Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oh Ye of Little Faith

Started by bphi11ips, October 16, 2016, 12:26:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgwash

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 16, 2016, 09:39:02 am
Huh?
Late night celebration affecting many Hogvillians reading comprehension this morning.
:)

jlhogfan

PonderinHog

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

atekido

Auburn is a lot better than Ole Miss.

wildhogman

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 16, 2016, 07:39:20 am
50 years of Heartbreak' s with this program gives you cause add losing to Rutgers , Toledo and such the past 10 years gives you a Pessimist view.
And 50 years of 'the massacre in the orange bowl in 78, miracle on markahm, and many other times should have taught you on any given Saturday we have a punchers chance.  And when the punch lands just right Oh BOY does that punch taste sweet. Last night was very sweet

searkhogfan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 16, 2016, 08:27:14 am
Yes it does. It was also an ignorant statement. Sort of like some of the stuff that was posted about Arkansas after the loss to Alabama. Like most teams that aren't Alabama, Arkansas and Ole Miss have some issues. That doesn't mean they are "not good."

Way too many pop off artists on this board. Good to see that there are so many you who can spot it and call it for what it is.

If you notice, Mike.  Most of them aren't here today. 

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

BrickTwnHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 16, 2016, 09:39:02 am
Huh?

Quoted the wrong post. Definitely long night of celebrating.  My bad buddy

gchamblee

I said at the beginning of the season that I thought we were a 10-2/9-3 team and I still feel confident in that prediction.

Atlhogfan1

We are past the best qbs on the schedule.  Now if we just dont lose anymore key players.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: searkhogfan on October 16, 2016, 10:11:28 am
If you notice, Mike.  Most of them aren't here today.
Oh, Mike, please respond to my post citing your name and please notice that I agree with everything you say all the time. Oh, Mike, please notice me !   Blah, Blah, Blah !
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 16, 2016, 10:12:49 am
Only on defense.

I think that a lot of it comes down to match-ups and this week is a different kind of match-up for the Hogs. Auburn runs the ball really well (268 p/gm), and passes efficiently when they pass (218 p/gm), 68% completions, 3 INT's.

Defensively they allow 147 yards rushing per game and another 200 in pass defense. We will have to run to keep Gus's offense off the field, believe it or not they have pretty good TOP unlike most of their teams.

This is a tough time to go to Auburn with 7 games in a row and no break and with Auburn having an open date to prepare for us. We will have to play very well and do some things that we haven't been doing.

Should be a great game.
Go Hogs Go!

Biggus Piggus

We could be a good team and lose at Auburn. It's the eight game in eight weeks. Their defense is strong, and they had a week to plot machinations. You know Gus has a thing for us.

I want the Hogs to kill them but would understand if it did not happen.
[CENSORED]!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: SpaHog1986 on October 16, 2016, 09:37:14 am
Can you not just enjoy a win?

Some people only know how to wallow in misery and/or negativity and strangly seem to enjoy it. Baffling to say the least.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Biggus Piggus

What Arkansas did against Ole Miss was a breakthrough for the defense. That was a strong improvement.
[CENSORED]!

I will be surprised to come home from Aubbie a winner.  I was surprised that we beat OM.  Any game we had put up so far this year would not have beat OM.  We played far better across the board last night.  OM likely is the best 3 game loser in the nation.  Had we lost, we likely could have said the same thing.  OM and us are about the same size team, meaning we could be rated one after the other in the ratings and it wouldn't be wrong.

Aubbie has a very good defense and the last time I saw highlights of them, their ignorant QB was coming along just fine.  Early this year, he was terrible, horrible, plus just plain bad.  If they play up to their potential and we do the same, it can come down to who gets the best breaks and guess who is at home.

Even had we lost last night, we at least looked like a team that had been trained to know how to play the game.  We tackled decent, opened up holes by using the o-line to our best advantage, only run the pull everyone in close so the entire defense can stack up 3 deep on the line and then run right into it offense once or twice last night, only had to call timeout a couple of times due to coaching errors, only had the coaches panic bad once on that 4th and 4 and damn it, it worked.  We even kicked the ball better last night.  Funny how good this group of players might be if only coached better.

Lake City Hog

Some really dumb comments from people that I have viewed as pretty smart! It is TOTALLY irrelevant how Auburn and Ole Miss stack up. What is relative is how do we match-up with Auburn.
Does our offense have 2 or 3 miss-matches that give us enough of an advantage to win the game? Does our Defense match-up well with their Offense?

Since their strength is running the ball can our D'Line hold them under 150 yards?
Kamryn Pettway, RB   505(yds)   91   5.55   64   4(TD)
Sean White, QB   52(yds)   38   1.37   20   1(TD)
Can we hold Sean White to under his norm?
Sean White, QB   1187(yds)   92   132   69.7%   8.99   48   6(TD)   2   12(sacks)   157.20
Can we control their receivers?
Tony Stevens, WR   408(yds)   24   17.00   48   3(TD)
Ryan Davis, WR   155(yds)   19   8.16   23   1(TD)

We average 39 ppg and they avg 32ppg.
Their scoring average is a bit skewed by scoring big on their lesser opponents. They have averaged only around 16 or so against their better opponents.
We have averaged around 32 or so against our better opponents.

popcornhog

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 16, 2016, 12:26:34 am
There's not a team left on our schedule better than Ole Miss.

Every game is winnable now and 10-2 is absolutely possible.

LSU and Auburn will be much tougher than I thought a couple of weeks ago, though.

State and Mizzou are hot garbage.

I have not watched UF, but from what I've read, they are coming along. I hate that we won't have Dre Greenlaw down the stretch, but we are in a position to have the best year we've had in a while.

I didn't think we'd pull off the upset against Ole Miss -- but we did it. And we did it the way that it needed to be done. It was one of the best atmospheres I've experienced in awhile, too.
WPS

DeltaBoy

We should beat GUS again.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 16, 2016, 08:42:53 pm
What Arkansas did against Ole Miss was a breakthrough for the defense. That was a strong improvement.
There were quite a few timely three and outs that I found encouraging.  Plus we knocked the crap out of some receivers and separated them from the ball.

Hogz87

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 16, 2016, 08:24:18 pm
I think that a lot of it comes down to match-ups and this week is a different kind of match-up for the Hogs. Auburn runs the ball really well (268 p/gm), and passes efficiently when they pass (218 p/gm), 68% completions, 3 INT's.

Defensively they allow 147 yards rushing per game and another 200 in pass defense. We will have to run to keep Gus's offense off the field, believe it or not they have pretty good TOP unlike most of their teams.

This is a tough time to go to Auburn with 7 games in a row and no break and with Auburn having an open date to prepare for us. We will have to play very well and do some things that we haven't been doing.

Should be a great game.
Yeah, at this moment, the Auburn game almost feels like a scheduled loss.  Auburn is coming together and playing really well, they're coming off a bye week, and we're about to go on the road and play our seventh straight game.

A loss wouldn't be a surprise or a disappointment.  This still has the potential to be an 8-9 win season which would exceed my preseason expectations.

hview

The razorbacks beat a very good team. There's not a team on the remaining schedule that will over power the Hogs. Everyone of these games is going to be a war. This coaching staff will have them ready. They'll need some luck and stay healthy to stand a chance to win them all. 

hobhog

Let's go!!!  🐗🐗🐗🐗

Why not get on a run? Win his weekend and Game On!

elksnort

Quote from: crayola99 on October 16, 2016, 01:23:38 am
Common sense?  Your example is the very reason why they are not a good team.  Good teams don't blow 24-3 leads.  Having talent does not automatically make a team good.  They lack leadership, chemistry, their qb is a headcase, etc.
but at least there are a good enough team to get that lead to begin with

jgphillips3

The toughest game we have left is Florida.  Alabama, Texas A&M and Ole Miss are all better than Auburn.  Auburn has a good D.  That's it.  Other than it being on the road, this is an extremely winnable game.  I can't believe people are acting like Auburn is anything other than mediocre right now.  Yes, they are no patsy and won't go down easy but WE are a significantly better team than they are.  If we play our game, we notch another road win.

Captain Morgan

Haters
Gonna
Hate
;D :razorback: ;D

searkhogfan

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 16, 2016, 08:14:26 pm
Oh, Mike, please respond to my post citing your name and please notice that I agree with everything you say all the time. Oh, Mike, please notice me !   Blah, Blah, Blah !

Oh excuse me. I didn't realize we weren't supposed to refer to media royalty by name.  I'll try to do better next time.   As for you, sorry you're butthurt over the win. And the fact Bobby P or Hootie aren't coming back.  Woo Pig   LMAO at you Old Crying Arse. 

longpig

Quote from: crayola99 on October 16, 2016, 12:49:54 am
Some of you guys are strange.  Why is it offensive for me to say Ole Miss isnt a good team?  Do you think if you admit that it takes away from our win tonight?

Had your estrogen levels checked lately?
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: Hogz87 on October 16, 2016, 09:37:47 pm
Yeah, at this moment, the Auburn game almost feels like a scheduled loss.  Auburn is coming together and playing really well, they're coming off a bye week, and we're about to go on the road and play our seventh straight game.

A loss wouldn't be a surprise or a disappointment.  This still has the potential to be an 8-9 win season which would exceed my preseason expectations.

Yeh but we've got the next best thing to coming off a bye week,  been home for two weeks and an L.R. paycheck game before that.  And if I'm not mistaken, UofA is on Fall break this week.   :razorback:
Don't be scared, be smart.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: searkhogfan on October 17, 2016, 06:02:12 am
Oh excuse me. I didn't realize we weren't supposed to refer to media royalty by name.  I'll try to do better next time.   As for you, sorry you're butthurt over the win. And the fact Bobby P or Hootie aren't coming back.  Woo Pig   LMAO at you Old Crying Arse.
hmmm..you are 50 and I am 55...I am older than you but you are no Spring Chicken either....casting stones in glass houses is just not prudent...but go ahead on

Pork Twain

I think we have on loss left in us this year, not sure who it will be to. 
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

searkhogfan

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 18, 2016, 06:39:27 am
hmmm..you are 50 and I am 55...I am older than you but you are no Spring Chicken either....casting stones in glass houses is just not prudent...but go ahead on

I may be old.  But I ain't Cryin.  Woo Pig

Aubbie didn't have an offense early in the year but it appears that now they do.  I think anyone selling them cheap will be very surprised.  They are real lucky they don't have 3 losses right now.  We will need a game similar to what it took to win against OM.  I think Auburn and Florida are both better than OM and by the time we see LSU, they likely will be better than OM too.  It is my guess that US, OM, Aub, Fla, LSU, and TN are all within a TD of each other.  A&M is a bit better and BAMA is the real deal.  So with an injury or 2, any bad luck and we could lose to Aub, Fla and LSU or give us a break or two, hold back the injuries and pray the coaching holds up and we could win all 3.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: searkhogfan on October 18, 2016, 04:06:41 pm

I may be old.  But I ain't Cryin.  Woo Pig
crying ? don't know where you get that, but oh well think as you please

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 16, 2016, 12:28:47 am
We can. But it is probably unlikely. IMO. But I expect us to win several of them.
i mean, we should have won 10 games last year. i think we'll hit 10 wins but need the bowl to do it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli