Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Coley's ejection be reviewed by the SEC?

Started by hogz11, October 15, 2016, 11:22:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkSoda

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 19, 2016, 06:38:03 pm
He led with the helmet, though appears to have missed with the helmet (debatable), which resulted in leading with the shoulder.  But he hit him in the head and/or neck area.

Combine that with the WR being defenseless and it's targeting.

It's that simple.

I think it's too protective of a rule, but there is no doubt this is a penalty under the current rules
I'm not sure how we can all watch the same clip and see different things.  there was ZERO helmet contact.  he lead with his shoulder and hit the guy in the chest.

if he had hit the helmet, the guys head would have snapped back instead of forward.  its simple physics.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Atlhogfan1

I get the penalty.  I get why the leagues are holding up the targeting calls.

What I have an issue with:

the wording of the rule - need to define "head and neck area"

the statement "his head snapped back"  - it did but so what?  hard hits will do that

statements about him leading with his helmet

statements he hit him in the head or neck area - this is apparently extremely subjective

The A&M hit was egregious.  This one wasn't.  But the officials and league are going to protect themselves. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 19, 2016, 07:25:28 pm
I'm not sure how we can all watch the same clip and see different things.  there was ZERO helmet contact.  he lead with his shoulder and hit the guy in the chest.

if he had hit the helmet, the guys head would have snapped back instead of forward.  its simple physics.

Yep, it's amazing how we can watch the same video and completely disgree.  Not just you and me, but the officials, announcers, and other hog fans.  But I haven't seen a non-Hog fan say it wasn't targeting.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Think about this:

In the world of football, pansy is the new normal.

Just great.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hog.goblin

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on October 19, 2016, 08:48:24 pm
Think about this:

In the world of football, pansy is the new normal.

Just great.

Difficult to argue with that

lasthog

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 19, 2016, 07:25:28 pm

Not according to the Warren Commission's explanation of the Zapruder video.

rude1

The problem is he is getting there two steps late and not letting up until the last possible second. I mean the ball has been picked off by the time he arrives and the player he is looking to take out is in no position to make a play, this is why it was called and why CBB says he agrees with it. Has to learn to think quicker and call it off quicker rather than trying to avoid it after your right in the players face. I think too often many look for helmet to helmet contact before thinking it's targeting, when the reality it's "forcible contact to a defenseless player that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball."

PonderinHog

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 19, 2016, 08:38:12 pm
Yep, it's amazing how we can watch the same video and completely disgree.  Not just you and me, but the officials, announcers, and other hog fans.  But I haven't seen a non-Hog fan say it wasn't targeting.
He comes at you so fast, it just messes you up.

HogNuttz

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 19, 2016, 11:46:36 pm
He comes at you so fast, it just messes you up.

Those players were really flying around out there Chuck.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.