkansas 7A West teams have consistently been among the top 100 in the nation.  This year alone, early in the season before the schools started beating each other up, Fayetteville, Har-Ber, Bentonville (and Greenwood) were all in the Calpreps top 140. That's an amazing accomplishment, and shows the quality of hs competition in this area is becoming recognized...AA might have made that team in 2017.)

MJ2

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 18, 2016, 02:16:20 pm

Yep, supposedly Peavy was better and then there was a long list of others that were better, etc.....

woodrow hog call

Yeah Bobby must know the people that rank them too, since that's the only reason AA got the job was because of Bobby and him being on the staff and all, that is some kind of good ole boy network right there isn't it?
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Hawgzinbowlz

AA will lead us to victory over Aub.

He's an excellent QB...And improving every week.

" GO HOGS "

daBoar

Amazing to me that the top rated QB in the SEC, the league with a defense, is only rated #7.

rickfahr

Austin has been more than a pleasant surprise. He throws an awesome deep ball, and he has the arm strength to make any pass. He doesn't seem to waste many plays. He's been great thus far, and barring anything goofy, he should be awesome next year.

elviscat

He is a great qb and tough as a nickel steak. Dan Enos, has done a great job of developing our quarterbacks. We need to keep him.

Hawgar The Horrible

Can't wait to see the backup QB that was robbed due to the fact there was no "real" competition for the starting role.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

HogHolio

Me too I heard he stares down receivers as well.

zane

RIP LSUfan

tophawg19

I'm curious to see Kelley . The way Enos and CBB have talked about him, i thought it was Jim Kelly reincarnation. Kid is supposed to have more upside than AA . he is taller so that may make him more favorable to the NFL
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

bigred223

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 18, 2016, 08:40:59 pm
I'm curious to see Kelley . The way Enos and CBB have talked about him, i thought it was Jim Kelly reincarnation. Kid is supposed to have more upside than AA . he is taller so that may make him more favorable to the NFL

I'll be looking forward to seeing him in two years.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/788513470782275584

From the Paul Finebaum Show, Coach talks about his quarterback's ability to learn while he was on the sideline.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DiamondHogFan

Is there any concern about him declaring for the draft after this year?  It has always been assumed that he will start for 2 years...but I don't think anyone expected him to be this good, this soon.  May be a little premature to even speculate, but just curious what everyone thinks.

Oklahawg

Allen is poised to be the best UA QB of the SEC era. Mallett, Wilson, Jones, Stoerner, BA...all will be behind AA if he continues this path for another year and a half.

Someone needs to pony up $$ so we keep Enos for another 10 years.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

JayBell

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on October 19, 2016, 08:03:38 amIs there any concern about him declaring for the draft after this year?  It has always been assumed that he will start for 2 years...but I don't think anyone expected him to be this good, this soon.  May be a little premature to even speculate, but just curious what everyone thinks.

I brought it up a couple of weeks ago and there seems to be almost universal dismissal from everyone on here despite the fact that scouts and other observers keep rating him so high.

With 5 of his top 6 receivers going pro, I don't know why he would decide to come back if he thinks he can get drafted.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Großer Kriegschwein

I don't think Enos bolts in up Austin's eligibility expires.
This is my non-signature signature.

PORKULATOR

No longer Little A.
Now the man on campus. As Austin goes so goes the Razorbacks.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

jbcarol