Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How will a coaching change hurt our signees ?

Started by HogNiner12, February 10, 2011, 06:46:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogNiner12

Just wondered who signed because of the school or the coach ? Losing BJ would be very serious !!! That type of player doesn't come along very often !!

jbcarol

A positive coaching change will help the signees through visibility.  Winning and winning playing exciting ball will get you on TV.  Making the tournament will get you on TV.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

GreenwayTigerHog

Why would any recruit want to play for Pel at this point?  Seriously you have to think every one of them have to be reconsidering their decisions right now... if they are paying any attention at all. 

OTTER

I don't think it will matter if Pel isn't there. These players are smart enough to realize what poor coaching is and they should want to play for a coach who can get them good exposure, coach them to quality wins, and help them get to the next leval.  If that's not what they want and if Arkansas isn't going to provide that type of coach for them, then it's best if they go.  Besides, they chose to sign with Pel, just think how excited they'll be when we hire a good coach for them!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HogNiner12

But do you think they will want to play for another unproven coach ? I think we will have to hire someone with a proven record !!

Nosboar Accubond

It doesn't matter

How many kids has Pel recruited?
How many quit/transferred?

Exactly, signing the top class in the country doesn't mean:
1. they will stick around and deal with his crap
2. he can coach them

Trust me, BJ and Ky will go to another program before they deal with crap

Aaron and Hunter might last longer, but in the end they will be like Powell, fed up

All they really hope to do is be one and done anyway

snoutface

Right now they are UA signees.  Following the train wreck that is Pel ball, don't you think they are already questioning their decision and trying to determine an exit strategy.  If we are worried about them leaving if we fire Pel, why don't we release them from the LOI now.  Tell them there will not be a coaching change and see how many decide to remain Hogs.
Sometimes it's better for me to be quiet and let everybody believe I'm dumb as dirt, than to speak up and prove it.

GreenwayTigerHog

Quote from: HogNiner12 on February 10, 2011, 08:15:23 am
But do you think they will want to play for another unproven coach ? I think we will have to hire someone with a proven record !!

Agreed, the last 2 experiments with up & comers haven't worked out so well.  We have to go with a proven winner that will excite our commits.