Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remaining Schedule Predictions

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 25, 2014, 11:38:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

Currently @ 13-6: where do you think we end up?

Tue, Jan 28     Missouri          Fayetteville, Ark.      6:00 p.m.       ESPNU
Sat, Feb 01     LSU                 Baton Rouge, La.      4:00 p.m.       ESPNU
Wed, Feb 05     Alabama      Fayetteville, Ark.      7:00 p.m.       SEC Network
Sat, Feb 08     Vanderbilt    Nashville, Tenn.              3:00 p.m.       SEC Network
Thu, Feb 13     Missouri       Columbia, Mo.              6:00 p.m.       ESPN or ESPN2
Sat, Feb 15     LSU             Fayetteville, Ark.      4:00 p.m.       ESPNU
Wed, Feb 19     South Carolina    Fayetteville, Ark.      8:00 p.m.       CSS
Sat, Feb 22     Miss State    Starkville, Miss.              3:00 p.m.       SEC Network
Thu, Feb 27     Kentucky     Lexington, Kent.      6:00 p.m.       ESPN or ESPN2
Sat, Mar 01     Georgia            Fayetteville, Ark.      3:00 p.m.       SEC Network
Wed, Mar 05     Ole Miss       Fayetteville, Ark.      7:00 p.m.       ESPN3
Sat, Mar 08     Alabama      Tuscaloosa, Ala.      3:00 p.m.       ESPN3
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

razorbackchamps94

Lose all the road games and win all home games ..

slobberinhog

They have to win a road game somewhere, someday.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: slobberinhog on January 26, 2014, 12:06:01 am
They have to win a road game somewhere, someday.

I'm surprise FCJ hasn't launched into a tirade against the SEC for taking a road game against Aubie away this year.

Hot_Town_Hog

Next week is huge, and will give us a better idea of how the season will play out. First, we have to take care of Mizzou Tuesday night. We should win the game, but it won't be easy. While LSU would not be my pick for top 3 road wins we should get, it is also a game we really need to win. We win at LSU and get the monkey off our back, and we will win at least 2 more road games, probably out of Miss State, Bama, Vandy, and Mizzou.

I think the team is learning from all of these close losses, and when we break-thru with a win and gain confidence, we will win at least 2 more road games. There is talent on this team, especially compared to most of the teams left on our schedule. Also think this team really wants to win, as opposed to some of the teams we had in the past.

Breems

Missouri
@LSU
Alabama
@Vanderbilt
@Missouri
LSU
South Carolina
@Miss State
@Kentucky
Georgia
Ole Miss
@Alabama

20-11/9-9

Worst case: Subtract the win @Starkville. 19-12/8-10 (0 road wins). No postseason. Failure of a season.
Realistic case: 20-11/9-9 as posted above (1 road win). No postseason. Disappointing season.
Slightly optimistic case: Add one of @LSU, @Bama, and @Vanderbilt. 21-10/10-8 (2 road wins). NIT quite possible. OK season at best.
Optimistic case: Add two of @LSU, @Bama, and @Vanderbilt. 22-9/11-7 (3 road wins). Bubble (low end?)/NIT lock. Pretty decent turnaround.
Rick Schaeffer: Add @LSU, @Bama, and @Vanderbilt. 23-8/12-6. NCAAT lock. Excellent turnaround/season.

Postseason play will of course be influenced heavily by the SECT. I'm so freaking sick of first-round exits. Really hope we can advance a round or two this year.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

High Octane Hog

6-6. Sweet 16 next year, mark it down BAAABY!

Pig Worshipper

I say 6-6 as well. We need some Road Warriors for next season if we're going to turn our program around.

rlreev01

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on January 25, 2014, 11:38:50 pm
Currently @ 13-6: where do you think we end up?

Tue, Jan 28     Missouri          Fayetteville, Ark.      6:00 p.m.       ESPNU
Sat, Feb 01     LSU                 Baton Rouge, La.      4:00 p.m.       ESPNU
Wed, Feb 05     Alabama      Fayetteville, Ark.      7:00 p.m.       SEC Network
Sat, Feb 08     Vanderbilt    Nashville, Tenn.              3:00 p.m.       SEC Network
Thu, Feb 13     Missouri       Columbia, Mo.              6:00 p.m.       ESPN or ESPN2
Sat, Feb 15     LSU             Fayetteville, Ark.      4:00 p.m.       ESPNU
Wed, Feb 19     South Carolina    Fayetteville, Ark.      8:00 p.m.       CSS
Sat, Feb 22     Miss State    Starkville, Miss.              3:00 p.m.       SEC Network
Thu, Feb 27     Kentucky     Lexington, Kent.      6:00 p.m.       ESPN or ESPN2
Sat, Mar 01     Georgia            Fayetteville, Ark.      3:00 p.m.       SEC Network
Wed, Mar 05     Ole Miss       Fayetteville, Ark.      7:00 p.m.       ESPN3
Sat, Mar 08     Alabama      Tuscaloosa, Ala.      3:00 p.m.       ESPN3

For Arkansas to go to NCAA, which anything else is a disapointment, we must win all home games and win At Baton Rouge, Nashville, Starkville, and Tucaloosa.  Basically, we cannot lose but two more games, and they are on the road at Kentucky and at Missouri.  It can be done but it is highly unlikely.

The_Iceman

I don't like how we just assume we are going to beat teams like Mizzou at home. We can be beat at home.

Kevin

Quote from: Breems on January 26, 2014, 01:56:44 am
Missouri
@LSU
Alabama
@Vanderbilt
@Missouri
LSU
South Carolina
@Miss State
@Kentucky
Georgia
Ole Miss
@Alabama

20-11/9-9

Worst case: Subtract the win @Starkville. 19-12/8-10 (0 road wins). No postseason. Failure of a season.
Realistic case: 20-11/9-9 as posted above (1 road win). No postseason. Disappointing season.
Slightly optimistic case: Add one of @LSU, @Bama, and @Vanderbilt. 21-10/10-8 (2 road wins). NIT quite possible. OK season at best.
Optimistic case: Add two of @LSU, @Bama, and @Vanderbilt. 22-9/11-7 (3 road wins). Bubble (low end?)/NIT lock. Pretty decent turnaround.
Rick Schaeffer: Add @LSU, @Bama, and @Vanderbilt. 23-8/12-6. NCAAT lock. Excellent turnaround/season.

Postseason play will of course be influenced heavily by the SECT. I'm so freaking sick of first-round exits. Really hope we can advance a round or two this year.
a great breakdown. totally agree
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hog1966

Win the rest of our home games. Loses at Kent and Mizzou, one road win at either of the other four remaining road games.

cardsNhogs

Win out at Home and win 1 road game. Disappointing

Hog1966

QuoteWin out at Home and win 1 road game. Disappointing

It really is because, other than Kent and Mizzou, IMHO this team has the potential to win all 4 of the other road games.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Hog1966 on January 26, 2014, 09:50:36 am
It really is because, other than Kent and Mizzou, IMHO this team has the potential to win all 4 of the other road games.
I think we should def win at Vandy and miss st. LSU and Alabama are little tougher but winnable. I just think we win 1 though and maybe 0

secfan30

I feel all we need is s road win, other than Auburn, where we held on to a late lead to get us over the hump. At some point in time it has became a mental problem.

Hawgdrummer7

I'm gunna say 21-10 going into the SECT. We win out at home, and have our first road win to open up the gates to some more. I can't see the road woes being anything more than a mental issue.

Can't our guys get some practice in in another gym while we wait for our new practice facility to be built? I'm sure somebody in NWA would be more than willing to help with that. Also, would that help?
Woo Pig Drum

Breems

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 26, 2014, 10:03:22 am
I think we should def win at Vandy and miss st. LSU and Alabama are little tougher but winnable. I just think we win 1 though and maybe 0

I severely doubt we win @Vandy.

The SEC conference season has just been one big mess that makes it impossible to predict anything, but any Razorback not named Rotnei/Sanchez sucks in that gym. Stallings seems to be one of the best in the SEC at exploiting our pressure defense. They always seem to shoot wide-open 3s during the entire game.

Blutoblutarsky

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 26, 2014, 10:03:22 am

Lol, Vandy just slaughtered A&M by double digits on the road. We lost by 16/17 at College Station.

Breems

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on January 26, 2014, 10:39:08 am
Lol, Vandy just slaughtered A&M by double digits on the road. We lost by 16/17 at College Station.

And Florida only beat Auburn by 7 at home. We beat them by 19.

Margin of victory is a quick and dirty stat that is rarely relevant.

TheRazorback500

Bud Light prediction: we find it and go 11-1, with only a close loss to Kentucky.
Realistic prediction-10-8. Surely we've matured enough to win two on the road..
Do you wanna get Rocked?

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on January 26, 2014, 10:39:08 am
I'm didn't say we would win because I honesty don't know if we will win a single road game. Vandy is not very good though and A&M is proving to be what we thought which is bottom of SEC. I think Of the remaining schedule Bama and LSU will be tougher road wins than Miss St and Vandy. This team will not win any of them prolly though so it don't matter.

-Blu

Still holding 10-8 prediction, possibly 11-7

I'm with Iceman though, we don't need to assume Mizz is a win.  They are going to be fired up for us.  It's going to be a game that comes down to the last few possessions IMO.  I think we'll win at least 2 road games though.  Out of Vandy, LSU, Alabama, Miss, I believe with the progress we've been making we can get 2 of those.

gmarv

if we could ever get one on the road, the road would
just look a little easier. we are gonna get 3 on the road
we will win out at home.