Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas 34 Ole Miss + Curls 30

Started by Captain Morgan, October 16, 2016, 12:40:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Morgan

Got to hope Hubert Owens does the Auburn game because our Hogs might have to beat two opponents at Jordan Hare 😕  but Woo Pig!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

dandd TD

Honest question......is/was the Refing that Bad or does the SEC protect the higher ranked team. It seems there has been terrible(game changing) calls made against lower ranked SEC teams when playing higher ranked SEC teams. I DO NOT think they are out to get Us, I think we will get the calls if we play a lower ranked team. I have noticed this for a couple of years.
What do you all think? I'll hang up and listen!

crayola99

When Ole Miss is getting calls in Fayetteville it has gotten bad.  It used to be the home team always got the benefit of the doubt unless playing the elites.  It changed at some point and it does seem like Arkansas had been on the losing end way more than not.

upperdeck_hawg

I dont think the bad calls were intentional. The offsides on Dean was a good call. They gave us one at the end there when Wise clearly caused their lineman to move. That 5 yards made the difference in Kelley needing 16 yards instead of 11 yards.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

davglo35

When fans complain about the officials it's usually after a loss and the fans are making excuses for defeat but when fans complain about the officiating after a win something is usually wrong and in this case it's fairly obvious that once again the curles crew sticks it to the Hogs.

Pudgepork

I think anyone watching on tv was surprised that the call went
against ole miss instead of wise.   That turned out to be as much
of a factor in the win as Santos hit.  Thank you Curles crew.  The
sec should probably put them on suicide watch after it sinks in
that they missed a chance to help hand the advantage to ole miss

The Curles crew ignored obvious holds, facemasks and pass interference
calls.  Just shows how 1 call at an opportune time can swing the game
as Hog fans well know from our haunted past

HawgnCorona

Not sure I believe the conspiratory thinking, however, we seemed to finally play thru the bad calls and missteps on OUR part. To me this was a  mental breakthrough. The defense made the big plays, i.e. Santos Ramirez hit that caused CK too fumble as an example. Players making big plays. Coming up with stops when you need too...We need more of this

You do have to make your opportunities and we did that a lot better last night...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Tortfeasor

We get a lot of bad calls, but they did call PI on MS yesterday that was not even close to PI. I honestly think several of the SEC officials are just that bad.

DeltaBoy

It past time for the SEC to clean house of these awful officials.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on October 16, 2016, 02:31:47 am
I dont think the bad calls were intentional. The offsides on Dean was a good call. They gave us one at the end there when Wise clearly caused their lineman to move. That 5 yards made the difference in Kelley needing 16 yards instead of 11 yards.
Two things:

The OT flinched his shoulder, causing Wise to jump.

A DL can jump as long as he doesn't cross the neutral zone and gets out of then so before the snap.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Rzbakfromwaybak

The SEC usually plays the best football in the country.  No excuse for the conference to have some of the worse ref's. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

factchecker

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on October 16, 2016, 02:31:47 am

https://twitter.com/btoff49/status/787873871177224192
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

longpig

Refs just miss calls and misplace calls, it all balances out.  or not.  There are as many fans of top 5 teams who think the refs are told to side with the underdogs for better TV.  That being said, Curles needs to die horribly.
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: factchecker on October 17, 2016, 04:55:50 am
https://twitter.com/Hogtrough/status/787676550200107009

Agree.  There was a ref front center when Hatcher got facemasked on the winning drive too.  If they're going to be picky on anything, it should be facemasking.
Don't be scared, be smart.

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: Deep Shoat on October 16, 2016, 07:39:59 am
Two things:

A DL can jump as long as he doesn't cross the neutral zone and gets out of then so before the snap.

Wrong and wrong. watch it again. Wise moved into the neutral zone causing their guy to jump. I've got the game recorded on DVR and Wise moved INTO the neutral zone first. That was a missed call that benefited us.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: factchecker on October 17, 2016, 04:47:03 am
https://twitter.com/btoff49/status/787873871177224192

you've got still shots that don't show the correct play or the correct moment on the play. I've got the game DVRd and they show the exact moment that Dean was lined up on top of the ESPN black line indicating the line of scrimmage.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

southarkhog06

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on October 17, 2016, 08:18:16 am
you've got still shots that don't show the correct play or the correct moment on the play. I've got the game DVRd and they show the exact moment that Dean was lined up on top of the ESPN black line indicating the line of scrimmage.
it's ok to be wrong dude, sometimes trying to be an "intellectual" or "realist" just makes you look dumb.

thebignasty

These are all instances of ole miss lining up in the neutral zone.

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 17, 2016, 08:28:25 am
it's ok to be wrong dude, sometimes trying to be an "intellectual" or "realist" just makes you look dumb.

sometimes having a keyboard in front of your face doesn't change the fact that you're inbred but who am I to judge.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Michael D Huff AIA

The targeting + ejection was one of the worst calls I've ever seen, and that's not hyperbole.  It was just plain awful. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HawgnCorona on October 16, 2016, 06:47:03 am
Not sure I believe the conspiratory thinking, however, we seemed to finally play thru the bad calls and missteps on OUR part. To me this was a  mental breakthrough. The defense made the big plays, i.e. Santos Ramirez hit that caused CK too fumble as an example. Players making big plays. Coming up with stops when you need too...We need more of this

You do have to make your opportunities and we did that a lot better last night...

I don't believe in conspiracies either. I DO believe some Refs just aren't that good.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GO

LOL

HogShat

Haven't seen the Cantrell hit late out of bounds mentioned... I think everything else is pretty spot on. They were freaking horrible and CBB, JL and other coaches around the league who are fed up with this BS should blow the office up until something is done. And correct me if I am wrong, isn't contact allowed inside of 5 yards? Sprinkle was 4 yards from the LOS when the contact was made. Although the defensive player did initiate the contact, I didn't think it was a penalty at all, much less on offense.

JIHawg

We have won every game in the last two years in which Curles was the head official.

BRHogfan

Quote from: JIHawg on October 17, 2016, 08:50:47 am
We have won every game in the last two years in which Curles was the head official.

So where do you see a list of games with the referee crew listed? 

SantaHog

The worst call I saw was the pass interference called on Sprinkle when the defensive player ran into Sprinkle to knock him off his crossing route.

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hogcard1964

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on October 17, 2016, 08:16:53 am
Wrong and wrong. watch it again. Wise moved into the neutral zone causing their guy to jump. I've got the game recorded on DVR and Wise moved INTO the neutral zone first. That was a missed call that benefited us.

You can enter the neutral zone as long as you get back prior to the snap.

southarkhog06

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on October 17, 2016, 08:38:06 am
sometimes having a keyboard in front of your face doesn't change the fact that you're inbred but who am I to judge.
hmmmmm, name calling? That will surely make you look smart and mature.

Fan1958

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on October 17, 2016, 08:16:53 am

Watch the right guard. He actually moved toward the center and it was not one of those moves typically allowed. such as turning and looking into the backfield, etc.  I really think that is what caused Wise to move and then the tackle flinched.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

hogpc

Quote from: Deep Shoat on October 16, 2016, 07:39:59 am
Two things:

I have to completely disagree - I watched the replay in slo mo about 5 times and never saw the guy move. Second, if a DL jumps into the neutral zone or across the line of scrimmage and causes an OL to move then the penalty is on the defense.  This is what happened and we caught a serious break on that one.

Fan1958

Quote from: hogpc on October 17, 2016, 09:41:23 am
I have to completely disagree - I watched the replay in slo mo about 5 times and never saw the guy move. Second, if a DL jumps into the neutral zone or across the line of scrimmage and causes an OL to move then the penalty is on the defense.  This is what happened and we caught a serious break on that one.

See above.  The RIGHT GUARD MOVED.  He may not have been the one called for the false start but he moved.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

hogcard1964

Quote from: Fan1958 on October 17, 2016, 09:36:19 am
Watch the right guard. He actually moved toward the center and it was not one of those moves typically allowed. such as turning and looking into the backfield, etc.  I really think that is what caused Wise to move and then the tackle flinched.

The fact remains, Wise didn't make contact, so what he did was legal.

hogpc

Quote from: HogShat on October 17, 2016, 08:49:04 am
Haven't seen the Cantrell hit late out of bounds mentioned... I think everything else is pretty spot on. They were freaking horrible and CBB, JL and other coaches around the league who are fed up with this BS should blow the office up until something is done. And correct me if I am wrong, isn't contact allowed inside of 5 yards? Sprinkle was 4 yards from the LOS when the contact was made. Although the defensive player did initiate the contact, I didn't think it was a penalty at all, much less on offense.
Cantrell was hit late out of bounds, should have been called as a late hit.

hogsanity

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 16, 2016, 07:10:44 am
It past time for the SEC to clean house of these awful officials.

Who is going to replace them? There are not enough d1 officials to go around now, let alone if several crews quit being used. The umpire in the Bama game was a fill in on that crew, and his highest level of work before this season was far below the sec.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 17, 2016, 09:31:35 am
You can enter the neutral zone as long as you get back prior to the snap.

not if you cause the offense to move by your movement.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

The complaining about officials would be easier to take if the people complaining actually knew the rules they were commenting on.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bpoecell

I can't believe no one has mentioned the "incompletion" where the Ole Miss receiver took two steps with the ball in his hands.

Pig In The City

Totally not part of the thread but if RW3 had pitched to Allen on the trick play, he would still be running.

hogpc

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on October 17, 2016, 08:39:41 am
The targeting + ejection was one of the worst calls I've ever seen, and that's not hyperbole.  It was just plain awful. 
Dude, with all due respect - "one of the worst calls you've ever seen."?  The Sprinkle PI call was a bad call, the no call on our TE out of bounds was bad.  The targeting was spot on as far as the rules go - if you're going to use hyperbole don't say you aren't - you just lose credibility.

hogsanity

Quote from: SantaHog on October 17, 2016, 09:25:10 am
The worst call I saw was the pass interference called on Sprinkle when the defensive player ran into Sprinkle to knock him off his crossing route.

what was so bad about that call was it appeared to come from the back judge who had to be 30 yards away, with all the traffic between him and the play, no way he had a clear view of it. The TE may have been his key on that formation, but if you can't see it clearly, you can't throw the flag.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: hogsanity on October 17, 2016, 09:52:31 am
what was so bad about that call was it appeared to come from the back judge who had to be 30 yards away, with all the traffic between him and the play, no way he had a clear view of it. The TE may have been his key on that formation, but if you can't see it clearly, you can't throw the flag.
HogSanity, special teams must improve if we plan on going to the Sugar Bowl

RzRbAcK18

Quote from: hogsanity on October 17, 2016, 09:52:31 am

I was just fixing to comment the same thing. If you watch the video you can see two refs right near sprinkle and neither throw a flag. It came in from way in the back. That makes it obvious they were looking for a flag to throw. I can live with ever call, or no call, except this one.

RzRbAcK18

Quote from: Captain Morgan on October 17, 2016, 09:57:14 am

This!

Sometimes I think I would be ok with kicking the ball out of bounds. Them starting on the 35 yard line is a better result more times than not.

hogsanity

Quote from: RzRbAcK18 on October 17, 2016, 09:57:33 am
I was just fixing to comment the same thing. If you watch the video you can see two refs right near sprinkle and neither throw a flag. It came in from way in the back. That makes it obvious they were looking for a flag to throw. I can live with ever call, or no call, except this one.

one thing most people do not understand is that officials have keys on every play, and on pass plays your key may very well not be the players closest to you. Like I said the TE may have been his key on that play, but there is simply no way he could see it clearly enough to flag it. When they get their evaluation of this game from the SEC I can almost guarantee it will mention that call.

hogsanity

Quote from: Captain Morgan on October 17, 2016, 09:57:14 am

kick coverage is just horrible. If not for that old misses returner wearing extra wide shoes, that game is much different. 

RzRbAcK18

Quote from: hogsanity on October 17, 2016, 10:04:22 am
one thing most people do not understand is that officials have keys on every play, and on pass plays your key may very well not be the players closest to you. Like I said the TE may have been his key on that play, but there is simply no way he could see it clearly enough to flag it. When they get their evaluation of this game from the SEC I can almost guarantee it will mention that call.

I totally agree and I have done a little officiating before and I know that the ref in the back right is not going to be responsible for the TE. First of all, he is going to be mobile and they would not designate one ref to one player. If I am giving him the benefit of the doubt I would say he saw contact in his peripheral vision and through the flag. He was most likely responsible for his side of the field, including PI on receiver running on those hashes.

In the end, we won the game. WPS.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: SantaHog on October 17, 2016, 09:25:10 am

Even the booth thought that call was wrong.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"