Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How much will TJ Hammonds see the field in this offense?

Started by checkraiser88, December 07, 2017, 01:31:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

I think this guy could really be special if he was utilized!! #Uptempo, #Bringthehammer

emdavenp

He better get more than 3 touches.

Sarcasm aside, I'm sure he'll be on the field at least half of the time the offense is. I would assume he gets used alot for eye candy.

OtterHog

I said earlier I think TJ could easily be all conference if not all-American in this offense. Like 600-800 yards rushing and 600-800 receiving with double digit TD's

Corkscrew Johnson

Dr. (T)J carries that football like he is going to cradle dunk on Michael Cooper

TexasRazorback

He will see the ball in his hands alot. I personally see him as a slot/scat back. May lineup in the back field next to qb in shotgun, may come in motion from the slot, but Morris will get him the ball in space rather than bielema running him between the tackles

GoHogzzGo

As much as that speedy little ball of awesome can humanly handle.

Great offensive guys know how to get the ball into the hands other playmakers regardless of position.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

GrizzlyRider07

The one that I think may be on the outside looking in is going to be Devwah unfortunately. With Chase and TJ this offense appears to fit them a lot better than it does for Whaley. I could be wrong but that's just my opinion.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

EconHawg

Quote from: TexasRazorback on December 07, 2017, 01:43:15 pm
He will see the ball in his hands alot. I personally see him as a slot/scat back. May lineup in the back field next to qb in shotgun, may come in motion from the slot, but Morris will get him the ball in space rather than bielema running him between the tackles

That was so frustrating. It felt like he ran the kid straight up the middle so he could tell all the fans wanting TJ to get more touches "See, I told you."

But I digress.

Its a new day and the hammer is down.

SooieGeneris

More than he has the last 2 years for sure!

He showed a burst on that run vs Coastal Carolina that we hadn't seen out of the backfield in a Hog uniform since Joe Adams took a pitch from the TB position 90 yards for a TD..

Hayden never broke one that long, but I think when rehabbed he will have that same sort of burst.

Jordan Jones showed vs Mizzou what he can be at WR. De'Vion Warren had that kick return vs Auburn.

We got a glimpse of Gragg at LSU. I don't think we've yet seen what Brandon Martin can do.

IMO Bielema was late to the party in realizing the speed it takes to win in the SEC. He finally recruited more of it in the 2015-16 classes.

You have to make big plays in modern football, you can't expect 12-15 play drives for TDs like BB wanted.

IMO there is more speed in the secondary than many think and it will start showing up on the field in 2018.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Billy Bats

hogsanity

As much as the OC wants him to be. Now on the field and getting touches are two very different things.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

SooieGeneris

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on December 07, 2017, 01:49:17 pm
The one that I think may be on the outside looking in is going to be Devwah unfortunately. With Chase and TJ this offense appears to fit them a lot better than it does for Whaley. I could be wrong but that's just my opinion.

CM wants to run 80 plays or more per game and be pretty balanced between run/pass. Those scatbacks will be utilized more and in better ways, but can't handle 20 carries each vs SEC teams IMO.

I look for Whaley to be used kind of like Wayne Gallman was at Clemson in 2016, running between the tackles to keep defenses honest and hit the edges with Hayden and Hammonds.

There still should be enough carries to go around although there will be more QB runs also.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Piggfoot

To be effective TJ will need to improve his blocking and in between the tackles running.
People will be on the look out for him on the outside.
He reminds me of Ronnie Wingo. The play may have been designed for inside and Wingo bounced outside. I believe Hammonds did that too often.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

GrizzlyRider07

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 07, 2017, 02:00:43 pm
CM wants to run 80 plays or more per game and be pretty balanced between run/pass. Those scatbacks will be utilized more and in better ways, but can't handle 20 carries each vs SEC teams IMO.

I look for Whaley to be used kind of like Wayne Gallman was at Clemson in 2016, running between the tackles to keep defenses honest and hit the edges with Hayden and Hammonds.

There still should be enough carries to go around although there will be more QB runs also.
I'm just going off what he said about having a 2 back system. So if he's only using two backs, who gets left out?
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

ManBeast

I'm going to guess that TJ sees the ball way more than he was. Morris said "If you don't have speed you're chasing speed."

Folks, we have some speed on that team. Jordan Jones, D. Warren, TJ Hammonds. Dem boys can fly!