Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oh Ye of Little Faith

Started by bphi11ips, October 16, 2016, 12:26:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

There's not a team left on our schedule better than Ole Miss. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

PorkRinds

I don't believe we will win them all. But by god I think we could.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 16, 2016, 12:27:34 am
I don't believe we will win them all. But by god I think we could.

We can. But it is probably unlikely. IMO. But I expect us to win several of them.

crayola99

Ole Miss is 3-3.  Games won: Georgia(Lost to Vandy today), Wofford and Memphis.  Losses:  Bama, FSU and Hogs.  Ole Miss is not good.

Rayzback

Touchbacks, field goals, blocking, rushing, tackling, protecting the ball, etc, etc.  Great game!
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

ricepig

Quote from: crayola99 on October 16, 2016, 12:30:25 am
Ole Miss is 3-3.  Games won: Georgia(Lost to Vandy today), Wofford and Memphis.  Losses:  Bama, FSU and Hogs.  Ole Miss is not good.

And here we have it, "we haven't beaten anyone good", well it is Sunday.......

TeufelHog

Uhhhh, did you watch Auburn play against MissState?  Auburn defense is no joke and their offense has settled in nicely.  Auburn will be a very tough win at their house.

Dwillhog66

Here's to hoping we can prove the remaining 5 teams on the schedule are not any good as well! WPS

crayola99

Quote from: ricepig on October 16, 2016, 12:31:52 am
And here we have it, "we haven't beaten anyone good", well it is Sunday.......

I didn't say that.  I said Ole Miss isn't good.  Lots of talent, but a lot of headcases and a lack of leadership.  Any SEC win is a good win. My point is that the game at Auburn next week will be tougher.  I guess I should have stated it a little better.

WorfHog

Quote from: TeufelHog on October 16, 2016, 12:33:46 am
Uhhhh, did you watch Auburn play against MissState?  Auburn defense is no joke and their offense has settled in nicely.  Auburn will be a very tough win at their house.

Gus is a fraud and he hasn't played anyone good. Easy win for the Hogs on the road.

ricepig

Quote from: crayola99 on October 16, 2016, 12:35:56 am
I didn't say that.  I said Ole Miss isn't good.  Lots of talent, but a lot of headcases and a lack of leadership.  Any SEC win is a good win. My point is that the game at Auburn next week will be tougher.  I guess I should have stated it a little better.

Every game in the West is tough, it's not like they've beaten anyone, either.

bphi11ips

Where have you been all week with this bold opinion?

crayola99

Quote from: ricepig on October 16, 2016, 12:37:19 am
Every game in the West is tough, it's not like they've beaten anyone, either.

Auburn - Wins: A State, LSU, Miss State and ULM.  Losses: Aggies(29-13) and Clemson(19-13).  That is a much more impressive resume than Ole Miss.  Plus we play them at Auburn.  It will be a much tougher game.

crayola99

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 16, 2016, 12:37:40 am
Where have you been all week with this bold opinion?

What did I say that wasn't factual?  Look at their resume.  Is that the resume of a good team?

zumhog

Quote from: crayola99 on October 16, 2016, 12:35:56 am
You guess you should have stated it better? Well you didnt even mention it, so.....

crayola99

Quote from: zumhog on October 16, 2016, 12:43:30 am
You guess you should have stated it better? Well you didnt even mention it, so.....
Yeah. I thought of that after i posted and was too lazy to change it.  My point I was trying to get to is that there are better teams than Ole Miss left on the schedule

crayola99

Quote from: King Kong on October 16, 2016, 12:45:49 am
What's your theme song...."if I only had a brain?"
Some of you guys are strange.  Why is it offensive for me to say Ole Miss isnt a good team?  Do you think if you admit that it takes away from our win tonight?

Dwillhog66

Quote from: crayola99 on October 16, 2016, 12:47:22 am
Yeah. I thought of that after i posted and was too lazy to change it.  My point I was trying to get to is that there are better teams than Ole Miss left on the schedule

You don't know that. You're stating it like it's fact. OM may beat Aub, LSU, etc.
You r giving your opinions but stating it like it's fact.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: crayola99 on October 16, 2016, 12:47:22 am
The next game at Auburn won't be close unless the officials let it become close.

I'm in the objective state of mind of a 41-24 type of score that Arkansas controls the game and mutes the crowd in Auburn.

crayola99

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on October 16, 2016, 12:51:30 am
You don't know that. You're stating it like it's fact. OM may beat Aub, LSU, etc.
You r giving your opinions but stating it like it's fact.

You are the one assuming.  I stated their records and performance year to date.  Going by that, Auburn is a better team.  And we play them at Auburn.  How can you say that this game is not tougher?

Dwillhog66

Quote from: crayola99 on October 16, 2016, 12:54:27 am
You are the one assuming.  I stated their records and performance year to date.  Going by that, Auburn is a better team.  And we play them at Auburn.  How can you say that this game is not tougher?

Because IMO OM is much better than Aub.
See how it's done. Opinions

zumhog

Ole Miss is a decent team. They just cant seem to put it togather for 4 quarters. Kinda like the hogs.

crayola99

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on October 16, 2016, 12:56:18 am
Because IMO OM is much better than Aub.
See how it's done. Opinions

Yes, opinions.  Those pesky things that are the sole reason Hogville exists.  At least I provided actual data to back up my opinion.  I'd like to hear your argument as to why Ole Miss is better.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: crayola99 on October 16, 2016, 12:49:54 am
Some of you guys are strange.  Why is it offensive for me to say Ole Miss isnt a good team?  Do you think if you admit that it takes away from our win tonight?

At one point they were up 24-3 on Bama. It lacks common sense to say they aren't a good team

crayola99

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 16, 2016, 01:18:15 am
At one point they were up 24-3 on Bama. It lacks common sense to say they aren't a good team

Common sense?  Your example is the very reason why they are not a good team.  Good teams don't blow 24-3 leads.  Having talent does not automatically make a team good.  They lack leadership, chemistry, their qb is a headcase, etc.

bphi11ips

Quote from: crayola99 on October 16, 2016, 01:03:08 am
Yes, opinions.  Those pesky things that are the sole reason Hogville exists.  At least I provided actual data to back up my opinion.  I'd like to hear your argument as to why Ole Miss is better.

It's sort of like Bret Bielema's comment about Ole Miss and Auburn having open dates prior to their games with us.  He doesn't make the schedules.  He just plays the cards he's dealt. 

Ole Miss has lost to the best team in the country according to virtually everyone.  By 5 points. How would you attack the Crimson Tide?  They lost at presason number 4 Florida State. Of course they aren't usually very good. And they lost tonight on the road to a team whose only two losses are to unbeaten teams.

Auburn's signature win was at home against a dysfunctional team who fired their long-time coach the next day.  The same team we've beaten the last two years.  They beat an SEC team that lost to Alabama - South Alabama.  And of course they beat mighty Arkansas State and ULM.

You've run Arkansas down a bit this week, being a realist, of course, but I didn't see where you honestly predicted that Ole Miss is not a good team and that we'd win.

I predicted a few things in the preseason, including that Arkansas would finish 10-2 and lose at Auburn.  Not because Auburn is great, but hecause of where they fall on the schedule on the road.  I didn't say we'll win out, but I don't believe we'll face a better team than Ole Miss.  As of this morning the pollsters who get paid to pay attention agreed with me.

crayola99

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 16, 2016, 01:30:20 am
It's sort of like Bret Bielema's comment about Ole Miss and Auburn having open dates prior to their games with us.  He doesn't make the schedules.  He just plays the cards he's dealt. 

Ole Miss has lost to the best team in the country according to virtually everyone.  By 5 points. How would you attack the Crimson Tide?  They lost at presason number 4 Florida State. Of course they aren't usually very good. And they lost tonight on the road to a team whose only two losses are to unbeaten teams.

Auburn's signature win was at home against a dysfunctional team who fired their long-time coach the next day.  The same team we've beaten the last two years.  They beat an SEC team that lost to Alabama - South Alabama.  And of course they beat mighty Arkansas State and ULM.

You've run Arkansas down a bit this week, being a realist, of course, but I didn't see where you honestly predicted that Ole Miss is not a good team and that we'd win.

I predicted a few things in the preseason, including that Arkansas would finish 10-2 and lose at Auburn.  Not because Auburn is great, but hecause of where they fall on the schedule on the road.  I didn't say we'll win out, but I don't believe we'll face a better team than Ole Miss.  As of this morning the pollsters who get paid to pay attention agreed with me.
You can try to downplay what Auburn has done this season vs Ole Miss, but you can't deny their resume is better as of today.  Auburns only losses are to undefeated top 5 opponents. And their best win is arguably better than Ole Miss.   And the pollsters will agree tomorrow morning that Auburn is a better team.

I will agree that I have been a little hard on the coaching staff.  But I believe it is deserved.

I never made any prediction because I wasnt on here all week. I dont understand how that invalidates my opinion now?

Dwillhog66

Quote from: crayola99 on October 16, 2016, 01:03:08 am

Because of Kelly. He's a difference maker and Auburn doesn't have anything close to his level. When we play auburn we will have the best playmaker on the field with AA.
The data you speak of proves absolutely nothing IMO. It's like saying La Tech would beat OM because we only beat them by 1 and OM by 4.

Atlhogfan1

Didn't think the D would hold up.  Great halftime adjustments.  Thought the Hogs would score about what we did but believed OM would get well into the 40s.  OM's softness cannot be understated.  It has affected their defense.  Womack was doing his typical guessing with his blitzes.  Being able to finally run and maintain possession and field position in the 2nd half helped limit them. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Boarsnest

Have you watched State play any one else? They are terrible!!!

Going to be a tough game for us for sure but I wouldn't use State as an indication of how good Auburn is!

davglo35

Wasn't long ago that the talking heads were calling ole piss the best 2 loss team in the country. At the time i agreed after watching them lose to Bama. They have a lot of talent but they can't run the ball and lack leadership. Their defense is def not the land shark defense they had with P. Willis and company. Kelley is good but he panics under duress and his accuracy suffers. Their recievers dropped some passes and our secondary played fairly well. We beat them and we are the better team. Defense stepped up on their last drive and our offense drove it down and scored with our backs to the wall.

Iwastherein1969

Admittedly I was a part of the "little faith" crowd....what I underestimated was the quarterback and what type competitor he is...we could lose to AU, but I see us winning the other games...I'm glad I was wrong about the game Saturday night, it seriously brightened my day to see Hugh Freeze lose another game to Arkansas all the while the NCAA wolves are knocking at the Black Bears door with plenty of sanctions....Ole Miss will not reach these types of heights again for quite some time
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HogBreath

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 16, 2016, 05:37:28 am
Admittedly I was a part of the "little faith" crowd....
As usual, you are so slow to catch on...sheeze Louise!!
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Pigasaurus

Quote from: crayola99 on October 16, 2016, 12:41:06 am
Auburn - Wins: A State, LSU, Miss State and ULM.  Losses: Aggies(29-13) and Clemson(19-13).  That is a much more impressive resume than Ole Miss.  Plus we play them at Auburn.  It will be a much tougher game.

I could see us losing this and winning everything else.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

runninhog

I like our chances in every game remaining. None are easy, and while I suspect we may drop one somewhere along the way, I'm proud of how our team keeps fighting and keeps improving.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 16, 2016, 12:26:34 am
50 years of Heartbreak' s with this program gives you cause add losing to Rutgers , Toledo and such the past 10 years gives you a Pessimist view.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Is ole miss better than auburn?
Not sure but they did damn near beat Alabama and scored 43.

bigred223

You mean the Mississippi state that lost to south Alabama and byu? Also struggled to beat umass? Yeah, big deal. Auburn will be tough, but lets not act like that win was surprising or all that impressive.

incHOGnito

Yep. If we can get past Auburn on the road, I will start to feel like we can win out. The good news is that no one has stopped us offensively all season.maybe we can outscore Auburn.

Hoggish1

Uh huh, now Olepiss is not good.  Hilarious.

Hoggish1

No, you are the strange one.  I guess you meant to say they were the worst No. 12 team out there, didn't you?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: crayola99 on October 16, 2016, 01:23:38 am
Common sense?  Your example is the very reason why they are not a good team.  Good teams don't blow 24-3 leads.  Having talent does not automatically make a team good.  They lack leadership, chemistry, their qb is a headcase, etc.

I don't think you understand how hard it is to do what they did to Bama. UT just had 41 yards in the first half against them. Maybe you are just ignorant of how good they are

tophawg19

ole miss is better than Auburn . but that isn't our worry . Our issue is for that one game are they better than the hogs? anyone on the schedule can have that one great game . And Auburn comes in well rested . Several have the talent to beat us but do they have the team concept or are  they just a jumbled up mess of highly recruited players ?. Auburn and LSU have out recruited us , but then so has ole miss but they couldn't make it translate to the field . Our kids are recruited to fit a system not just because they have stars by their name . we want to get you in a hogfight and chew you up by being physical . A lot of teams don't like that and want no part of it as do some of these top recruits
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Mike Irwin

Some of you guys are strange.  Why is it offensive for me to say Ole Miss isnt a good team? Do you think if you admit that it takes away from our win tonight?
Yes it does. It was also an ignorant statement. Sort of like some of the stuff that was posted about Arkansas after the loss to Alabama. Like most teams that aren't Alabama, Arkansas and Ole Miss have some issues. That doesn't mean they are "not good."

Way too many pop off artists on this board. Good to see that there are so many you who can spot it and call it for what it is.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 16, 2016, 08:27:14 am
Yes it does. It was also an ignorant statement. Sort of like some of the stuff that was posted about Arkansas after the loss to Alabama. Like most teams that aren't Alabama, Arkansas and Ole Miss have some issues. That doesn't mean they are "not good."

Way too many pop off artists on this board. Good to see that there are so many you who can spot it and call it for what it is.

Love the phrase.. pop off artist.. I'll be able to use it a lot on this board...

Pig In The City

Both Florida and LSU are improving.  But I think we can win out with a little luck and some improvement in our blocking.  I was proud of our secondary last night.  They played gutsy.  Now, we need to work on our DEs containing on the run and we don't need to call a spy if that LB can't catch them anyway.  C'mon man!

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on October 16, 2016, 07:50:18 am
Is ole miss better than auburn?
Not sure but they did damn near beat Alabama and scored 43.

Well, since they play each other this season, we'll get to find out, just like all the  SECw teams.

Medic821

ALL of a sudden Ole Myth is not that good when the Hogs beat them..Knew that was coming...

BrickTwnHog

Can you not just enjoy a win?

bphi11ips