Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kody Walker done - RB depth

Started by redleg, October 18, 2016, 07:40:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

Sixth year senior Kody Walker is done as a Hog. He sustained yet another leg injury and has had season ending surgery. Kudos to Kody for his effort as a Razorback!  :razorback:

What does Arkansas' running back depth chart look like now that Walker is gone?
I guess it is fairly easy...Rawleigh Williams, Devwah Whaley, and we should start to see TJ Hammonds get more carries too. But, I think a one-two punch of Raw-Will and Dev-Wha would be on tap for the rest of the season.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

trphog

A whole lot more of DW. And that's a GOOD thing!

Exit Pursued by a Boar

More Whaley, maybe some Hammonds as well.

EFBAB

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RME

Still waiting for them to unleash the secret weapon. When do you guys think Bielema will stop playing his cards so close to his chest?

Stewhog 11

Yeah it sucks for Kody, but unless RWIII or Whaley goes down we really don't have any reason to worry. Those guys have both shown they are more than capable. With our passing game, and various WRs getting about three carries a game, two solid backs are all we need.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on October 18, 2016, 08:35:40 am
Yeah it sucks for Kody, but unless RWIII or Whaley goes down we really don't have any reason to worry. Those guys have both shown they are more than capable. With our passing game, and various WRs getting about three carries a game, two solid backs are all we need.

A third back will get some touches for the mere fact that they have some reps if one of the first two goes down.

hogcard1964

I want top see Hammonds more.  He looks like a good one.

jackflash

hate for Walker gone thro so much to be a Hog

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: jackflash on October 18, 2016, 10:34:13 am
hate for Walker gone thro so much to be a Hog

Strangest career of any Hog RB I can remember.
[CENSORED]!

rljjr

Thanks for sticking it out for so long, Kody. You gave every ounce you had and you're very much appreciated. Best of luck in everything you do in life.

hoghiker

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 18, 2016, 11:06:09 am
Thinking the same thing.

HF#1

I hope we can work Hammonds into the rotation some. He's a potential dynamic player.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

AFWarrior83

I feel bad for Kody, he was all hog, but couldn't stay healthy. I hope he finds success outside of football.
Hogville member since 2005.

Hogs run wild

brandon holmes was often injured. But he was all hog.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

ArkansasI

Quote from: Hogs run wild on October 18, 2016, 01:20:05 pm
brandon holmes was often injured. But he was all hog.
We were so thin that Brandon lined up at D-End for a game or two.  About the same time we were pulling quarterbacks off the intramural field.

Unbelievable...

PorkSoda

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on October 18, 2016, 01:19:12 pm
I feel bad for Kody, he was all hog, but couldn't stay healthy. I hope he finds success outside of football.
seems like a hard worker, I'm sure he will do fine.  wish him the best in getting his degree and moving on to the next stage of his life.  he will always be a razorback though.  I'm sure the state will show him some love.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DiamondHogFan

We looked fine on Saturday.  We are in good shape with RWIII and DW as long as they stay healthy.

Hope for the best for KW though.  A good hog.  :razorback:

bennyl08

Curtis had a strange one as well. RB, WR, CB, then back to RB. He was a really good athlete and a fluid runner with the ball in his hands. He just had too much trouble keeping the ball in his hands.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

TebowHater

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 18, 2016, 01:38:48 pm
Curtis had a strange one as well. RB, WR, CB, then back to RB. He was a really good athlete and a fluid runner with the ball in his hands. He just had too much trouble keeping the ball in his hands.

Didn't he finish up at FB?

razorsharptusk

Don't forget how important he was down the stretch for us last year. I like our two current backs, but Kody was a bruiser. He will be missed.
GO HOGS!!

al_pigcino

thefisher

Quote from: al_pigcino on October 18, 2016, 07:14:06 pm
Is it Dr. Walker yet?

I thought that he had majored in criminology and had some cool job offers from the Lone Star State.

Evidently it will be a series.

Heard they will call it, Walker, Texas Ranger.

Could not be a more deserving recipient!
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Big Boi