Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any good ideas for honeymoon? Budget 3 to 5k

Started by mj4president, January 05, 2012, 10:37:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

HawgWild

Got any likes/dislikes? What time of year? Looking to kick back?

ChrisD

Sandals all inclusive resorts are pretty awesome.

mj4president

I heard sandals places aren't very good. How you been to one? I like to just kick back fwiw.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Dillar Dog

Mena sounds nice.  You'd probably even have enough left to spend a weekend in Waldron too.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Might as well blow it out while you're at it.

Dillar Dog

HuntinHog

You want a beach? ski? gamble? party?  5K can be plenty as long as you get good plane tickets and you won't have to settle for Branson.

Uh oh, just noticed the "nm".  That's never a good sign for a topic like this!

cosmodrum

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 06, 2012, 09:04:53 am
You mean add Mansfield to the trip?

I was thinking Gravelly, but that's a real nice place, too.
Go away, batin'

ChrisD

January 06, 2012, 09:52:34 am #10 Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:55:10 am by ChrisD
I was at Sandals five years ago. The onsite service was impeccable. Food was good...5 restaurants to choose from plus a pool side bar/burger place. Premium spirits at all bars and in room included. Mini bar in room has mixers and snacks included. We were at the one in Nassau. The beach wasn't that great onsite but they have a small island across the way with boats running all day that is quintessential Caribbean beach. Food and drinks available on island also. I have been to Cancun, Cozumel, Florida, etc.... Sandals was by far the most memorable. I think it was about $2500.00 pp. Oh and no kids.
I would say either do Sandals or go all out on the Mena/Mansfield trip.

cosmodrum

Just find a Caribbean destination that has a nice beach and is all-inclusive.

The all-inclusive part is a must.
Go away, batin'

Dillar Dog

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 06, 2012, 09:50:34 am
I was thinking Gravelly, but that's a real nice place, too.

It hasn't been the same since mrs o'bryant died and her store/community center/news center closed.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 06, 2012, 10:11:48 am
It hasn't been the same since mrs o'bryant died and her store/community center/news center closed.

That sucks. It was bad enough when they closed the swim-up bar at Earl's Pond.
Go away, batin'

Dillar Dog

mj4president

cosmodrum

Quote from: mj4president on January 06, 2012, 10:26:19 am
How many nights would yall suggest?

A week or so. 6 days/7 nights, something like that.
Go away, batin'

Dillar Dog

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Dillar Dog

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Dillar Dog

cosmodrum

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 06, 2012, 10:46:51 am
That was my grandmother.

My in laws are from Mena so I've been through there a time or two. The last time I drove through was the day of the Vandy game last season. Had to go to Mena Ford and pick up some tires. My wife's uncle owns the place, so I can get overpriced tires that I don't need and make payments.

Also, I saw about 5 deer just in Gravelly alone. God's country, man.
Go away, batin'

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 06, 2012, 09:04:53 am
You mean add Mansfield to the trip?

We're talkin' honemoon here, not the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous."

Shag66

Hogger

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: Hogger on January 06, 2012, 03:34:50 pm
Europe trips are getting cheaper.

Maybe so, but you've still got to deal with all those Europeans.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on January 06, 2012, 08:46:48 am
Go to Mena.  Save your money.
take the Mena Airport Tour, will tell ya all you need to know about drug smuggling and the Clinton years......$17.50 tops!

PP

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Shag66

Air fare is the killer.   

I was looking at a Med. Cruise and the air fare was a lot higher than it was last year.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Shag66 on January 07, 2012, 08:46:50 am
Air fare is the killer.   

I was looking at a Med. Cruise and the air fare was a lot higher than it was last year.

have you checked on one of the all inclusive lines?  Most of those included air fare.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Shag66

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 07, 2012, 09:02:30 am
have you checked on one of the all inclusive lines?  Most of those included air fare.

I need to do that.  Which lines do you recommend?  I know you enjoyed your cruise last year.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Shag66 on January 07, 2012, 12:58:18 pm
I need to do that.  Which lines do you recommend?  I know you enjoyed your cruise last year.

HiM's in-laws took a Caribbean cruise with Regent Seven Seas 2-3 weeks ago and he said he find out what they thought about it and get back with me.  The one we took last year was the Paul Gauguin but they are only in the south Pacific and that's a pain to get to.  The Paul Gauguin was once part of Regent so that's the reason we're trying them.  The dress code is a little more relaxed than Silver Seas and that's appealing to us.

Tentatively, we're in the process of putting something together with Regent for November this year in the Caribbean and if we like it as well as we expect to, we'll do Alaska with them in 2013.  Kid you not Shag, the smaller, all inclusive ships are the way to go.  Try one and you'll be hooked.

BTW, the egg bit me today.  Did a couple porterhouses today and thought I'd burped it.  Guess I hadn't.   Singed hair off up past the elbow.

Shag66

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 07, 2012, 06:26:28 pm
HiM's in-laws took a Caribbean cruise with Regent Seven Seas 2-3 weeks ago and he said he find out what they thought about it and get back with me.  The one we took last year was the Paul Gauguin but they are only in the south Pacific and that's a pain to get to.  The Paul Gauguin was once part of Regent so that's the reason we're trying them.  The dress code is a little more relaxed than Silver Seas and that's appealing to us.

Tentatively, we're in the process of putting something together with Regent for November this year in the Caribbean and if we like it as well as we expect to, we'll do Alaska with them in 2013.  Kid you not Shag, the smaller, all inclusive ships are the way to go.  Try one and you'll be hooked.

BTW, the egg bit me today.  Did a couple porterhouses today and thought I'd burped it.  Guess I hadn't.   Singed hair off up past the elbow.

I'll look into Regent!

and yeah, I've had the flames bite me too!  LOL

Nothing like a 600 degree flame to make that steak sing though!

mhuff

Quote from: Shag66 on January 06, 2012, 03:12:28 pm
Take a Carribean Cruise  7 days...

I was checking on a Carribean cruise a month ago leaving from New Orleans for two. Port fees paid...was gonna cost like $900. That does not include excursions. It did include parking fees for a week.

byvark

Canadian Rockies....Banff/Jasper area during the springtime would be beautiful and still cool, visit Calgary and Edmonton.  Or, stay at an English golf course outside of London area (loved the little town of Tamworth), ride train into London, walk around and see the sights, and then drive up into the Scottish Highlands and visit Edinburgh.
I bleed Razorback Red...how about you?  If you are not PASSIONATE about being a HOG fan, what's the deal?

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

jacobp

Transportation costs would still eat up almost half that budget, at least. 
Flew to Switzerland in November for my honeymoon, which is considered the offseason, booked our tickets 8 months in advance and they were still around $2000 total.

DeltaBoy

March 01, 2012, 01:22:48 pm #38 Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:17:02 pm by DeltaBoy
Hot Springs.  for a Thousand dollars Lanny will be you tour guide for 2 days.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Chief Mac

Sandals is still 65% off with airfare....that's where I went (Bahamas, Royal Bahamian concierge package)
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

jabberjawls

For my honeymoon a few years ago, we went to Maui.  I have also been to Oahu and my next Hawaiian trip will be to Kauai.  I loved Hawaii and can't wait to go back.  For your honeymoon you should make it something special like Hawaii.  And you can have a great time on your budget, too.

Hedgehog79

I can't believe that the obvious has not been stated. Don't get married. Blow the 5k on yourself, invest the money you would have spent On the wedding and divorce and you can thank me for my advice later.

Boarcephus

You could always take a different approach...30 something years ago we took the money we were going to blow on a honeymoon and bought a washer and dryer and honeymooned in Tulsa.  Not very glamorous but was darned practical for us.

UhOhioHog

We are headed to Secrets Maroma Beach in Playa this July. Excellent reviews on TA. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.