Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Report: Hog Fan arrested after yelling obscenities at Coach Bret Bielema

Started by jbcarol, October 08, 2016, 11:02:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

Coach Bielema thought it was funny and gave the guy credit for pronouncing his name right.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rljjr

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on October 09, 2016, 03:49:33 pm
I saw the video on facebook, and the professor was not acting belligerent or screaming at anyone. He was talking to someone below (wasn't CBB) then some police officers came up and told him to put his arms behind his back, which he complied with, and was walked up and out of the stadium. The professor didn't appear to do anything wrong based off the video that was released.

This is what is wrong writ large with the whole "citizen journalist" video posse -- not that I blame them, but the people who think the truth is all in the specific timeframe you see. You (the collective you) don't know what happened at the beginning. All you see is at the point where he's reasonably calm.

I'm glad he's apologized now. You know he's embarrassed and he embarrassed his wife and university. He has apologized and will have to pay some sort of penance for the Drunk and Disorderly. For me it's a case closed incident. He'll certainly be able to use himself as an example of what not to do.

justasportsfan

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 10, 2016, 04:34:15 pm
Fire Nutt banners and droppin' F'bombs in public are NOT the same.

I said, ALOT, there was discussion about thick skins.  I plainly said I don't want my family around F Bombs.  Just saying

Justifiable Hogicide

He keeps his job.
Hope he doesn't keep his subsidized faculty tickets.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

tbhogfan

Quote from: nchogg on October 09, 2016, 08:55:43 am
See how the university deals with him. He has a code of conduct which he flushed down the toilet.
If he has tenure, nothing will happen to him. 
Go Hogs!

Hoggish1

Quote from: OutlawHawg on October 09, 2016, 08:21:01 am
We can crowd fund his bail

What we can do is to not let that guy anywhere near a Hog game in the future.

HotlantaHog

Everyone has made a mistake. Occasionally, it is easy to go overboard after a loss. He apologized. I say give the guy a break.

ALLVOL

But, but, but I thought people only got drunk and acted foolish at LR games? Surely this is a story from last week.

Dr. Starcs

From what I hear, he bashes the football program quite frequently in his classes.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

hobhog

Quote from: HotlantaHog on October 11, 2016, 04:12:07 pm
Everyone has made a mistake. Occasionally, it is easy to go overboard after a loss. He apologized. I say give the guy a break.

Nope. He made everyone around him uncomfortable for the whole game I'm sure. I say he gets banned from RRS for rest of year....

DEVIL DOG HOG

Hogs record is 4-2,  I'll just bet that Texas, Notre Dame and Michigan State wish that they our record.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

sasnakrafan

I would love to be a student of his... I'd ask since the university forgave you for a bad moment in your lack of judgement, how about you forgive me in ours as well and drop our lowest grade ... I mean how do you reply back to that!

pigture perfect

He should be teaching his students how to Grow Corn, not drink it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Justifiable Hogicide

gchamblee

Quote from: jdlittle on October 08, 2016, 11:25:32 pm
is coach b not tuff enough to hear it       tin gods    sad  should have just ignored it     

you think CBB called the police on him? lol youre an idiot.

Pork Twain

Quote from: jdlittle on October 08, 2016, 11:25:32 pm
is coach b not tuff enough to hear it       tin gods    sad  should have just ignored it     
I think I am tough enough to take most things that come my way.  Does that mean I should have to?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

runninhog

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 11, 2016, 05:25:58 pm
From what I hear, he bashes the football program quite frequently in his classes.

Professors should not even mention stuff like that in their classes. During class they should talk about the subject matter of their class.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Potosihog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 12, 2016, 06:34:59 am
Professors should not even mention stuff like that in their classes. During class they should talk about the subject matter of their class.

Haha.  Though I completely agree, welcome to "Higher Education".   The majority of classes in state funded education across our land consist of some tenured professor trying to prove how big of a jerk he/she can be and keep their job.

NO Way this guy should have kept his job, apology or not.  But today he will be spouting the same filth from the classroom as he was last week.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Potosihog on October 12, 2016, 07:04:52 am
Haha.  Though I completely agree, welcome to "Higher Education".   The majority of classes in state funded education across our land consist of some tenured professor trying to prove how big of a jerk he/she can be and keep their job.

NO Way this guy should have kept his job, apology or not.  But today he will be spouting the same filth from the classroom as he was last week.

i know. I'm a graduate of the UA and had both good and bad professors. MOST professors are fine, some are not. No different than the general population. The one thing I don't agree with in colleges is tenure.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Sportster365

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Pancetta

He got drunk, made a fool of himself, got arrested, got his drunken face plastered all over national sports pages.  Sounds to me to be about the right amount of punishment already.  All of this "his tickets should be revoked" or "he should get beaten" or "he should get jail time" is dumb.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Sivad

So Professor Nalley now announces to all that he "holds himself to higher standards".
Higher standards than what? What a loser.
Hope they keep him away from RRS.

Kevin

if he is not threatening coach, I don't understand why he cannot yell at him going to the locker room after the game
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Sivad

Quote from: Kevin on October 12, 2016, 02:25:39 pm
if he is not threatening coach, I don't understand why he cannot yell at him going to the locker room after the game
It was screaming all his F bombs in front of the crowd that got him arrested for Disorderly Conduct.
And his being drunk in public was the Public Intox charge.

gchamblee

He should have been fired. We had recruits at the game. A recruit and his family should not be subjected to a drunk professor from the university yelling cuss words at the coach while the team is there with him on the sideline. It is not something that an apology should be accepted for.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BorderPatrol

ricepig

IMABIELEMA

It rustles my jimmies when football fans try to get up in the university's business such as this thread. If you are a sidewalk fan please get out of this thread.  Thanks

Sivad

Even his embarrassed wife couldn't control the drunken and profane jackass.

husker71

"rustles my jimmies???"    why cant I get the picture of Walter Brennan yelling that out of my head??

rljjr

Quote from: Sivad on October 12, 2016, 04:22:28 pm
Even his embarrassed wife couldn't control the drunken and profane jackass.

I thought that was the saddest part.

phadedhawg

I'm sure most of us have done something they wouldn't want plastered all over social media.  The man has paid the price.  Time to move on.

longpig

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on October 12, 2016, 03:16:45 pm
It rustles my jimmies when football fans try to get up in the university's business such as this thread. If you are a sidewalk fan please get out of this thread.  Thanks

You and your jimmies have no authoritae.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Justifiable Hogicide

What did Professor Lawton Nalley have to say after the Hogs big win over Ole Miss?

snoblind

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on October 17, 2016, 03:48:48 pm
What did Professor Lawton Nalley have to say after the Hogs big win over Ole Miss?

It's under re-evaluation.

jgphillips3

Hey, maybe he's our good luck charm and we need to have him cuss out the coach after every game.  Sort of a village idiot role...

Birminghog

Quote from: Potosihog on October 12, 2016, 07:04:52 am

Majority? Hyperbole much? There are jerks in every profession, and education is no exception, public or private. The overwhelming majority are dedicated professionals who do their dead-level best to enhance student learning and make the world a better place, getting paid far less than others with similar skills, experience and education.

Does this guy deserve all of the grief coming his way? Unquestionably.

Pig Papi

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 17, 2016, 04:10:11 pm
Hey, maybe he'a our good luck charm and we need to have him cuss out the coach after every game.  Sort of a village idiot role...

Rally Nally

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 12, 2016, 05:16:09 pm
I'm sure most of us have done something they wouldn't want plastered all over social media.  The man has paid the price.  Time to move on.

Yeah, dude had a little too much liquid courage and pulled a bone-head move.
He's lucky it didn't cost him his job. But no reason he should have to pay for it forever. Now...on to the next guy who shows his rear!
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ChiTown27

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

Sivad

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on October 17, 2016, 03:48:48 pm
Agri professorr Lawton Nalley, last seen making the Land Sharks gesture and yelling Hotty Toddy left soon after our last touchdown when he began screaming for his wife to go get the F car.