Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Out of the mouth of lady Alabama fan.

Started by Hoggie17, September 15, 2017, 10:53:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 15, 2017, 11:06:12 pm
Alabama fan? Lol of course they wouldn't fire a coach for such...assuming they are winning games. Think if the same happened with Saban they would ride the integrity wagon like we did? Zero chance.

But they fired a coach for a romp with a hooker, of course he wasn't winning any games yet.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

phadedhawg

Quote from: hogsanity on September 18, 2017, 12:03:25 pm
But they fired a coach for a romp with a hooker, of course he wasn't winning any games yet.

Aye!  Funny story, last season I went to the Washington vs USC game in Seattle.  We got an uber to the game since we live nearish to stadium and didn't want to deal with parking.  A nice older gentleman was our driver and we all got to talking football.  He mentioned his brother or brother in law used to coach at Washington State.  I asked who and he said Mike Price.  Asked me if I was a big UW fan and I said "no I just won these tickets.  I'm an Arkansas Razorback fan".  He said "oh SEC....you might've heard about Price before".  "Yes sir, know the whole story". 

It was an uncomfortably silent ride the rest of the way to stadium.  When we got out of car the wife was all "What the heck was that about".  I informed her.  She said "awkward".  hahahaha

hogsanity

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 18, 2017, 12:09:12 pm
Aye!  Funny story, last season I went to the Washington vs USC game in Seattle.  We got an uber to the game since we live nearish to stadium and didn't want to deal with parking.  A nice older gentleman was our driver and we all got to talking football.  He mentioned his brother or brother in law used to coach at Washington State.  I asked who and he said Mike Price.  Asked me if I was a big UW fan and I said "no I just won these tickets.  I'm an Arkansas Razorback fan".  He said "oh SEC....you might've heard about Price before".  "Yes sir, know the whole story". 

It was an uncomfortably silent ride the rest of the way to stadium.  When we got out of car the wife was all "What the heck was that about".  I informed her.  She said "awkward".  hahahaha

small world. YEa, that was weird.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Uncle Remus

It's really hard for me to believe that had Petrino had the downturn that we saw the couple years following his departure that people wouldn't have been screaming that they couldn't believe that we kept a cheating scumbag who had a motorcycle wreck with his hired mistress as our coach.  Just saying...reality.  Been seeing the reactions on here for years.  It would have happened.

Ex-Trumpet

The world would be in a different place for sure if we would all just follow the wisdom of Alabama women blabbering while in line at Walmart.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 15, 2017, 10:53:30 pm
I live in the Knoxville area now, and was in line with a shopping cart full of mums . I was talking with the woman in front of me about the Vols game against Fla this weekend. Neither  of us had mentioned where we were from.  I said, 'I hope the Vols win this weekend.'  She said, "I am pulling for Fla, they have not doing well the past few years".  "They need a win".  Without out telling her where I am from I said, " a team that needs a win is Arkansas". Her response was, "I don't care if they win or not they brought their situation on themselves".  "They fired one the best coaches in the country for  some personal problems.' "he had not broken any NCAA rules that had gotten the school in trouble".  "I can tell you we would not have fired him". The conversation ended there as it was her turn at the check out. I am not making any comments on our conversation pro or con.   

What NCAA rules did Mike Price break to get fired at Alabama?

Razorbackers

Hambunctious

I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

oldhog63

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2017, 08:56:56 am
Here are the choices before Arkansas when it comes to the direction of the program in my opinion.

1. You stick with Bielema who may or may not ever win 9-10 games here but usually wins 7-8 and gets you to a bowl every year, runs a clean program that graduates players and provides a program that everyone can be proud of because we don't break a bunch of rules like some of our competition and you can just enjoy the game day experience with family and friends knowing that you may not ever contend for the SECCG.

2. You decide to throw the old model of conducting football business out the window, get as dirty as many other teams in the SEC in recruiting who compete at higher levels and take your lumps when you land on probation and get your name dragged through the mud in the national media. At this point, you don't give a hoot if Arkansas has any integrity or not as long as they are winning 9 to 13 or 14 games every year.

3. You decide to change to a HC with a different philosophy that runs the HUNH, throw it all over the field style of offense that requires you to outscore other teams in order to win and every game is a track meet. This requires more emphasis on offense and less on defense. Of course everyone will gripe when we lose because the defense wasn't there to help us. The upside is, you probably win more and sooner and it doesn't necessarily require top 20 recruiting classes in order to accomplish this. You still may not ever get to the SECCG, but you may win 1-2-3 more games each year than we are now.

That's what I see as our options.
I'll take door #3, Bob.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 11:05:58 pm
No, she's an idiot.
as is anyone subscribing to the 'shoulda kept Petrino' mantra
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.