Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Auburn game worry anyone else?

Started by baseballhog, October 18, 2016, 08:49:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

longpig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 18, 2016, 11:37:06 am
We hope it looks like a strength.  We know Gus ball is about getting you out of alignment.  Missing Greenlaw.  Missing Coley for a half.  Hope the first level of our D plays well and the replacements behind them play to their responsibilities and don't get fooled by Gus.

Gus has just now gotten his offense to function on a basic level, doubtful he can have it executing a hundred bye week complicated installs of trickery and deception.  Our struggles with OM's HUNH and  creative formations last Saturday will pay off.
Don't be scared, be smart.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: baseballhog on October 18, 2016, 08:49:29 am
Just seems like everyone on the radio and around here has already chalked up a "W" already. Not sure we are to the point of looking past secw teams just yet. A true road game in a place we haven't had a ton of success, but it's just my observation and being worrisome.

NOPE!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HF#1

Could we get beat? Sure. Had we lost against Ole Miss, I wouldn't feel good about this game. I think Ole Miss was our "get right" game. Bielema's teams so far here have been second half of the season teams. We get stronger, we get better.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: longpig on October 18, 2016, 12:25:01 pm
Gus has just now gotten his offense to function on a basic level, doubtful he can have it executing a hundred bye week complicated installs of trickery and deception.  Our struggles with OM's HUNH and  creative formations last Saturday will pay off.

OM is a passing HUNH.  Gus is much more run option.  A&M's success against us running should give us a little concern at least going into this matchup. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Redhogs

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 18, 2016, 11:29:31 am
I guess I am a fool Redhogs. I am not worried about Aubbie at all.
Hope you are right...really do.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

a0ashle

One thing that makes me feel alright about this game is that Auburn very little WR production outside of their #1 guy. We have shown that we can pick a receiving threat and take him out of the game (much like our 2014 season), I expect Pulley to be on Tony Stevens who has had 25% of their targets. If we do that, our Dline will have more time to get to the QB.

010HogFan

Quote from: a0ashle on October 18, 2016, 01:22:29 pm
One thing that makes me feel alright about this game is that Auburn very little WR production outside of their #1 guy. We have shown that we can pick a receiving threat and take him out of the game (much like our 2014 season), I expect Pulley to be on Tony Stevens who has had 25% of their targets. If we do that, our Dline will have more time to get to the QB.

Yep. Ask Taj Williams and Evan Engram

HogimusMaximus

Just seems like everyone on the radio and around here has already chalked up a "W" already. Not sure we are to the point of looking past secw teams just yet. A true road game in a place we haven't had a ton of success, but it's just my observation and being worrisome.

Yep, we are gonna lose if we play like we normally do.

a0ashle

The Hogfather

I think we lose this game.  The line tells me a lot.  Coming off of beating Ole Miss, we should not be a 7.5-10 point underdog @ Auburn, but it is currently sitting at 9.5-10.  I hope I'm wrong, but it appears to me Vegas is begging for Arkansas money.

a0ashle

Quote from: 010HogFan on October 18, 2016, 01:26:16 pm
Yep. Ask Taj Williams and Evan Engram

Evan Engram torched us early, but I think we made an adjustment at the half.

phadedhawg

I think the point spread is complete bs.  I think Auburn is favored because they are at home but only by 4. 

It's the second half of the season and very few teams hang with Arkansas down the stretch.  Auburn is a team still searching for their identity and we know who we are.  We aren't as good as A&M and we sure ain't as good as Alabama but we can beat the Auburns of the world.

IMABIELEMA

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 18, 2016, 01:39:14 pm
I think the point spread is complete bs.  I think Auburn is favored because they are at home but only by 4. 

It's the second half of the season and very few teams hang with Arkansas down the stretch.  Auburn is a team still searching for their identity and we know who we are.  We aren't as good as A&M and we sure ain't as good as Alabama but we can beat the Auburns of the world.
Your Auburn hate game is strong.  Tell me how you feel about Auburn playing in 2 BCS championships games,  winning one, & winning 2 SEC championships in the past 6 years?  Just trying to make you realize how funny you sound.  PS- don't hurt me.

Hogsenburg

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 18, 2016, 01:39:14 pm

You are awful confident man.....they are going to have to show me they are capable of consistency

rzrbackramsfan

We're two score underdogs according to vegas and have like a 20% chance to win according to ESPN.   We're apparently supposed to lose this game.  I think we'll win though. 

010HogFan

Quote from: a0ashle on October 18, 2016, 01:33:02 pm
Evan Engram torched us early, but I think we made an adjustment at the half.

Putting Liddell on him really made a difference. I think that's who ended up on him anyway

Arkansas Fan

If we get a lead on Auburn, don't get conservative on offense, keep being aggressive and go for the killing blow. That almost cost us the Ole Miss game.

Hog N Bama

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: razorsharptusk on October 18, 2016, 11:42:17 am
This will not be an easy win. But Hogs are well capable of winning it.  It all starts with the O line for our offensive success.

This is the first battle that we must win
This is my non-signature signature.

hawgbawb

I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

ricepig

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on October 18, 2016, 02:10:07 pm
Your Auburn hate game is strong.  Tell me how you feel about Auburn playing in 2 BCS championships games,  winning one, & winning 2 SEC championships in the past 6 years?  Just trying to make you realize how funny you sound.  PS- don't hurt me.

What does what happened a few years ago, do with this season? Auburn hasn't set the world on fire against FBS schools outside of Miss St. What's wrong with hating Auburn, they are the opponent aren't they, or you have a different take on it????

jgphillips3

Their defense is for real but their offense is merely so-so.  If the team we saw play Ole Miss last week shows up, I'm not worried.  However, if we are "A&M game" stubborn on offense this game, then it could be worrisome.  If we let AA be free to be AA, we'll be just fine.

BielemaBrilliance

Every football game the Razorbacks play and the stripes are on the field ...I worry. I think bye weeks hurt more than help when teams are are on a roll. I would rather play on the road when my team as momentum than after a bye for sure. I believe we win if we are only playing AU. If the refs continue their awful play calling then it could be a long day!!
"When you win, nothing hurts" Joe N

Michael_E_Davis

It does not worry me at all.  It's just a football game.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

East TN HAWG

I was more worried about OM.  I think we can score points against them.  We had almost 500 yards against Bama.  Auburn's D is not Bama's D.  They want to think the are but they are not.

I don't respect thier offenseive unit at all.  If we can correct the edge issue we had with Bama, then we will be alright.  They will probably hang twenty something, but we will hang thirty plus.

Porkette

GO HOGS GO!

STLhawg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 18, 2016, 02:14:03 pm
We're two score underdogs according to vegas and have like a 20% chance to win according to ESPN.
ESPN gave us the same chance to beat Ole Piss too.  LOL   :razorback: