Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE REFS TRIED TO STOP US BUT FAILED!!!!

Started by synthartist69, October 15, 2016, 09:58:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

No wonder they got so much pressure. And check out the one with the DB offside too.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

You see all that + look at how close the call on Dean was +

YOU HAVE NO DOUBT

how one-sided the officiating was.

The win was enjoyable, but I don't know if I can take the stress anymore of watching Arkansas get ass-blasted by SEC refs.
[CENSORED]!

Oklahawg

Typically, you lose those calls on the road, and get those calls at home. And, whomever is the Cinderella Story + Bama gets a boost across the board.

On one hand, the game is too fast for refs to have a lot of opportunity to think to themselves, "screw job coming!"

On the other hand, there are plenty of moments where they have a moment to think and throw the flag late. Dangerous when it benefits the road team but never hurtful when it helps the home team. Several chances for that last Saturday. And, when it is a LOS infraction you have several seconds to ponder what you are going to do.

Refs hear a crowd (which makes them being so pro-OM so incredible) and respond to that.

If there is a need for an additional argument against the HUNH folks it is that the refs are not able to contemplate calls, reposition, catch their breath, etc. The targeting rule should probably evolve further - since we review every play (if there is time, and that is what I'm referring to with the previous sentence) we should let the review determine ejections. Let the blanket rule be a "personal foul" penalty and then the replay takes over. Or, even, let the league review all personal foul calls the next Monday and issue potential suspensions after-the-fact (which will chap fans when the opposing team keeps a great player who commits a flagrant foul). Of course, that means if you follow-up playing Bama with playing Panhandle State...the Bama players are going to be fair game.

Hard to see how an extra official can help the calls affected by the speed of the game. I do get the need for an additional official so that the playing field is covered.

And, I would assume that the Curles crew is the #2 crew if they keep calling the #2 game each week. Unthinkable - imagine how bad the #7 crew might be?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Biggus Piggus

We play slow. Ole Miss had all day to line up. They lined up offsides over and over. FFS.
[CENSORED]!

hogpc

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on October 16, 2016, 07:53:28 pm
The guard moved on that play. After that Wise jumped and the tackle jumped but that was all caused by the right guards movement.
Sorry dude, the guard did not move.  I went back and looked at it on my 72 HD screen in slow mo numerous times - that call should have most definitely went against AR. There were numerous bad calls/no calls in that game - but they went both ways.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

rljjr

Quote from: hogpc on October 17, 2016, 07:26:06 pm
Sorry dude, the guard did not move.  I went back and looked at it on my 72 HD screen in slow mo numerous times - that call should have most definitely went against AR. There were numerous bad calls/no calls in that game - but they went both ways.

Well he flinched, so you need a bigger tv.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: jbcarol on October 18, 2016, 08:54:32 am
https://twitter.com/SpiritBen/status/787486423389724672
The right guard tapped the center signaling for him to snap the ball. The right tackle flinched. Deatrich Wise moved. Then the right tackle came out of his stance. The false start was on the right tackle for flinching first.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"