Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So quiet on here after a blowout win.

Started by -Blu, January 25, 2014, 07:34:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

January 25, 2014, 07:34:53 pm Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:47:16 pm by Razorbacks#1
Good Game Hawgs!  Madden continues to get better each and every game and Gulley is really starting to find his role on this team.  Portis and Clarke have been consistent and taking rebounding seriously.  If we can get Qualls and Harris back into their groove I think we'll be able to get back on track and be in position for a tournament spot.

This next game against Mizzou is HUGE.  We need to throw out their road record, because this game is different Mizzou doesn't like us and we don't like them, they will be fired up and give 100% in this game, and their guards are capable of putting up big numbers.  We win against Mizz, then win 1 of 2 on the road in the next 3 games, and we're right back in the mix.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Dirty

The Mike Anderson haters have nothing to say!

HF#1

Both games with Mizzou are must wins IMO.  Was glad to see Qualls get a couple dunks.  He needs to move without the ball more in the half court.  He had a great chance for a wide open back door dunk but just stood there. 

If we get to 4-4 in conference, I will feel much better about the season.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ricepig

Well, to be honest, it was Auburn, but any game we don't lose in OT right now is good!

cardsNhogs

I always root for the hogs but opinions from those doubting this team getting it done does not change after a home win against the worst team in the SEC

-Blu

Quote from: Dirty on January 25, 2014, 07:36:16 pm

I know right, you figure if we can get 20+ new threads right after an OT loss to Georgia at Georgia, we'd at least get 10 new threads celebrating a blowout win and us getting back on track.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Dirty on January 25, 2014, 07:36:16 pm
You got that right. but don't worry, they all will be back after the next loss hating on Mike Anderson.

Atlhogfan1

:)
Quote from: twistitup on January 25, 2014, 07:35:49 pm
Quite understandable.

Quote from: -Blu on January 25, 2014, 07:34:53 pm
Good Game Hawgs!  Madden continues to get better each and every game and Gulley is really starting to find his role on this team.  Portis and Clarke have been consistent and taking rebounding seriously.  If we can get Qualls and Harris back into their groove I think we'll be able to get back on track and be in position for a tournament spot.

This next game against Mizzou is HUGE.  We need to throw out their road record, because this game is different Mizzou doesn't like us and we don't like them, they will be fired up and give 100% in this game, and their guards are capable of putting up big numbers.  We win against Mizz, then win 1 of 2 on the road in the next 3 games, and we're right back in the mix.

We've never left the mix.  Today went as it should have.  It will be intense against Mizzou and the officials better get it under control early.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Big Nasty 34

Nice to see Qualls get those dunks as stated earlier. He had that old hop in his step after. A shame it happened so late in the game. HAVE to have him going here on out.

-Blu

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 25, 2014, 07:38:08 pm
I always root for the hogs but opinions from those doubting this team getting it done does not change after a home win against the worst team in the SEC

Very true Cards.  And I know your always consistent with your points and stance win or lose.  But, I just find it weird that people can point out everything a coach does wrong in an OT road loss and fill up the front page with why he needs to be fired,  you'd figure those same people can at least come on here and point out some positives they seen in an entertaining blow out win for their team.

thirtythree

What are you talking about. It was a HOME game against the worst team in the SEC.

We still need improvement in a lot of areas.

Let's start winning on the road before we start getting excited.

Dirty

Quote from: thirtythree on January 25, 2014, 07:42:28 pm
What are you talking about. It was a HOME game against the worst team in the SEC.

No one here said anything about being excited!  You are on cue.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: -Blu on January 25, 2014, 07:41:45 pm
Very true Cards.  And I know your always consistent with your points and stance win or lose.  But, I just find it weird that people can point out everything a coach does wrong in an OT road loss and fill up the front page with why he needs to be fired,  you'd figure those same people can at least come on here and point out some positives they seen in an entertaining blow out win for their team.
I usually post after win or loss. I doubt MA I don't think he is a great coach but I'm rooting for him and the hogs like crazy every game. I think so many get so frustrated after a tough loss they just need to vent and let other hog fans know they aren't happy.

Maddhog

I was QUITE underwhelmed with the QUIET crowd.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Hawg Red

Many thought a double digit win to be a foregone conclusion. Even the haters, probably. There's honestly not really a whole lot to talk about. This was just a "take care of business win" at home. The only reason story is that we finally didn't play down to their level this year.

thirtythree

Quote from: Dirty on January 25, 2014, 07:44:01 pm
No one here said anything about being excited!  You are on cue.

The OP started this thread looking for it. I am happy for the win, but we have been here many times before just to go on the road and have a let down.

JFTR, I am not a MA hater and want him to succeed.

forrest city joe

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 25, 2014, 07:38:08 pm
How about after the home win over KY 's 6 or 7 five stars? a lot of the haters did not show up that night either. any win the Hogs get in sec play is a good win. if the haters come out when we lose. they need to come out when we win.

hawgmasta

We definitely should have won and I am very glad we did. Let's get some confidence and beat missouri; that would be great. 

Mike Anderson may not readily admit it but he wants to beat them as bad as we want them to.

-Blu

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 25, 2014, 07:45:29 pm
I usually post after win or loss. I doubt MA I don't think he is a great coach but I'm rooting for him and the hogs like crazy every game. I think so many get so frustrated after a tough loss they just need to vent and let other hog fans know they aren't happy.

Yea I get it, I'm not saying your like that, not talking about you at all.  But, just don't get those that claim to be a "fan" of a team, but when we lose "There done with the Coach" "This is the last game there watching" "We're Bad" "Hawg Ball is dead" and all of that.  But, after a win they are no where to be found.

That's like being at the game, and when we make good plays don't cheer, but then soon as we hit a slump or play bad you start booing your own team, doesn't make sense to me.  You would think people would be more excited to cheer for their team than to be negative about them.

Pork Twain

There is not a lot of MA hate on here.  Just frustration...  We still need to win some road games against teams like Auburn.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

forrest city joe

code red

Yep....I gotta say nothing like beating a 0 fer at home.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

nextlevel

Quote from: -Blu on January 25, 2014, 07:41:45 pm

This team has done a much better job against a zone than they have in the two years prior.

I've actually been surprised at the little amount of zone we've faced in SEC play.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

nextlevel

Quote from: BeoPig™ on January 25, 2014, 07:52:41 pm
There is not a lot of MA hate on here.  Just frustration...  We still need to win some road games against teams like Auburn.

I'll check the record, but pretty sure he's been doing just that.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

forrest city joe

You sound really upset after this win. speaks for itself folks.

-Blu

Who said get excited?  I was just saying it's a lil quite around here after a win that breaks a 2 game losing slide.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

popcornhog

Quote from: -Blu on January 25, 2014, 07:34:53 pm

Well it wasnt quite a blowout. It stayed relatively close until the end.

Still, we closed well.

Wanna know why it's not quite loud in here? It was a home game against a bad team. It'll blow up around here if we can win at Baton Rouge.
WPS

cardsNhogs

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 25, 2014, 07:46:21 pm
How about after the home win over KY 's 6 or 7 five stars? a lot of the haters did not show up that night either. any win the Hogs get in sec play is a good win. if the haters come out when we lose. they need to come out when we win.
Big win and emotional win which made the following two road losses even tougher. We won at home last year against all the big boys as well.

Hihog

My two cents= Always feels good to WIN!!!

Red Tusk

They were who we thought they were..and we didn't let them off the hook!! LOL

GO HOGS
If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

nextlevel

Quote from: popcornhog on January 25, 2014, 07:56:44 pm
Wanna know why it's not quite loud in here? It was a home game against a bad team. It'll blow up around here if we can win at Baton Rouge.

It won't.

It will if the LSU trip results in a loss, instead of bumping the threads, the same posters will start new ones saying the same things.

ell oh ell

Dirty

So the ones that hate on Mike because of a loss but cannot say anything positive with a win even with a win over Auburn.  Tells me their minds are made up.

Positives from tonight;

Bobby played good in the first.
Madden played great!
Bell hit some good shots tonight
Qualls finally did some good things.

-Blu

Quote from: nextlevel on January 25, 2014, 07:54:01 pm
This team has done a much better job against a zone than they have in the two years prior.

I've actually been surprised at the little amount of zone we've faced in SEC play.

Yea, we actually seem to do really well in zones.  Also helps when our guys are penetrating and shooting well, which is what they did tonight.  The adjustment I was most impressed with was when those 2 guards on Auburn brought the game within 8, we made an adjustment to the 1-2-2 zone with Qualls in front, from that time on Auburn couldn't get in the lane and just settled for 3's and contested jumpers, we were able to make our push after that and close them out.  Felt very good to see our team protect a lead and comfortable close a team out.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: -Blu on January 25, 2014, 07:50:15 pm
Yea I get it, I'm not saying your like that, not talking about you at all.  But, just don't get those that claim to be a "fan" of a team, but when we lose "There done with the Coach" "This is the last game there watching" "We're Bad" "Hawg Ball is dead" and all of that.  But, after a win they are no where to be found.

That's like being at the game, and when we make good plays don't cheer, but then soon as we hit a slump or play bad you start booing your own team, doesn't make sense to me.  You would think people would be more excited to cheer for their team than to be negative about them.
I've got friends that get upset and say they are done and won't watch another game until we are top 25 and etc.. After every loss and then they watch the next game. Those fans for the most part wanna win badly just get really frustrated with losses.

revolution

Madden, Portis, Clark, Gulley and Kingsley played well. Jacorey gave some decent minutes as did Kikko. I did notice it seemed like Madden and Portis were pulled when they had it going.  Very curious and it led both times to stagnation. But Auburn can't take advantage. Our defense was also suspect, but still glad for the fairly comfortable win. Congrats Hogs!

nextlevel

Quote from: Dirty on January 25, 2014, 07:58:35 pm
So the ones that hate on Mike because of a loss but cannot say anything positive with a win even with a win over Auburn.  Tells me their minds are made up.

Positives from tonight;

Madden played great!

You can add Kingsley didn't find himself out of position, as often, on the defensive end and brought contribution to the offense (contribution does not necessarily mean points). He is rapidly improving.

Harris showed he does know where the blocks are in the lane, a couple times.

ell oh ell

Kevin

Portis dominated the paint early
Madden was a stud
Kingsley keeps getting better
Gulley did his thing

Took care of business tonight
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

DEVIL DOG HOG

BWA + Auburn = Blowout

Now if we could play the football in BWA.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Dirty on January 25, 2014, 07:58:35 pm

Positives from tonight;

Madden played great!
Great post. + 1000. he hit the nail on the head man.

-Blu

Quote from: popcornhog on January 25, 2014, 07:56:44 pm
Well it wasnt quite a blowout. It stayed relatively close until the end.

Still, we closed well.

So, my question to you is why would it blow up if we lost to Auburn?  I guarantee you, if we lost this game, you wouldn't even be able to post in this thread, because every time you click send a new post would be made, because everyone would be done with this program, Mike Anderson would be named the worst coach in Arkansas history, and hawg ball would be dead for the 7th time this year.

All I'm saying is that's backwards thinking, we should have more posts celebrating a win, than a loss.  We had more people posting and upset about us losing on the road in Tennessee to a team just outside the top 50 RPI, than we did people celebrating our wins over Minnesota and SMU, which are both top 50 RPI teams.

Wild Bill Hog

A win is always a good thing.  Some of us aren't real excited by roller coaster rides though.  Also, it was a home game against a very pitiful team.

Hawg Red

Quote from: PaGrape on January 25, 2014, 08:04:21 pm
BWA + Auburn = Blowout

Now if we could play the football in BWA.

Average margin of victory in the 4 wins vs Auburn previous to this one in BWA was 5.75 points. We hadn't beaten them by double digits since 2008.

root_hawg

A win is a win but cmon this was Auburn...perhaps the worse team in America for all the power conferences

nextlevel

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 25, 2014, 08:09:03 pm
Average margin of victory in the 4 wins vs Auburn previous to this one in BWA was 5.75 points. We hadn't beaten them by double digits since 2008.

Feels like longer than that.

Feels like no matter how good we are how good they aren't, they would come into BWA hit 20 threes and make it a game.

ell oh ell

Hawg Red

Quote from: nextlevel on January 25, 2014, 08:10:55 pm
Feels like longer than that.

Feels like no matter how good we are how good they aren't, they would come into BWA hit 20 threes and make it a game.

No doubt.

Luckily, we'd almost always squeeze out a win. On the road, too.

nextlevel

Quote from: root_hawg on January 25, 2014, 08:09:35 pm
A win is a win but cmon this was Auburn...perhaps the worse team in America for all the power conferences

I guess, but Boston College and Clemson must be feeling awful about their losses to Auburn, while Carolina is trying to figure out how to catch up to them in the number of wins this year.

ell oh ell

-Blu

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 25, 2014, 08:00:29 pm
I've got friends that get upset and say they are done and won't watch another game until we are top 25 and etc.. After every loss and then they watch the next game. Those fans for the most part wanna win badly just get really frustrated with losses.

Think your just proved my point there, we got a lot of "fans" that are just here for the good times.  They don't want any part of the rebuilding process or growing pains.

Me personally I feel better knowing I supported the team through thick or thin, it makes it that much more sweet when we reach our goal.  I'm a hardcore Memphis grizzlies fan, I've been a fan of them since they moved to Memphis, and my dad took me to the opening game at the Pyramid when they first got there, I was 13 then, and watched most of their games since then.  Just last year, was the first time we made serious progress and made the WCF, man I can't tell you how good that felt.  Me and my buddies went to the playoff games up there and it felt like a dream.  To me, that's what being a fan is about, you feel invested in a team and feel like you've been through everything with them.  I don't understand how you can claim to be a fan, if your just there for the good times, I don't get how you can feel "apart of it".