Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE REFS TRIED TO STOP US BUT FAILED!!!!

Started by synthartist69, October 15, 2016, 09:58:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

Quote from: pigasaurus on October 15, 2016, 10:24:26 pm
Ole Miss player threw his head back as he was going down. 

Right!

You could see he put his hand to his face and pulled his head back as he fell.  IT was a very poor fake job that only Curles would recognize.

lumphog

Quote from: supersaint on October 15, 2016, 10:37:02 pm
When yo watch the replays of the 4th and 16 play, watch the LT tackle Beanum by his neck. Pretty blatant hold.
Noticed it right off.....their tackles held all night!!!!

synthartist69

I saw the face mask on hatcher and several others. The call against Skipper was BS..

synthartist69

Quote from: hogpc on October 15, 2016, 10:42:19 pm
I agree 100% - the three you mention were the correct call but the PI on Sprinkle was BS and they did miss what looked like a facemask against Hatcher (I think).
EXACTLY

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: root_hawg on October 15, 2016, 10:06:42 pm
The offsides they showed and it was clear .... the targeting was for the head to head contact.... on the punt he did touch it but had already broken the plane of the goal line ... now some of the others ... yep missed a few...  sorry but those three were correct

It wasn't head to head.  It was shoulder to shoulder.  And I disagree with others the wr was defenseless.  He took two steps after the int was made and it was a block.  But it is how games are being called.  Penalty I don't agree but okay.  Ejection was bull.  I think offenses are being let off for leading their receivers into these situations now.  Don't want your wr hit, don't throw that pass to where he is led into a safety.

The DB lining up offsides was close.  Rarely ever see it called.

A play I was curious about in the second half was what I thought was grounding by Kelly on 3rd down.  Not sure if he was in endzone to have made it a safety.  But he was inside the tackles and I didn't see a receiver anywhere in the picture. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HawgnCorona

I think SOME of the officials need to get better at what they do...because they missed calls and made some bad calls on BOTH sides. We need to continue play thru those calls made against us and make plays to turn the game to your favor...

Coley just missed his pick 6...That too could have changed to the game too...

Better yet when do we STOP PLAYING THE VICTIM role. That is to not the way to go.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

RazorChuck

The offsides they showed and it was clear .... the targeting was for the head to head contact.... on the punt he did touch it but had already broken the plane of the goal line ... now some of the others ... yep missed a few...  sorry but those three were correct
The targeting was incorrect!
What game were you watching?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

go hogues

There was a head to head hit out of bounds on OM they didn't call, as well as the roughing of Allen after he took a knee to close it. Per usual, they were doing everything they could to keep us out of it. BUT we beat the refs and that crooked OM program on the scoreboard! WPS
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

root_hawg

Quote from: RazorChuck on October 16, 2016, 07:10:59 am
The targeting was incorrect!
What game were you watching?

Helmet hit his facemask about the same time as shoulder hit the chest, have a buddy who officiates Big 12 games, called him and he looked at it and said well he wont play next week in the first half.  Can't go high on a defenseless player, got to lower your pad level and hit him right in the gut.  They will call that play 99 times out of 100.

CaddoHog

tbh, the refs try to stop us in about 1/2 of our games...

and about 1/2 of those times, they do!
smh  >:(
-    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -

CaddoHog:  the most hated member on Hogville.net
(for the reasons of _______________________ )

Mike_e

Quote from: root_hawg on October 16, 2016, 07:55:45 am

Helmet hit his facemask about the same time as shoulder hit the chest, have a buddy who officiates Big 12 games, called him and he looked at it and said well he wont play next week in the first half.  Can't go high on a defenseless player, got to lower your pad level and hit him right in the gut.  They will call that play 99 times out of 100.

Sorry but this.

The targeting rule is not going away so players are just going too have to learn that they cannot go that high while tackling.

I don't even want it to go away,  i love the game but life- a long full clearheaded life- is far more important.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: S.A.D.C on October 15, 2016, 11:19:09 pm
Does anyone else appreciate the irony of one of our CBs being called for offsides!?  Al

I get exactly what you're saying and I'll take it.
This is my non-signature signature.

Lanny

Quote from: ronmahony on October 15, 2016, 10:39:15 pm
Right after that bogus targeting call, the ol sis player tackled Austin with both hands around his helmet-face mask. Now that looked a whole more like targeting to me.
Yep, saw that one.  I was not impressed with  the officiating crew last night
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Pig In The City

The only blatant call was against Sprinkle.  I did think the facemask on Allen should have gotten that player kicked out.  If you watch the video, he never releases the mask and even adds additional force to turn it once Allen was down. 

bcdeputy

The unbelievably bad officiating isn't something new fellas, and ladies.  It's been this way for years.  SEC Refs believe they should determine the outcome of almost every game.  Every crew they have makes high school calls almost every game.  SEC football and basketball refs are truly pathetic

hogpc

Quote from: synthartist69 on October 15, 2016, 09:58:23 pm
THE REFS finally couldn't dictate the outcome of this game for once!!! So many no calls and bad calls it was pathetic... like the last game and Texas A&M..
Of course they could have, just a few phantom holding calls on our winning drive and we lose.  Or maybe some phantom calls on the Rebs final drive to keep them going. The refs most definitely could have swayed the outcome against us - but they didn't!  No need to be such a whiner - grow a set and get over the refs, you'll enjoy the games a lot more!

Were there some bad calls? Definitely. Were there some no calls? Yes.  Were/are the refs out to get us? No.

sigpooie

Quote from: S.A.D.C on October 15, 2016, 11:19:09 pm
Does anyone else appreciate the irony of one of our CBs being called for offsides!?  Al
Nailed it.. post of the day.. hahahaha
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Pecos Hog

When yo watch the replays of the 4th and 16 play, watch the LT tackle Beanum by his neck. Pretty blatant hold.

That was blatant holding - and where was the call?!    He had Beanum in a choke hold!

hogcard1964

Quote from: SemperFi on October 15, 2016, 10:31:40 pm
I'm pretty sure that the UA can appeal to the SEC to have that hit reviewed and the decision reversed. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure that I've seen/heard of that happening in the recent past.

Yes, this happened to Michigan this year and it was later reversed. 

This will be reviewed and reversed.   Hopefully this forces this will also force the NCAA to reexamine this BS rule and finally scrap it.

Pecos Hog

The SEC really needs to review Marc Curles.

Matt Burks

[quote author=Atlhogfan1 link=topic=619310.msg10497915#msg10497915 date=1476601131
A play I was curious about in the second half was what I thought was grounding by Kelly on 3rd down.  Not sure if he was in endzone to have made it a safety.  But he was inside the tackles and I didn't see a receiver anywhere in the picture. 
[/quote]
I also still question why that wasn't intentional grounding.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Matt Burks on October 16, 2016, 10:07:24 am
[quote author=Atlhogfan1 link=topic=619310.msg10497915#msg10497915 date=1476601131

I also still question why that wasn't intentional grounding.

There was a receiver back there that fell a bit further downfield.

Matt Burks

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 16, 2016, 10:10:36 am
There was a receiver back there that fell a bit further downfield.
Thanks. I didn't  see that on tv.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Matt Burks on October 16, 2016, 10:12:27 am
Thanks. I didn't  see that on tv.

I didn't either but that was the explanationn on XMRadio.

gmarv

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 15, 2016, 11:34:15 pm
yeah, that was a catch. he tucked it away and took another full stride. If it had been us they definitely would have called that a fumble.
the interesting thing about this play was there was no review ???

BallHog1

Quote from: hawgfan4life on October 15, 2016, 10:22:32 pm
Tip of ball was barely touching the white line on the field and the black line was through the white line.  In other words only the toes of the DB was in the neutral zone against a WR lined up deep off of LOS..  I wouldn't have an issue with the call of the DT on the same side for Ole Miss hadn't lined up farther in the neutral zone all night. 

I have watched two other games and listened to the official in the booth explain why the same thing wasn't targeting and player wasn't ejected.  Refs are very inconsistent and subjective in their interpretation of the rule.
This, they're tackle was further offside on the next series than our corner.

sigpooie

For those who want real proof Marc is a closet bama fan married to a Aub fan working for an investment group where his wife is a sales person and he's in the back office handling accounts for her and other bama fans working in Alabama. Here is how he gets paid in cash. And hell yes he hates us.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

carolinahogger

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 16, 2016, 09:50:18 am

This will be reviewed and reversed.   Hopefully this forces this will also force the NCAA to reexamine this BS rule and finally scrap it.

May be reviewed.  Won't be reversed.  Rule won't be scrapped.

GS99

Quote from: sigpooie on October 16, 2016, 10:36:30 am
For those who want real proof Marc is a closet bama fan married to a Aub fan working for an investment group where his wife is a sales person and he's in the back office handling accounts for her and other bama fans working in Alabama. Here is how he gets paid in cash. And hell yes he hates us.
If he's a bama fan, wouldn't he be conspiring against Ole Miss? They're more of a rival and a thorn in bama's side than we are.

sigpooie

October 16, 2016, 11:04:06 am #80 Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:14:38 am by sigpooie
IF?????? look the guy up. he's a pay guy.. but it's harder to tell if he's bama or aub fan these days. His client base and friend base seem to be a mix of both. But I'm pretty sure he's a cash fan too.

Danny J

Quote from: bcdeputy on October 16, 2016, 09:06:09 am
The unbelievably bad officiating isn't something new fellas, and ladies.  It's been this way for years.  SEC Refs believe they should determine the outcome of almost every game.  Every crew they have makes high school calls almost every game.  SEC football and basketball refs are truly pathetic
Since football started or basketball or whatever. The only difference now is super slow motion HD cameras and HD TV's with super fast refresh rates and networks with literally dozens if not hundreds of cameras at these games.

fishes2000

looked like there was a face mask on Hatcher on one of those catches late in the fourth quarter. Never was called.

The Kig

Correct, on all accounts.

While I don't think the ejection was warranted, there was contact.  There were some Curles level terrible calls...as always.
Poker Porker

Hawgphish

the Sprinkle pass interference call was a complete fabrication. 

flynhog

Would someone post a link of Sprinkle's pass interference play?  Thanks.
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hawgphish on October 16, 2016, 12:32:33 pm
the Sprinkle pass interference call was a complete fabrication.

With what DBs get away with in this league especially.  He didn't initiate contact either and it had no affect on play. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

rzrbackramsfan

We were hosed the entire game by the refs except that critical offsides at the end that was called a false start ;D

ronmahony

Man I am watching the game again, the refs just flat screwed us. I have been watching the black line on almost every down, and it's usually a foot or more away from the ball. That crap they came up with after the time out us exactly that, crap. Shows him standing on the edge of the line, doesn't show where the ball is at all. That is about as lame as anything I have ever seen. The more I watch that hit by Coley the more I honk it was a good hit. Shoulder pad to shoulder pad. Bad that player should have been ejected for face masking Allen with both hands.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

PonderinHog

Quote from: hogpc on October 16, 2016, 09:23:46 am
Of course they could have, just a few phantom holding calls on our winning drive and we lose.  Or maybe some phantom calls on the Rebs final drive to keep them going. The refs most definitely could have swayed the outcome against us - but they didn't!  No need to be such a whiner - grow a set and get over the refs, you'll enjoy the games a lot more!

Were there some bad calls? Definitely. Were there some no calls? Yes.  Were/are the refs out to get us? No.
This conspiracy thing - you're doing it wrong.   >:(  This is your first and final warning.

Youngsta71701

I'm usually not a big believer in the conspiracy thing or the Refs not giving us any calls thing. But I'm seriously starting to rethink that. Seem like we're the only team in the SEC that don't get the close calls at home. We only get the obvious ones. And sometimes we don't even get those. Maybe the officials just don't have any respect for Lil Ole Arkansas. Maybe it's time we went out and just throttled teams to where the refereeing don't even matter. Maybe that will earn their respect.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

bcdeputy

Quote from: Danny J on October 16, 2016, 11:08:38 am
Since football started or basketball or whatever. The only difference now is super slow motion HD cameras and HD TV's with super fast refresh rates and networks with literally dozens if not hundreds of cameras at these games.

the fancy equipment doesn't seem to be making much of a difference has it?  Officiating is still horrible

IMABIELEMA

Fans who blame the refs for Arkansas sucking are the worst.  If you are good enough you don't have to rely on refs.

AlmaHog2011

Oh my..I watched that play and it was right in front of Kelly and the ref was looking right at it. He neck tied our DE and rode his back to the ground one of the worst cases of holding you can easily see. Man there is no way that official didn't see that hold! This BS is getting old.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on October 16, 2016, 07:22:27 pm
Fans who blame the refs for Arkansas sucking are the worst.  If you are good enough you don't have to rely on refs.
[/quot

Ir if you get those calls you can make dumb ass comment on something that has nothing to do with you or your bought team. Go away troll!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 16, 2016, 02:41:24 pm
We were hosed the entire game by the refs except that critical offsides at the end that was called a false start ;D

The guard moved on that play. After that Wise jumped and the tackle jumped but that was all caused by the right guards movement.

lumphog

The TRUTH will set you free

Ugly Uncle

If you are good enough to overcome the refs it doesn't make a difference.  But if two teams are evenly matched a fairly called game is very important.  One call can make all the difference in the world.  If you are only slightly better than the team you are playing and you get calls against you it can kill you.  Arkansas is not "good enough" to overcome bad officiating.  Not in the SECW.  So, it is a rather unintelligent statement to say we are making excuses for Arkansas "sucking." 

Retired Radio Host

HardCore

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on October 17, 2016, 01:00:10 am
If you are good enough to overcome the refs it doesn't make a difference.  But if two teams are evenly matched a fairly called game is very important.  One call can make all the difference in the world.  If you are only slightly better than the team you are playing and you get calls against you it can kill you.  Arkansas is not "good enough" to overcome bad officiating.  Not in the SECW.  So, it is a rather unintelligent statement to say we are making excuses for Arkansas "sucking." 

Correct.  If one team is consistently having to overcome 1st and 20 or 2nd and 20, when the opposing team does not......makes it a little difficult and provides an unfair advantage.  So, the old adage that great teams can overcome poor officiating is a farce.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

longpig

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on October 17, 2016, 01:00:10 am

So, the shoe fits?
Don't be scared, be smart.