Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Long?

Started by lamont7906, October 08, 2016, 09:30:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gchamblee

Quote from: hogblitz on October 11, 2016, 07:36:58 pm
I just do not get it.  You are not the only one to say this.  Rebuilding in year 4!  Haha. He has virtually all his recruits in there and 4 years of his system.  It's his ship now.   People like you start off saying he needs 4 years.  Then, 4 years comes and he needs 6!

You are correct about the bolded part.

jvanhorn

Quote from: tzthib on October 08, 2016, 10:41:41 pm
If you say Arkansas can never be as good as the best teams in the country, then it doesn't matter how many posts you have. You're wrong.

Well they can be as good as the best teams in the country--once in a blue moon.
These trips down the River Denile are really boring.  If you don't like being the fan of a upper  middle of the pack team for the most part--go find another team. 

Medic821

Quote from: AirForceHog on October 08, 2016, 10:11:21 pm
Burn it down? Screw hog football? Replace a coach every four years?
Some folks think that....Don't get it

jgphillips3

What's stupid is arguing about whether or not Bielema should be fired.  Long, love him or hate him, is a man of integrity.  Long gave Bielema a six year guarantee and a buyout to match.  Bielema is doing everything right off the field.  Talking about firing Bielema anytime before the end of the 2018 season is simply a waste of time.  Short of a Harley Gate, he is here until then with certainty.  Now, if we haven't moved into a competitive posture by then, fan support will start to wane and you might get somewhere.  It's just bizarre that anyone even thinks it's a possibility before then.  However, I'm old and I tend to accept things, even if I don't like them, instead of raging in the wind.  Now, when the time comes, that's different.  Until then, let's just hope they get the ship righted.

HF#1

A very typical Hogville thread.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Pork Twain

October 12, 2016, 09:30:27 am #155 Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:44:32 am by Pork Twain
Quote from: HamSammich on October 08, 2016, 10:10:55 pm
We can offer almost the same amount of money to coaches. It's the oiss poor attitude of you arkansans that have dreams of being better beating out of you at a young age that hold the program back. Once the fans and donors expect more... then more will come.
We cannot offer them the same prestige, location, recruiting base or campus draw.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hogtimes

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 08, 2016, 10:25:42 pm
The season isn't over yet.  However, I do have a question for the people that want Bielema gone.  Who is a realistic coach that you think would come here,  that has a better overall record of success,  that you think will do much better?  Let's hear it.

Gruden?

IntegrityHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 11, 2016, 08:06:39 pm
I bet of that 3 mil you contribute not even .00000000000001%. 

Whether you like it or not, Bielema has minimum of 3 years left here after this season baring some sort of scandal or him leaving on his own.

At least 3 years.

Redhogs

Quote from: HamSammich on October 08, 2016, 10:10:55 pm
We can offer almost the same amount of money to coaches. It's the oiss poor attitude of you arkansans that have dreams of being better beating out of you at a young age that hold the program back. Once the fans and donors expect more... then more will come.
Thank you...
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: AirForceHog on October 08, 2016, 10:11:21 pm
Burn it down? Screw hog football? Replace a coach every four years?
If they don't win and are not competing for a divisional title by year 4...then yes.

Redhogs

Quote from: IntegrityHog on October 12, 2016, 09:37:09 am
At least 3 years.
Ha..ha..starting to approach Nutt territory.

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

hogsanity

Quote from: justasportsfan on October 08, 2016, 09:32:17 pm
I've wondered that myself.  When does accountability kick in?

accountable for what? If the administration gives him a win total to reach, then they can hold him accountable to that. Define winning - is it winning more games than you lose? division titles? SEC titles? Bowl wins? Again accountable to what?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Redhogs

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 12, 2016, 09:13:27 am
What's stupid is arguing about whether or not Bielema should be fired.  Long, love him or hate him, is a man of integrity.  Long gave Bielema a six year guarantee and a buyout to match.  Bielema is doing everything right off the field.  Talking about firing Bielema anytime before the end of the 2018 season is simply a waste of time.  Short of a Harley Gate, he is here until then with certainty.  Now, if we haven't moved into a competitive posture by then, fan support will start to wane and you might get somewhere.  It's just bizarre that anyone even thinks it's a possibility before then.  However, I'm old and I tend to accept things, even if I don't like them, instead of raging in the wind.  Now, when the time comes, that's different.  Until then, let's just hope they get the ship righted.
Gee some must of just misunderstood...we thought he was hired to win the SEC as he himself proudly proclaimed when he was given the job...it's bizarre to think it should not take six freaking years to be competitive..ya ok......

Chitlins

i really like coach brett. seems like a great guy. always thought he had tough teams at wisconsin, im just disappointed with  how far we have come  under him thus far, but honestly i am sure he is  disappointed as well.

Redhogs

Quote from: hogsanity on October 12, 2016, 09:49:15 am
accountable for what? If the administration gives him a win total to reach, then they can hold him accountable to that. Define winning - is it winning more games than you lose? division titles? SEC titles? Bowl wins? Again accountable to what?
How about accountable means not stepping on the field and looking like you expect to lose and getting your brains beat in from the opening snap..how does that sound.....or your defense running around and looking like they are wearing cement shoes? or going 0-8 from the 1 yard line on first and goal......

hogsanity

Quote from: Redhogs on October 12, 2016, 09:50:39 am
Gee some must of just misunderstood...we thought he was hired to win the SEC as he himself proudly proclaimed when he was given the job...it's bizarre to think it should not take six freaking years to be competitive..ya ok......

Well, they have won the sec exactly how many times in the 2+ decades they have been in the league?

Now define competitive - is it winning more than losing? I would say going 5-3 in the sec last year, with 3 of those wins on the road, is more than competitive. In 2014 they played Bama to a 1 pt loss, then went to starkville and had a shot at the end to win ( both were ranked #1 when we played them ). Last year they went to Old MIss and beat a highly ranked OM team.  I would say that is more than just being competitive.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PLHawg

I don't know if BB is the be-all and end-all, but I do believe he's a good coach.  Is he an SEC champ coach - maybe not, but let's face it, for Arkansas to be SEC champs is going to be a catching lightening in a bottle scenario.  There's a huge difference in the talent disparity in the SEC now compared to say ten years ago.  The SEC is consistently pulling top players nationally, and they're migrating to the top two or three SEC teams.  Players that ten years ago would have considered Mich, USC, Texas, are now flocking to the SEC, primarily Bama, A&M, Ole Mi$$, LSU - not Arkansas unfortunately.  I do believe that something will have to be done on the defensive side of the football, and it should probably mean Long putting on his big boy pants, and pulling out his big boy check book to attract a top DC.  Our defense is atrocious, and as much as I will lay blame on lack of defensive talent, ultimately it's on the DC for scheme, technique, and inability to recruit better players.  Realistically, I believe if things don't improve in the next couple of years Bielema will be easily swayed to start taking a look at Big 10 teams, because I believe this is probably far more frustrating and aggravating for him than it is us fans. 

ricepig

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 11, 2016, 09:20:31 pm
I have, and he's right.

Well, that's it took, lol. You need to go complain about gas prices or Hurricanes, they seem to be your specialty.

majp51

Quote from: lamont7906 on October 08, 2016, 09:30:08 pm
Just curious how long do you keep a coach around of he continues to get 7 or 8 wins? I mean even here at Arkansas we have the capability to get 9 plus even up to 11 with the right coach. The reason Nut stayed longer then he should because he would come up with a significant win or a 10 win season. If Coach B don't do it this year I don't see him doing it next year with the change over a reciever.

Hold on for a second. The question becomes do we have have the capability, with the SEC West in it's current state to get 9-11 wins consistently? Sure Petrino did it one time, but Mike Sherman was the HC at A&M, Ole Miss had the NUTT, and Mullen has managed to make MSU something other than a guaranteed win. So we've gone from a situation where a good coach pretty much catapults you into the top 3 of the league, to just putting you in the crowd with everyone else.  Unless we move to the Big 12, 7-8, wins should be the primary goal with no drop off. I mean, let's be real here, if MSU can have 6 straight years in the SEC with a bowl bid, then no one else in the West has an excuse :)

Unless the Arkansas school system gets fixed so that students academics are first, versus parents and Teacher's Unions convenience, then the West is going to average out as BAMA -> LSU/A&M/Auburn -> Arkansas/MSU/Ole Miss

Sometimes those bottom 3 will have the stars align and out do the middle pack and compete with BAMA. For instance right now due to coaching, and likely cheating, You would swap Ole Miss and Auburn. But things will eventually average back out.

Even with a great coach, given the various school benefits of location, recruiting etc.  Arkansas will be battling to get above 5th position in the west every year.  The good news, is that even with those advantages, the margin is razor thin, so keeping a good coach makes it where all you need is a few breaks to finish above 5th.

toshortrock

give him another round ,,he good man
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

311Hog

How about we go with more than one?  jesus....each year has gotten better you cannot ask for more than that.  If that pattern changes then i would expect to see posts like this.

hogcard1964

Quote from: 311Hog on October 12, 2016, 10:39:56 am
How about we go with more than one?  jesus....each year has gotten better you cannot ask for more than that.  If that pattern changes then i would expect to see posts like this.

Agree

Hold off at least until the end of the season and take it from there.  I'll say this much, if he continues to stick at 7-8 wins, his seat will get hot.  ...and it should.

However, I have us winning a minimum of 8 this year.  Probably 9 with a bowl win.

Redhogs

Quote from: hogsanity on October 12, 2016, 10:00:19 am
Well, they have won the sec exactly how many times in the 2+ decades they have been in the league?

Now define competitive - is it winning more than losing? I would say going 5-3 in the sec last year, with 3 of those wins on the road, is more than competitive. In 2014 they played Bama to a 1 pt loss, then went to starkville and had a shot at the end to win ( both were ranked #1 when we played them ). Last year they went to Old MIss and beat a highly ranked OM team.  I would say that is more than just being competitive.
Well there you go....we've got your man. And since we have been mediocre in the past that justifies being mediocre in the future...right.

Pork Twain

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 11, 2016, 09:24:23 pm
No worse? Seriously? My gosh....What Nutt left Bobby was far better than what BP &JLS left for CBB.
Save your breath.  I have gone as far as to go back and list all of the players and incoming recruits and people still have no clue on this.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

311Hog

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 12, 2016, 11:59:15 am
Save your breath.  I have gone as far as to go back and list all of the players and incoming recruits and people still have no clue on this.

Nutt didn't purposely leave anything for Petrino, but Petrino did undoubtedly benefit from an "uncharacteristically" great crop of in-state recruits.  And when you add in one 5 star QB that got away and came back, the situation Petrino walked into talent wise was far better than what Beliema had waiting for him.

ATU HOG

It's not the being "competitive" part that frustrates me.  I think for the most part we are pretty competitive, barring last Saturday (which is inexcusable) to really get taking out behind the wood shed that badly...at home.

What frustrates me is never knowing which Arkansas team you're going to get, over the last 3 years.

2014 - Destroy Texas Tech at their place
         - Dominate Northern Illinois
         - Dominated Texas A&M only to lose the game
         - Competed well vs Bama
         -  Got destroyed vs Georgia
         - Dominated LSU
         - Dominated Ole Miss

2015   - Toledo
          -  Got destroyed by Texas Tech at our place
          - Dominated A&M AGAIN only to lose AGAIN
          - Dominated LSU
          - Dominated Ole Miss

Right now we know the story.  We are 4-2, but our games haven't been pretty.  We lost to two top 10                 teams, which is hopeful, but the way we've played over the course of the season hasn't been what we expected.

Pork Twain

Quote from: ATU HOG on October 12, 2016, 12:08:13 pm
Right now we know the story.  We are 4-2, but our games haven't been pretty.  We lost to two top 10                 teams, which is hopeful, but the way we've played over the course of the season hasn't been what we expected.

You expected us to beat TCU, aTm and Bama?

So far, we have nothing to hang our heads about.

code red

Just curious how long do you keep a coach around of he continues to get 7 or 8 wins? I mean even here at Arkansas we have the capability to get 9 plus even up to 11 with the right coach. The reason Nut stayed longer then he should because he would come up with a significant win or a 10 win season. If Coach B don't do it this year I don't see him doing it next year with the change over a reciever.
He has brought "stability" to the program...(whatever that means)...plus he is only 5 years away...be patient.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ATU HOG

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 12, 2016, 12:22:12 pm

Where did you draw that conclusion from my statement?  Check that, I think I get why you would say that.

I just mean through our 6 games our record is where I thought, but the games we have won have not sold me on where our program is at

jgphillips3

Quote from: Redhogs on October 12, 2016, 09:50:39 am

I don't disagree with you.  However, I'm not going to scream at a pot of water to boil or yell at a clock because it isn't moving faster.  The point of my post is that Long gave him a six year guarantee and there's literally zero reason to call for his head right now or next year because it's not going to change anything.  Now, when 2018 gets here, if it's no better, that will be the time to be vocal because then you actually have some chance of moving the needle.  Until then, it's pointless.  Now, criticizing coach's failures is fair game.

DeltaBoy

Just curious how long do you keep a coach around of he continues to get 7 or 8 wins? I mean even here at Arkansas we have the capability to get 9 plus even up to 11 with the right coach. The reason Nut stayed longer then he should because he would come up with a significant win or a 10 win season. If Coach B don't do it this year I don't see him doing it next year with the change over a receiver.

Long is the Wonder Boy who does NO WRONG.  So this question is a mute point cause as long as the Boosters and BOT drinks the Kool Aid and eats the sugar sticks they are getting there will be no real change on the hill except for big talk about being men of character which so far equals a old NUTT call for Wait till NEXT YEAR.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 12, 2016, 01:04:20 pm
Long is the Wonder Boy who does NO WRONG.  So this question is a mute point cause as long as the Boosters and BOT drinks the Kool Aid and eats the sugar sticks they are getting there will be no real change on the hill except for big talk about being men of character which so far equals a old NUTT call for Wait till NEXT YEAR.

Actually it's too bad it's not "a mute point" then we wouldn't have to listen to it.
The next coach is always the answer isn't it? I mean it worked out so well for Texas and everything.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Chitlins

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 12, 2016, 12:22:12 pm

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

gchamblee

Quote from: hogsanity on October 12, 2016, 10:00:19 am

A voice of reason in a sea of stupidity.

gchamblee

Quote from: Redhogs on October 12, 2016, 10:49:27 am
Well there you go....we've got your man. And since we have been mediocre in the past that justifies being mediocre in the future...right.

so YOU set the benchmark at being competitive, he showed that we have indeed met/passed that benchmark and you respond with a pissy condescending stab at that benchmark as some embarrassing proof of failure? GTFOH lol.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 12, 2016, 01:20:54 pm
Actually it's too bad it's not "a mute point" then we wouldn't have to listen to it.
The next coach is always the answer isn't it? I mean it worked out so well for Texas and everything.

We gave Nutt 10 years and I willing to give this guy 6 or move on !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Redhogs on October 12, 2016, 10:49:27 am

Interesting how you don't post near as often after a win as you do a loss...................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogsenburg

I've been a supporter from the start but when you make as much money as CBB does you have to produce results. I figure hes got the rest of this season and next before the seat gets real hot.

factchecker

I'm probably one of the most positive posters on Hogville. However, I will not stand for regression.  The only time regression is understandable is if you are coming off a 10 plus win season and you lost a lot of your roster.

If we do not win at least 7 games (before bowl) then Coach Bielema needs to be on the hot seat.  If the nightmare scenario happens: 0 or 1 win the rest of the way and no bowl then the seat needs to be on fire:

With all that being said, we are 4-2.  Ole Miss is going to be extremely tough.  The rest of the schedule is filled with winnable games.  I'm not willing to throw in the towel like many people are.  There are problems with this team.  They were magnified when playing two really good teams.  We've shown in the past that we can adjust and improve in the second half of the season.  Now is the time to do so.  We need to find a way to go into the bye week at least 5-3.  That will set us up for a good finish. 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gchamblee

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 12, 2016, 01:58:41 pm
Interesting how you don't post near as often after a win as you do a loss...................

he is a fair weather fan. last year he said he stopped watching the games until we started winning again. i guess his boycott didn't last long since the last half of the season last year was incredible. just ignore him. i put him on ignore after he admitted to being a fair weather fan.

Sportster365

Quote from: ErieHog on October 08, 2016, 10:13:43 pm
There's no real expectation for this year of winning more than 8.   Never has been.

Next year is likely to be the decisive year in the Bielema Era at Arkansas.   What the number will be then, is likely 9 or so regular season wins,  with how we look in them (and the losses) being a factor.

Short of really cratering this year, and missing a bowl next year,  I don't think he's likely to be fired.

At this point give me one reason we should expect more next year? Even with our deficiency issues on the O-Line our offense is still capable of moving the ball down field quite effectively. I see no reason to expect more than 7 - 8 wins tops next season.

lstewart

I've been saying for the past few years that the SEC West could not support all the upper level coaches coming into the league, with the premium salaries. Someone has to lose every Saturday, so all these teams can't win enough games to keep their coaches in good standing. I think maybe the SEC West is too strong top to bottom right now for it's own health in the current college football atmosphere. Good coaches are going to be getting fired with the assumption that the school can do better, and at least some of the elite coaches being courted are going to decide it is easier to win enough to keep a high ranking and big salary, in an easier conference. I think BB is a good coach and runs a solid program, but clearly he has shown some weaknesses so far. I think in the long run, he can average about 7.5 wins per year, with every 4th year or so putting a team on the field that has a good chance to win 9 regular season. A down year might be 6-6, or even 5-7. I think UA administration realizes the very difficult environment we are competing in now, and the fact we have to recruit so many elite players from out of state to have enough talent to compete. No one is really happy about not winning more, but the situation is what it is. I think at some point we might have a great group of in state talent roll through, and we could be good for a couple of years. I think last year's team could have been one of the good years, maybe winning 9 regular season. I think this is more of a 7 win team, so I think we are right on schedule. I don't think BB will ever get fired. I think he will grow weary of the effort it takes to get to 8 wins, and his popularity will slip a little over time as usually happens. I think within the next 5 years he will leave to take another job, probably a lateral move, but probably somewhere he can win easier than he can here. I am not saying we can't get someone that can win a little more, but it is likely most we could get would not do any better.

GuvHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 11, 2016, 09:24:23 pm
No worse? Seriously? My gosh....What Nutt left Bobby was far better than what BP &JLS left for CBB.

Wrongo. Hooty left the cupboard almost bare.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Sportster365

Quote from: lstewart on October 12, 2016, 02:33:13 pm
I've been saying for the past few years that the SEC West could not support all the upper level coaches coming into the league, with the premium salaries. Someone has to lose every Saturday, so all these teams can't win enough games to keep their coaches in good standing. I think maybe the SEC West is too strong top to bottom right now for it's own health in the current college football atmosphere. Good coaches are going to be getting fired with the assumption that the school can do better, and at least some of the elite coaches being courted are going to decide it is easier to win enough to keep a high ranking and big salary, in an easier conference. I think BB is a good coach and runs a solid program, but clearly he has shown some weaknesses so far. I think in the long run, he can average about 7.5 wins per year, with every 4th year or so putting a team on the field that has a good chance to win 9 regular season. A down year might be 6-6, or even 5-7. I think UA administration realizes the very difficult environment we are competing in now, and the fact we have to recruit so many elite players from out of state to have enough talent to compete. No one is really happy about not winning more, but the situation is what it is. I think at some point we might have a great group of in state talent roll through, and we could be good for a couple of years. I think last year's team could have been one of the good years, maybe winning 9 regular season. I think this is more of a 7 win team, so I think we are right on schedule. I don't think BB will ever get fired. I think he will grow weary of the effort it takes to get to 8 wins, and his popularity will slip a little over time as usually happens. I think within the next 5 years he will leave to take another job, probably a lateral move, but probably somewhere he can win easier than he can here. I am not saying we can't get someone that can win a little more, but it is likely most we could get would not do any better.

Possible very possible but with that said, should we expect more parity amongst the teams?  A lot of teams with very similar records?  Or how about parity on the field and look like you belong out there against your opponent and not get blown out by 20+.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: gchamblee on October 12, 2016, 02:21:14 pm
he is a fair weather fan. last year he said he stopped watching the games until we started winning again. i guess his boycott didn't last long since the last half of the season last year was incredible. just ignore him. i put him on ignore after he admitted to being a fair weather fan.

I know what you mean. However fans should be fans through thick and thin, good or bad. Nothing worse than a fair weather fan.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GuvHog

Quote from: factchecker on October 12, 2016, 02:17:00 pm
I'm probably one of the most positive posters on Hogville. However, I will not stand for regression.  The only time regression is understandable is if you are coming off a 10 plus win season and you lost a lot of your roster.

If we do not win at least 7 games (before bowl) then Coach Bielema needs to be on the hot seat.  If the nightmare scenario happens: 0 or 1 win the rest of the way and no bowl then the seat needs to be on fire:

With all that being said, we are 4-2.  Ole Miss is going to be extremely tough.  The rest of the schedule is filled with winnable games.  I'm not willing to throw in the towel like many people are.  There are problems with this team.  They were magnified when playing two really good teams.  We've shown in the past that we can adjust and improve in the second half of the season.  Now is the time to do so.  We need to find a way to go into the bye week at least 5-3.  That will set us up for a good finish. 

This is where I am. Good post.

PLHawg

Quote from: lstewart on October 12, 2016, 02:33:13 pm

You hit the nail on the head.  As everyone knows, most years it's going to be Bama, LSU, A&M, (not counting Ole Miss because that's a house of cards getting ready to implode) fighting for SEC West supremacy.  Everyone else, including us, is fighting for leftover crumbs.  That is reality, and that is the reality that any coach has to accept if they come in to lead this program.

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on October 12, 2016, 02:17:00 pm

Probably a little quick on the "hot seat" IMO, and there will be two more years, regardless of the record this year, or next. I had predicted 8-4 this year and still think we can get there, but I'm extremely disappointed in the defense, I had anticipated a slow start with the offense, but the defense has been a dumpster fire, especially the effort, or lack thereof.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on October 12, 2016, 03:10:33 pm
Probably a little quick on the "hot seat" IMO, and there will be two more years, regardless of the record this year, or next. I had predicted 8-4 this year and still think we can get there, but I'm extremely disappointed in the defense, I had anticipated a slow start with the offense, but the defense has been a dumpster fire, especially the effort, or lack thereof.

If the team goes 8-4 he'll be okay but if they finish with a losing conference record, his seat will warm up a bit.