Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Stadium

Started by uncle bubs, October 16, 2016, 05:02:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle bubs

I grew up going to Fayetteville games, but hadn't been to a home game in 5 years due to living out of state. I've now been to 3 this year, and holy cow. That place has gotten insanely loud. At all 3 games I've been to, I can feel the whole stadium shaking at my feet, and can't even hear the person next to me try to talk to me. When did that place get so crazy? The tailgating is way better than I remember too. I've just had a blast this year there, win or lose. Anybody else feel the same?
God bless the Boston Mountains.

IntegrityHog

"It's still no WMS."  Signed Rex Whatshisname

hogfan10

Quote from: IntegrityHog on October 16, 2016, 05:51:56 pm

getting close though, couldn't seem to get the game clock working last night. what an embarrassment.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hogfan10 on October 16, 2016, 07:06:19 pm
getting close though, couldn't seem to get the game clock working last night. what an embarrassment.

Just curious....Why were you embarrassed that there were clock problems? Were you in charge? Are you equally embarassed when the concessions are subpar? Can't understand why people continue to say they were embarrassed by things they had nothing to do with or no control over.
(Sorry had to vent a little)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

phadedhawg

Crowd was amazing...clock...not so much. 

I work in IT and sometimes systems no matter how well you test them beforehand fail at showtime.  It's frustrating....it took them quite awhile to resolve it.  I'm sure those were some tense moments. 

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 16, 2016, 07:10:30 pm
Just curious....Why were you embarrassed that there were clock problems? Were you in charge? Are you equally embarassed when the concessions are subpar? Can't understand why people continue to say they were embarrassed by things they had nothing to do with or no control over.

Cause some have to find something to b**ch about even when we win.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

tophawg19

the game against South Carolina where Dmac ran wild was the loudest i remember
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

phadedhawg

Of course it's kinda embarrassing when you're on national TV and  the clock does not work.  However I've never watched a game on TV and thought "gee..their concession area needs improvement".  lolol

razorbackmarine

Yup, One of the loudest places in college football now and the game clock does'nt work to boot. I guess War Memorial stadium has officially given up the ghost for good and it has inhabited Razorback Stadium. Gone are the days of the blue bloods setting in their seats at Fayettevile games...and the real rowdy Little Rock type crowds are there with almost twice the population. WPS

uncle bubs

I mean, Razorback Stadium has found the formula to be one of the craziest places in the south for a football game. And on top of that, we had a sellout for Texas State? That's awesome. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

uncle bubs

And not to mention the student section. That's where we "sit", (nobody actually sits in the Trough, they stand anytime the players are on the field). I go home feeling physically ill from all the chaos, and I haven't drank a drop.

Athog

Quote from: IntegrityHog on October 16, 2016, 05:51:56 pm

Yeah still has Razorback games!!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 16, 2016, 07:13:54 pm
Of course it's kinda embarrassing when you're on national TV and  the clock does not work.  However I've never watched a game on TV and thought "gee..their concession area needs improvement".  lolol
But why is it embarrassing to you? Makes no sense. It may be embarrassing for the stadium staff & UofA, but you personally?

RME

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 16, 2016, 07:34:50 pm
But why is it embarrassing to you? Makes no sense. It may be embarrassing for the stadium staff & UofA, but you personally?

Some people take things way too personally.

He probably thinks that the casual football fan will remember that on October 15, 2016, Arkansas' clock stopped working, and that we will be a laughing stock nationally.

As if I would remember watching a game that wasn't Arkansas and 20 years later remember, "wow so-and-so's clock stopped working that one night, how embarrassing.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 16, 2016, 07:38:35 pm
Some people take things way too personally.

He probably thinks that the casual football fan will remember that on October 15, 2016, Arkansas' clock stopped working, and that we will be a laughing stock nationally.

As if I would remember watching a game that wasn't Arkansas and 20 years later remember, "wow so-and-so's clock stopped working that one night, how embarrassing.

Outside of Colorado getting a 5th down....I can't remember if anyone else's clock was malfunctioning. I doubt anyone across the country really gives a rat's arse if the clock at RRS was having issues last night. Well, outside of one guy....

RME

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 16, 2016, 07:41:45 pm
Outside of Colorado getting a 5th down....I can't remember if anyone else's clock was malfunctioning. I doubt anyone across the country really gives a rat's arse if the clock at RRS was having issues last night. Well, outside of one guy....

Exactly. We're not as important across the college football landscape as a lot of our fans think we are.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 16, 2016, 07:56:03 pm
When we started serving Mountain Dew.  Should have switched from Coke years ago.
oh boy here we go!! :P
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

RME

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 16, 2016, 08:03:41 pm
It's a good thing we have you around to keep us grounded.

There you are, I was worried that your creepy obsession with me was wearing off.

Porkette

October 16, 2016, 08:30:43 pm #18 Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 09:04:34 pm by Porkette
In the old days, Razorback Stadium was small and more open. Then for over a decade after the 2001 expansion, the U of A did a really bad job of utilizing the jumbotron (too many dead moments plus commercials that actually drowned out cheers rather than leading them).. Finally, we're getting what the fans asked for for years: the stadium using the big screen & music to keep fans rocking & involved. It improved over time, but especially these past couple years. It's WAY better!
GO HOGS GO!

gangstaback

Quote from: Porkette on October 16, 2016, 08:30:43 pm
In the old days, Razorback Stadium was small and more open. Then for over a decade after the 2001 expansion, the U of A did a really bad job of utilizing the jumbotron (too many dead moments plus commercials that actually drowned out cheers rather than leading them).. Finally, we're getting what the fans asked for for years: the stadium using the big screen & music to keep fans rocking & involved. It improved over time, but especially these past couple years. It's WAY better!

FWIW ... I agree the ads are getting better.

But having been to the South Carolina game mentioned, college gameday game, and USC booty whooping we took ... it has not gotten louder other than the music.

Oddly enough, the Mississippi State game last year was remarkably loud when all the people had already started leaving.

Porkette

Well I always thought Arkansas had great crowds in general (although I'm happily biased), but I just think it's consistently better now due to a lot of little changes,  like making the big announcement for 3rd down on defense. Those things make a difference.
GO HOGS GO!

Augustus

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 16, 2016, 07:13:54 pm

I was chatting with a buddy from Birmingham that came over last week for the Bama game.  He was surprised at the food at DWRRS, said he thought it was better than most other SEC stadiums.

uncle bubs

Quote from: Augustus on October 17, 2016, 12:47:27 am
I was chatting with a buddy from Birmingham that came over last week for the Bama game.  He was surprised at the food at DWRRS, said he thought it was better than most other SEC stadiums.
That too. I can get a basket of chicken strips, fries and a large coke for $12 at the food court AQ. That's pretty good considering.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hogfan10 on October 16, 2016, 07:06:19 pm

Seems to happen to us at least once a season. Usually at WMS. The clock simply has to work every time, all the time. Same for the operators.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

longpig

I noticed they flashed a well worded "Quiet when on offense" message under the pressbox, unfortunately a couple dozen thousand fans didn't.  :'(  Wish they'd replace a lot of the Kettle Chip ads with it the whole game.

Don't be scared, be smart.

1highhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 16, 2016, 07:13:27 pm

I was at that game as well.  DVR'd as well.  I still think the game with Ole Miss was the loudest ever at RRS.  I've been to a louder game in WMS, but dang man, that was years and years ago, the crowds have just gave it up in Little Rock and recognized that it's coming to and end.  And don't get me wrong, I've watched some of my most exciting games there.  The Shootout with Houston and Andre Ware and our Hogs and Quinn Grovey was to me the loudest game I've ever been to, the most exciting as well.

hobhog

Should be even better when fill in north end zone.....

Sed76

The atmosphere has gotten a lot better. The tailgating isn't as big as the WMS golf course but on the walk from Baum didn't encounter anyone staggering around drunk which is always a plus.

Bogghawg

Quote from: Porkette on October 16, 2016, 08:30:43 pm
If they would only learn that over at Bud Walton.  After being a student in the 80s, I get so frustrated with all the commercials and other PA nonsense during the time outs now.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

incHOGnito

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 16, 2016, 07:13:27 pm

Tennessee in 2006 or Bama in 2010 were the two loudest I recall. I hear that Texas in 2004 was loud, as well.

1highhog

Quote from: Sed76 on October 17, 2016, 01:15:57 pm
The atmosphere has gotten a lot better. The tailgating isn't as big as the WMS golf course but on the walk from Baum didn't encounter anyone staggering around drunk which is always a plus.

Yes, but I wish the security was better at Fayetteville.  I get something stolen everytime, well except this year there.  Now before going on up to the Stadium we have to pack everything back up, and I mean everything.  I have to remove all hog magnets, chairs, grill, etc.  I swear if I left a roll of toilet paper out it'd get swiped, lol.

justmakeit2thebcs

The clock always worked at WMS..... ;D

Hawgndaaz

I was between the 40's, lower east side, and was surrounded by lots of 25-45 crowd. It seems the demographics is shifting for the better. I'm sure its because the old blood is aging out and giving their tickets to their kids/grandkids.

it was extremely loud.

hogfan10

[/quote]
Just curious....Why were you embarrassed that there were clock problems? Were you in charge? Are you equally embarrassed when the concessions are subpar? Can't understand why people continue to say they were embarrassed by things they had nothing to do with or no control over.
I wasn't embarrassed, clock mishaps happen at stadiums all across America.
I just thought it was ironic that it wasn't working in DWRRS, when that seems to be an annual complaint
about WMS from the elitist NWA crowd.
Odd that someone like yourself with 8000+ post wouldn't have picked up on the sarcasm!