Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Major Improvement

Started by KennyForAD, September 23, 2017, 06:31:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyForAD

Still a weak team, but played much better than first two games.  I expected 15 sacks.  What did we give up, just 8?  If the line and the receivers keep improving, and if BB would start our best QB, instead of starting our 2d or 3rd string QB just because he's a Senior, we might win a few games.

TebowHater

Did you watch the one play where Kelley had a drop back pass? Ya know, the one where he didn't even have to make a read because it was designed for one player...who happened to be the most wide open of any receiver all day. Asking for a friend.

Tuskya

I agree on much improvement. I believe we did give up 6 sacks which is too much. I disagree on QB's. Today, we mixed up just right, I thought.

TNRazorbacker

Goofy nonsense.

AA isnt the problem and I've seen nothing to indicate he isn't the best option we have at QB. I love Kelly's attitude and fire but all the kid has done is come in and play fullback. The one true dropback pass he completely missed an easy TD throw. That looks great here and there but it's not going to work as an every down QB.

We all have cause to be pissed - vent away- but lower the crack pipe.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on September 23, 2017, 06:45:50 pm
Goofy nonsense.

AA isnt the problem and I've seen nothing to indicate he isn't the best option we have at QB. I love Kelly's attitude and fire but all the kid has done is come in and play fullback. The one true dropback pass he completely missed an easy TD throw. That looks great here and there but it's not going to work as an every down QB.

Thanks!!! I'm glad you understand football sir...most on HV believe AA is the root of cause. H3ll, ya can't throw TDs on your back!!! Even the announcers said it literally every time Hogs were on offense

TebowHater

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 23, 2017, 06:53:45 pm
Thanks!!! I'm glad you understand football sir...most on HV believe AA is the root of cause. H3ll, ya can't throw TDs on your back!!! Even the announcers said it literally every time Hogs were on offense

Literally everyone in this thread sans OP has felt this way.

HogHomer

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 23, 2017, 06:53:45 pm
I've said it a couple times but of course AA isn't the root of the problem but he has to start getting rid of the ball faster. And in the 2nd half he started doing that. During the pass to Nance for a TD he got the same amount of time before he released the ball as he did for some of the sacks he took.

It's a combination of bad play calling ( way too many slow developing plays) WRs not getting open and AA holding onto the ball in addition to below average line play.

KennyForAD

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on September 23, 2017, 06:45:50 pm
Goofy nonsense.

Do you not realize that we're on our way to being skunked by the SEC?  What pipe dream are you clinging to, wanting to keep playing Allen?  Calling me nonsense, a venter and a crackhead?  I'm making sense, and have been on the money, telling you knuckleheads how bad this team is - and proven correct.   YOU are the crackhead, or just a blind fool.

The_Iceman

Quote from: TebowHater on September 23, 2017, 06:35:06 pm
Did you watch the one play where Kelley had a drop back pass? Ya know, the one where he didn't even have to make a read because it was designed for one player...who happened to be the most wide open of any receiver all day. Asking for a friend.

Of all the plays to complain about, you picked that one?

TebowHater

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 23, 2017, 07:07:34 pm
Of all the plays to complain about, you picked that one?

No - the OP claimed that we are playing the 2nd or 3rd best QB. It was in response to that. How you could thing CK could carry the load based on that is beyond me.

Tusks

Was there really improvement or was it just the level of competition ?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: tusked on September 23, 2017, 07:09:39 pm

Was there really improvement or was it just the level of competition ?
Both I'd say.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

David†

LumberBacks

My fear with Kelly is that he prob has Mallett-like mobility and with our terrible O line play he will get clobbered even more than Allen.  That's why, I believe, we haven't seen him more. With pocket protection he might be very good.  But the O line pocket this group is capable of producing folds up like a cheap lawn chair in 2 seconds.