Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE REFS TRIED TO STOP US BUT FAILED!!!!

Started by synthartist69, October 15, 2016, 09:58:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

THE REFS finally couldn't dictate the outcome of this game for once!!! So many no calls and bad calls it was pathetic... like the last game and Texas A&M..

Soooie21

mountainhog

Obvious face mask on the hatcher catch, and what the punt and ole miss player touched the ball??

oldbear

The saddest part is that Coley has to sit the first half of Auburn for blocking for an interception and making contact to the chest. Add in the Phantom pass interference and the rather ridiculous offsides call. That was crazy.

mckinneyhog5

They failed to g8ve the game to Ole Piss...thus they're failures. Some crooked.darn.tonigbt especially that ejection. Pure bs
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

WorfHog

Curles needs to be shown the door. He's a high school ref at best.

root_hawg

The offsides they showed and it was clear .... the targeting was for the head to head contact.... on the punt he did touch it but had already broken the plane of the goal line ... now some of the others ... yep missed a few...  sorry but those three were correct

BDSCT51

Quote from: Lanny on October 15, 2016, 10:04:32 pm
Poorly called game

Being way too generous here Big L! It was worse than poor!
Bleeding Razorback Red

Torqued pork

Quote from: root_hawg on October 15, 2016, 10:06:42 pm
The offsides they showed and it was clear .... the targeting was for the head to head contact.... on the punt he did touch it but had already broken the plane of the goal line ... now some of the others ... yep missed a few...  sorry but those three were correct
It wasn't head to head

DeltaHog66

The targeting call was a joke.  I thought the 3rd down pass that was knocked out by santos was a fumble. Just my opinion.

hawgfan4life

Tip of ball was barely touching the white line on the field and the black line was through the white line.  In other words only the toes of the DB was in the neutral zone against a WR lined up deep off of LOS..  I wouldn't have an issue with the call of the DT on the same side for Ole Miss hadn't lined up farther in the neutral zone all night. 

I have watched two other games and listened to the official in the booth explain why the same thing wasn't targeting and player wasn't ejected.  Refs are very inconsistent and subjective in their interpretation of the rule.

Pigasaurus

Quote from: Torqued pork on October 15, 2016, 10:11:49 pm
It wasn't head to head

Ole Miss player threw his head back as he was going down. 
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

oldbear

There was no head contact on the targeting. Only looked that way from the view from behind the siss player. The offsides literally never gets called in that position. You can't Judge by the computer generated line. No human could possibly defend the pass interference on Sprinkle. It doesn't come close to the definition. The touch back was simple and correct.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Torqued pork on October 15, 2016, 10:11:49 pm
It wasn't head to head

It doesn't have to be anymore.

I don't agree with 80% of the targeting calls I see, Hogs involved or not. Sometimes it's incidental, sometimes it looks to me like the receiver is trying to get his helmet in the way and draw the call.

davglo35

Curles makes me wanna puke! He is the worst in the college game! Total dufus.

SemperFi

I'm pretty sure that the UA can appeal to the SEC to have that hit reviewed and the decision reversed. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure that I've seen/heard of that happening in the recent past.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hview

They need to look at that targeting rule. Some of you might have seen the play differently, but I didn't agree with the ejection.

alohawg

Quote from: davglo35 on October 15, 2016, 10:31:19 pm
Curles makes me wanna puke! He is the worst in the college game! Total dufus.

Or he's the best if you're on the paying end...
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

RzRbAcK18

Funny side note, all the Gameday yackarses picked us to lose, and lose easily. Suck it.

Calling All Hogs

If we are providing State Trooper protection for Curles at the games we need to stop.

supersaint

When yo watch the replays of the 4th and 16 play, watch the LT tackle Beanum by his neck. Pretty blatant hold.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

root_hawg

Head hit the face mask, guarantee when they appeal it to the SEC office, it will get upheld.

ronmahony

Right after that bogus targeting call, the ol sis player tackled Austin with both hands around his helmet-face mask. Now that looked a whole more like targeting to me.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

root_hawg

Arkansas Fan

The false start penalty on Ole Miss looked like it should've been offsides on us. If that was the case, Kelly might've picked up the first down.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on October 15, 2016, 10:40:21 pm
The false start penalty on Ole Miss looked like it should've been offsides on us. If that was the case, Kelly might've picked up the first down.

I went back and watched that play from the beginning.  That tackle flinched his shoulder which caused wise to jump then he responded to Wise.  The tackle did flinch first.
Retired Radio Host

ricepig

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on October 15, 2016, 10:40:21 pm

He still fumbled backwards, or he might have been sacked, or thrown a pick, or.....

hogpc

I agree 100% - the three you mention were the correct call but the PI on Sprinkle was BS and they did miss what looked like a facemask against Hatcher (I think).

hogpc

Quote from: root_hawg on October 15, 2016, 10:38:17 pm
Head hit the face mask, guarantee when they appeal it to the SEC office, it will get upheld.
Yep!  That's twice now, the boy needs to learn some discipline on the field.

jm

The off sides simply can't be called accurately on a player that far outside away from the ball with the naked eye. The frustrating thing for Razorback fans is that no advantage was gained because the receiver was playing off the line.

root_hawg

Yea that PI on Sprinkle was a phantom call

root_hawg

Quote from: jm on October 15, 2016, 10:46:57 pm
The off sides simply can't be called accurately on a player that far outside away from the ball with the naked eye. The frustrating thing for Razorback fans is that no advantage was gained because the receiver was playing off the line.

In the telecast, they said the linesman had warned him already...no need to be that close to even make it an issue

PorkRinds

Quote from: root_hawg on October 15, 2016, 10:47:59 pm
In the telecast, they said the linesman had warned him already...no need to be that close to even make it an issue

Correction. They said he tried to warn him but it was too loud.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: ricepig on October 15, 2016, 10:42:14 pm
He still fumbled backwards, or he might have been sacked, or thrown a pick, or.....

Smartass, Ramirez could've very easily not have made that hit that popped the ball out.

carolinahogger

Quote from: root_hawg on October 15, 2016, 10:47:10 pm
Yea that PI on Sprinkle was a phantom call

That was remarkably similar to the call against our defensive lineman near the end of the Swindle in the Swamp.  It was also the Curles crew there IIRC.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TebowHater

Quote from: carolinahogger on October 15, 2016, 10:56:04 pm
That was remarkably similar to the call against our defensive lineman near the end of the Swindle in the Swamp.  It was also the Curles crew there IIRC.

It was, effectively, the exact same call. It was our guy...getting hit. I can still remember Gary Danielson saying "what is Malcom Shephard supposed to...that's him...getting hit? I don't get that call"

Same thing here, Sprinkle got hit, what is he supposed to do. Both 15 yard penalties that directly affected scoring (points for Florida, lack of points for us).

ricepig

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on October 15, 2016, 10:51:37 pm
Smartass, Ramirez could've very easily not have made that hit that popped the ball out.

Or hit him 5 yards earlier, you can't pick and choose what may or may not have happened, or can you?

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: hogpc on October 15, 2016, 10:42:19 pm
I agree 100% - the three you mention were the correct call but the PI on Sprinkle was BS and they did miss what looked like a facemask against Hatcher (I think).

the Sprinkle PI call was the only thing I thought was blatantly wrong. Some other calls could have gone either way.

I figured Coley was gone as soon as I saw the replay. The officials are willing to sit a not-very-guilty player to make a point.

clew

Only the replay booth saved that early touchdown on the kickoff return. Two refs let that one go--just stared at it instead of calling him out of bounds knowing it has to be indisputable to overturn.

Thought that one towards the end was obviously an ole miss fumble instead of an incomplete pass. He had two feet on the ground before the ball was dislodged.
Pure as the dawn

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: ricepig on October 15, 2016, 10:59:22 pm
Or hit him 5 yards earlier, you can't pick and choose what may or may not have happened, or can you?

Yes, because he wasn't hit five yards earlier.

aaronpjones21

The OPI on Sprinkle near the end of the 1st half is possibly the worst call I've ever seen in my entire life against the Hogs. And I know there have been many, but I don't know that I can think of one worse. This includes 2009 Florida. This includes the 7 OT win over Kentucky (which I thought was brutally officiated). This includes the holding last week.

That was a brutal call.

S.A.D.C

Quote from: root_hawg on October 15, 2016, 10:47:59 pm

Does anyone else appreciate the irony of one of our CBs being called for offsides!?  Al

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hview on October 15, 2016, 10:33:23 pm
They need to look at that targeting rule. Some of you might have seen the play differently, but I didn't agree with the ejection.
like 3 plays later dude body slams allen by his facemask with a much harder head blow and although they called the 15 yd penalty you can't help but notice the inconsistency of Curles' crew. They are the crookedest bunch around.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: S.A.D.C on October 15, 2016, 11:19:09 pm
Does anyone else appreciate the irony of one of our CBs being called for offsides!?  Al
he'd never been that close to line line before in his 4 years on the hill!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

rljjr

Quote from: mountainhog on October 15, 2016, 10:01:36 pm
Obvious face mask on the hatcher catch, and what the punt and ole miss player touched the ball??

I wanted to see a closer replay of that. I thought he might have touched it too. Apparently nobody else thought that.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: clew on October 15, 2016, 11:10:41 pm
Only the replay booth saved that early touchdown on the kickoff return. Two refs let that one go--just stared at it instead of calling him out of bounds knowing it has to be indisputable to overturn.

Thought that one towards the end was obviously an ole miss fumble instead of an incomplete pass. He had two feet on the ground before the ball was dislodged.
yeah, that was a catch. he tucked it away and took another full stride. If it had been us they definitely would have called that a fumble.

rljjr

It sure looked like the ball hit him in the field of play ... I'll have to look back at that one. I was expecting to come back from the commercial break with a review ongoing. Oh well.

Hoggish1

the targeting was for the head to head contact....

Don't know what you were looking at, but that was not targeting.