Started by housecat, January 19, 2018, 07:30:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

housecat

They were in Texarkana Thursday 1-18..no idea where they went in T..Town

ricepig

Quote from: housecat on January 19, 2018, 07:30:52 pm
They were in Texarkana Thursday 1-18..no idea where they went in T..Town
https://twitter.com/StanfordGerry/status/954187541565108224

Thank you @ArkRazorbacks @CoachCraddock @coachchadmorris for stopping by today. Big things in store for #wps

housecat

Is there a player at Texas High that we are looking at ?

OLEJACKETFAN

There was a Coaching Clinic in a small Town about 75 miles west of Texarkana on I-30. I have no idea if they were there. Didn't say who the Guest Speakers were. The Coaching Clinic was in Mt Vernon, Texas. I will try to find out if they spoke at it.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: OLEJACKETFAN on January 19, 2018, 07:59:09 pm
There was a Coaching Clinic in a small Town about 75 miles west of Texarkana on I-30. I have no idea if they were there. Didn't say who the Guest Speakers were. The Coaching Clinic was in Mt Vernon, Texas. I will try to find out if they spoke at it.

Recruiting isn't just about the players.  It's about the High School coach as much or more than the players.  If the HS coach hates you, you will never get a player from that school. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Flrazrback

Certainly it was something recruiting related. We have a big visit weekend set up. Let's hope we make an impression on the young men.

texas tush hog

January 20, 2018, 10:37:48 am #6 Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:09:25 am by texas tush hog
Texarkana Pleasant Grove won the state championship this year and had several Division I underclassmen on that team. One was a 6-5 defensive end named Landon Jackson and Marcus Burris a 6-4 freshman defensive tackle who wreaked havoc in the state title game. Their quarterback was a 6'1" 185 lb sophomore named Ben Harmon. Looks like Morris is getting ahead of the game. Xavier Benson is a blue chip olb/s/wr committed to Texas Tech, but I am not sure he has signed. Helluva player.

Their head coach Josh Gibson is the son of long time Frisco coach, Vance Gibson. West Orange Stark had a forty game winning streak coming into the title game. Now Pleasant Grove has a 16 game win streak. Gibson will probably turn out several blue chippers in the coming years.

010HogFan

Quote from: texas tush hog on January 20, 2018, 10:37:48 am
Texarkana Pleasant Grove won the state championship this year and had several Division I underclassmen on that team. One was a 6-5 defensive end named Landon Jackson and Marcus Burris a 6-4 freshman defensive tackle who wreaked havoc in the state title game. Their quarterback was a 6'1" 185 lb sophomore named Ben Harmon. Looks like Morris is getting ahead of the game. Xavier Benson is a blue chip olb/s/wr committed to Texas Tech, but I am not sure he has signed. Helluva player.

Their head coach Josh Gibson is the son of long time Frisco coach, Vance Gibson. West Orange Stark had a forty game winning streak coming into the title game. Now Pleasant Grove has a 16 game win streak. Gibson will probably turn out several blue chippers in the coming years.

They need to offer that runningback. He is the real deal. Reminds me of Hammonds.

GoHogs1091

Texarkana is a good place to be recruiting football players.  Good to see Morris and Craddock focusing on Texarkana.

These are really good places to be recruiting football players that are relatively close to Fayetteville (no particular order below).

Tulsa, OK
Texarkana, AR/Texarkana, TX
Muskogee, OK
Lawton, OK

goodguytex

January 21, 2018, 02:18:48 am #9 Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 06:04:16 pm by goodguytex
Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 20, 2018, 03:36:03 pm
Texarkana is a good place to be recruiting football players.  Good to see Morris and Craddock focusing on Texarkana.

These are really good places to be recruiting football players that are relatively close to Fayetteville (no particular order below).

Tulsa, OK
Muskogee, OK
Lawton, OK
Texarkana has produced more than it's fair share of quality major college football players, many of whom have had great NFL careers. I hope Morris recruits Texarkana very hard. Part of the city identifies with the Hogs because we are Hogs too. Always have been. So it's an easy sell.

Barry Norton, who was Ryan Mallett former HS HC,   is now HC for Texarkana, Arkansas senior High, and is trying to make the program what Texas high had been.

That team at PG were very awesome. I work at a business in PG and we did volunteer work for PGSH, and there's a lot of talent to be had there. I hope we can get some of those players to the Hill.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 19, 2018, 08:07:53 pm
Recruiting isn't just about the players.  It's about the High School coach as much or more than the players.  If the HS coach hates you, you will never get a player from that school. 

Correct.  Ask Bert and Holtz.

wendellgee

Ryan Mallett former HS HC is now HC for Texarkana, Arkansas senior High, and is trying to make the program what Texas high had been.[/quote]
Barry Norton is the coach for Texarkana, AR and was the former coach for Texarkana, TX.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 20, 2018, 03:36:03 pm

Tulsa, OK
Muskogee, OK
Lawton, OK
Memphis? KS City? They are as close as Texarkana.
Pittman or Bust!

housecat

Don't forget Liberty Eylau...Lots of talent

DeltaBoy

Far east Texas got boat loads of talent.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

redleg

An Arkansas coaching staff should focus on, in order: Arkansas, east Texas, Tulsa, Louisiana, Memphis, Kansas City, St Louis, Georgia, south Florida, and the Jucos.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Nickle-Pig

Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

Effort, you gotta give effort.  As you do so, eventually, you will learn where to give effort for the best results.  Refuse to be denied.  Never quit.  While the other team is kicking your rears, learn from them, figure them out.  Turn what they know and have taught you against them.  Never give up on a Kid that hasn't given up on you.  Go Gettem Chad.

hawgon

Texas High has at least a kid or two every year go to a Big 12 school.  They sent a receiver to TCU this year.  Bert really was slipping in Northeast Texas.  Kids were going to TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma State and so on and so forth and we were t even mentioned as offers they got.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: redleg on January 22, 2018, 08:54:30 am
An Arkansas coaching staff should focus on, in order: Arkansas, east Texas, Tulsa, Louisiana, Memphis, Kansas City, St Louis, Georgia, south Florida, and the Jucos.

no Dallas or Houston?

ManBeast

They were probably in town for some Naaman's BBQ. That stuff is legit!

j-mann

Quote from: redleg on January 22, 2018, 08:54:30 am
and Mississippi   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

goodguytex

Quote from: wendellgee on January 21, 2018, 07:17:00 pm
Ryan Mallett former HS HC is now HC for Texarkana, Arkansas senior High, and is trying to make the program what Texas high had been.
Barry Norton is the coach for Texarkana, AR and was the former coach for Texarkana, TX.
I just caught my typo there and will correct it. What I get for typing in a hurry. I meant to put Barry Norton, Ryan Mallett HS HC...

Hawginj

Quote from: ManBeast on January 22, 2018, 09:59:27 pm
yes it is!!!

Freebrd

Can eat the brisket with a plastic fork and no knife.  Plus has a nice bark :P

010HogFan

Naaman's is so good!!

texasdvm

Just look at who we have sent to the hill from right here in Atlanta,TX.
Randy Garner DE
Decori Birmingham RB
Jason Peters  TE
Dallas Washington DB
All starters and good student athletes.

hawgon

Quote from: texasdvm on January 24, 2018, 09:21:32 am
Just look at who we have sent to the hill from right here in Atlanta,TX.
Randy Garner DE
Decori Birmingham RB
Jason Peters  TE
Dallas Washington DB
All starters and good student athletes.

And like I said, I don't think Bert even knew where Atlanta/Queen City were.  And don't even get me talking about Jefferson and Marshall and the like.  Those are all areas that in the recent past, like in the Nutt era, provided us with good starting players that contributed a lot to our program.  And it had all more or less completely dried up under Bert. 

Look for us to have an in with the Texas High kids now.  Former NFL player Earnie Rhone is in the staff and his son just graduated from SMU after playing for Morris there.