Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike's Take on Hog Hoops After Loss to Oklahoma State

Started by Jason Carroll, January 30, 2017, 09:47:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 31, 2017, 01:09:02 pm
Gregg Popovich rests his players. Other NBA coaches have done it too.

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2013/12/19/gregg-popovich-rests-stars-tnt-spurs-warriors

Fine - reach wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyout where you dropped this and pull it back. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 31, 2017, 01:05:20 pm
What he's trying to say is conference games are more important than nonconference games. Jeez people all of this crying, boo hooing, and whining is getting old and making me want to  :puke:. A bunch of grown men whining like little babies. Some of yall just look for any reason to bitch. I guess if your unhappy that's just the way to be.

unless of course those 2 ooc games end up keeping them out of the ncaat. Then again Mike has noting to fear, he has that great 2032 class lined up so he's here for at least another 15 years. He should have all his players in place in year 21.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

SONofHAM

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 31, 2017, 01:09:02 pm
Gregg Popovich rests his players. Other NBA coaches have done it too.

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2013/12/19/gregg-popovich-rests-stars-tnt-spurs-warriors
What are you taking about?

The Hogs played Saturday, then Tuesday, then Saturday against OSU.  You really think they were so drained after beating LSU and Vandy 4 days prior?

You guys will make up any excuse possible to make Mike look a little better. 

Pop has rings.  Pop has superstars.  Pop has an 82 game schedule.  Pop is considered one of the best coaches in the game.  No one should ever compare Mike and Pop.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

FineAsSwine

I think you missed the point. It's there if you let go of the hyperbole pole.

Carl Lazlo

How many minutes did CJ Jones and A. Bailey log in this throw away game where MA rested his main guys? Hazen?

Kevin

I believe Irwin on this one. because he will repeat what coaches say to him, and not think about it.

perfect example, when Keaton McKinney had a hurt hip (end of freshman year) that required big time surgery in the offseason, dvh kept saying McKinney just needs to throw strike, it was not a injury. Irwin was out there parroting exactly what dvh said. that was on a Monday, on Tuesday McKinney got a cortisone shot in the hip, and they ran jorn out there on the radio, to tell everyone he might not pitch in the postsesason, it was wait and see.

so I am certain Irwin heard this around the program so where
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Biggus Piggus

January 31, 2017, 03:02:33 pm #56 Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:43:55 pm by Biggus Piggus
Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 31, 2017, 01:46:23 pm
11 days had passed since A&M and we had LSU at home in between A&M and Vandy.

Damn it is good we don't play in one of the real grinder conferences.

We need to ask out of the challenge next season.  Too tough on us.  The program supposedly built on "40 Minutes of Hell run the opponent into the court wear them the hell out make cowards out of them" had to take it easy because we were spent.  Gives comfort this program is heading back to national relevancy.

[CENSORED]' great take. OSU had played five B12 games in 11 days before our game. And they had a Bedlam matchup waiting for them on the Monday after! Sure - they were super-hyped out of their minds for us! Sure.

No. We played like total darn and were completely unprepared for no justifiable reason whatsoever.
[CENSORED]!