Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Being Prepared

Started by Hogindasticks, December 07, 2017, 12:27:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

I hope he is more prepared on the field than he was in the press conference this morning...didn't know the AD or the prior Coach's name....smh.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 07, 2017, 12:27:24 pm
I hope he is more prepared on the field than he was in the press conference this morning...didn't know the AD or the prior Coach's name....smh.

Didn't know who long or Bielema were?  Even after Bielema said good luck and congrats publicly?

Craig O Squeal

You say "Yurachek" for the first time on camera in front of people and let's see how it goes. Football is the easy part. That's the muscle memory. I'm sure the man is also going on little sleep and it's been a whirlwind. Let's put the pitchforks up for a minute.

rzrbkman

You are incorrect. He fully knew CBB's name but after trying to say it correctly for 5 years l still start to say it incorrectly at times and there are many fans who never have said it correctly. Coach Morris immediately apologized. I did not hear him call the AD by the wrong name. What did Coach Morris say?

hogfan446

Life must suck for you being this bitter. #butthurt

pigiron66

Haven't done much public speaking have you? It's not like he has had weeks to prepare a statement. It happens sometimes.

pghawg1

why is people Bitching about everything.   Did you bitch at coach Bobby Petrino's 1st press conference when he said Coach Frank   BROYLE instead of Coach Frank BROYLES.

Hugo Bezdek

Bielema and Yurachek? I can't imagine anyone stumbling with those two.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: hogfan446 on December 07, 2017, 12:36:38 pm
Life must suck for you being this bitter. #butthurt

Not hurting at all.....just read people for what they do and who they are.....I saw a lot of Flags in prior games at SMU.....makes me think that maybe things go a little too fast for him sometimes which could cause someone not to be the best prepared for any situation that he may see in SEC play.

BallHog1

Quote from: pghawg1 on December 07, 2017, 12:40:18 pm
why is people Bitching about everything.   Did you bitch at coach Bobby Petrino's 1st press conference when he said Coach Frank   BROYLE instead of Coach Frank BROYLES.
Its the way things are right now in this country. Everyone is looking for something to be mad about. I think its a reflection of our leadership and its gotten old real fast. People need to suck it up and quit complaining.

Michaelt

Nerves, lack of sleep, excitement about the new position...lot of factors that could play into him not having all the names correct.

I'll give him a pass on that.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

hogfan446

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 07, 2017, 12:42:26 pm
Not hurting at all.....just read people for what they do and who they are.....I saw a lot of Flags in prior games at SMU.....makes me think that maybe things go a little too fast for him sometimes which could cause someone not to be the best prepared for any situation that he may see in SEC play.

You have no idea what you are "reading".  Maybe he was a little nervous... have you ever been?  You are just picking things apart because you haven't been happy from the minute this guy was hired.  Let's see how many more threads you post in to try and get your point across.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: hogfan446 on December 07, 2017, 12:45:06 pm
You have no idea what you are "reading".  Maybe he was a little nervous... have you ever been?  You are just picking things apart because you haven't been happy from the minute this guy was hired.  Let's see how many more threads you post in to try and get your point across.

Not true at all....simply stating what I see.

Redhogs

Stop..he was not my choice either, but this is stupid. Gotta give him a chance.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

AirWarren

HAHA.

Billy Bats

You're the worst.

geauxhawgs

I feel sorry for you.

hogfan446

If we could get rid of garbage threads like this it would be much easier to scroll down the boards and not have 30 seconds of our lives stolen from us.

bjeffersonhog

Yet he managed to know how many conference championships we had in our history,  what year we won the national championship, and other facts that require being prepared.... But that doesn't really support your negative attitude now does it.

Hog10S

Dude, remember this has been a whirlwind deal here and he has a million things on his mind regarding the football team.  It's hard enough giving a speech when fully prepared, much less when you barely had time to sit for a minute.  You want to answer the questions, you have some key points you want to make and you are always thinking about whether you've made all your points yet or not while talking. On top of that he is probably thinking about calls he has to future staff members, who he may keep on staff, what recruits he needs to contact, etc.  The important stuff for his future stability at the job.  Mispronouncing a couple of names and/or getting tongue tied a time or two is not only natural, but expected in these situations. 

Give the guy a break.  Wasn't my first choice, but I like what he is saying he wants to do.  It you are an alumni or an Arkansas native, give the guy a chance before you complain about every tiny thing he does that you would have liked to have seen better.  It is a small person who just puts down others at every chance they get. Don't be that guy.  Give him a chance.  A couple years from now, if we haven't improved, are having player issues, etc. then feel free.  Until then, just count to 10 and try to not say anything.

TexasRazorback

He knows there names, You put anyone of us on that stage in the presser and I'm sure we will all be nervous too and have a few brain farts

LRHawg

To be fair, after 5 years people still mispronounced Bielema. I think he gets a pass.

Tyro3

What name were you using when you were banned?

jkstock04

I thought him saying Ba-li-ma was one of the highlights of the press conference.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 07, 2017, 12:46:07 pm
Not true at all....simply stating what I see.

Wait...so you "saw" being unprepared for SEC games cuz he botched two difficult names while thousands of people were hanging onto his every word? Impressive...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

elksnort

Quote from: Redhogs on December 07, 2017, 12:46:28 pm
Haha! You are coming around like many of the rest of us.

Good for you. I think if this coach can find a defense that is at least decent, the Razorbacks are going to win 8 games next season. This is an "if" though.

Some original posts make me think they are paid just to stir up some crap.

TXArcher

Heck, lot of folks here couldn't spell Bret's first name, give the guy a break.

snf6278

It'd be nice to go back to October 6th, you know, the day before you registered. Your narrative is getting old. If it's so bad and the UofA is such a screw up go find a new team! I figure you'll be gone soon enough.

FutureMan

This is really unfair.  He knew the names, he just stumbled over them.  I think we can all relate to that when we are public speaking.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Grunt

With all that is new to him, why would those names be of paramount importance?
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Mjs84

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on December 07, 2017, 12:50:20 pm
Yet he managed to know how many conference championships we had in our history,  what year we won the national championship, and other facts that require being prepared.... But that doesn't really support your negative attitude now does it.

Ya, he's a numbers guy.  He won't be out there kissing boo boos either.  More concerned with the scoreboard than hurt feelings.  Heck of a guy!  I loved the presser. 

Hogindasticks

Quote from: TexasRazorback on December 07, 2017, 12:51:38 pm
He knows there names, You put anyone of us on that stage in the presser and I'm sure we will all be nervous too and have a few brain farts

LOL...put that look on your face that the AD had on his after the press...lol

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

The NewEra

If every ounce of energy was drained out of you, would you have enough energy to exist?  You're a real piece of work.

4me2know

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 07, 2017, 12:41:16 pm
Bielema and Yurachek? I can't imagine anyone stumbling with those two.

Coach John Smith did have some positives after all.

GringoHog

Please go away
"There are Lions, Tigers and Bears ,but there ain't but one Razorback!" - HDN The Great

waterboy

C'mon man

alohawg

Good grief, give the guy a break.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hogindasticks

Yeah..I know..I know...he is a great guy...lol

hogfooey

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 07, 2017, 01:03:36 pm
LOL...put that look on your face that the AD had on his after the press...lol
Do you like the AD, or hate him , too?  He made a blunder as well.  Did you notice that?  Crap happens.  Not to get political, but we've had presidents goof on speeches throughout history.  By the way, the AD got SMU's record wrong when he said that they were 0-12 they year before CCM got there.  Give the guy a chance until there is a real reason to flame on him.  Go Hogs!!!!!!!!!
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

bomberman23

Who cares? He has is mind on other, more important things. Dumb thread.

Next1_04

Quote from: Redhogs on December 07, 2017, 12:46:28 pm

+1

Hogwaller

The next thing you know somebody will start an idiotic knit picking thread over something that doesn't matter.  8)

ATLHog

Quote from: Hogwaller on December 07, 2017, 01:14:28 pm
The next thing you know somebody will start an idiotic knit picking thread over something that doesn't matter.  8)
+1 to you

snoblind

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 07, 2017, 01:10:03 pm
Yeah..I know..I know...he is a great guy...lol

Hope you find those crayons.  Sad reading posts by folks who don't have a full box.

ambien_sky

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 07, 2017, 12:42:26 pm

Your avatar picture is telling:  It tells me you are nothing but a troll 100%.  If Chad Morris starts winning next football season,  I doubt we hear anything from you.  I for one will not be responding to your drivel anymore, or giving you the attention you want as a troll.

farmhawg

Your a sad little person.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hobhog

Hogindasticks

Quote from: ambien_sky on December 07, 2017, 01:16:45 pm
Your avatar picture is telling:  It tells me you are nothing but a troll 100%.  If Chad Morris starts winning next football season,  I doubt we hear anything from you.  I for one will not be responding to your drivel anymore, or giving you the attention you want as a troll.

I hope CCM is successful....The kids deserve it.  I have my doubts if we don't get a legit DC in here.