Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bazzel on Finebaum...

Started by hogblitz, December 06, 2017, 03:45:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogblitz

Anyone see it?  He is usually really positive and upbeat.  He did not say anything really bad but it seemed as if he was not really impressed with the coach and AD hire.  Anyone else see this the same way?

bville_hog

theFlyingHog

Don't watch finebaum. My guess would be he feels like he's being cut out somewhat

1highhog

That's because Bazzel has been day dreaming of Gus for years to be coach here and it's hard for him to think of anyone else.

factchecker

Baz has been acting unhappy on the buzz the past couple of days.  It's probably because the AD isn't an Arkansan.  Baz made a weird statement about how central Arkansas had a glimmer of hope when Long was fired but now that the AD isn't an Arkansan that the hope was gone.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

YodaHog

He has to also be a little bitter about the AD/Coaching search overshadowing the Broyles Award.

Wildhog

Probably because no one likes him.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

311Hog

hogblitz

He was basically saying concerning Morris that half the fans are okay with the hire and the other half have no idea even who this guy is.  He was talking about how it was far from a splash hire.  Emphasized the importance of a good defensive staff with this hire. 

Uncommon

Because honestly this is almost a pure definition of a wait and see hire.  We've heard the talk, now can he walk the walk.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

N HOG

Don't you think in his wildest dreams he was waiting for the AD call?

Uncommon

Quote from: N HOG on December 06, 2017, 04:08:25 pm
Don't you think in his wildest dreams he was waiting for the AD call?
"Can I make a best athletic director trophy?"

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Sivad

Quote from: hogblitz on December 06, 2017, 03:45:00 pm
He did not say anything really bad but it seemed as if he was not really impressed with the coach and AD hire.
Why would he be.

LRHawg

Quote from: Uncommon on December 06, 2017, 03:56:12 pm
Because honestly this is almost a pure definition of a wait and see hire.   

311Hog

Because honestly this is almost a pure definition of a wait and see hire.  We've heard the talk, now can he walk the walk.

all hires are wait and see hires.

Potosihog

He also seems miffed because they didn't get input from him on coach or AD.

spiritof92

ballz2thewall

Quote from: factchecker on December 06, 2017, 03:51:37 pm
Baz has been acting unhappy on the buzz the past couple of days.  It's probably because the AD isn't an Arkansan.  Baz made a weird statement about how central Arkansas had a glimmer of hope when Long was fired but now that the AD isn't an Arkansan that the hope was gone.

they harped on that a bit this morning.

a lot of folks were heavily emotionally vested in the sacred kinship connection, it seems.
The rest of the frog.

razorbackfaninar

I have a ton of respect for DB and what he has done to draw a positive light to Arkansas Athletics. He is a good ambassador for the state.  A lot of times though it seems like his opinions are heavily drawn from his callers and the guests on his show.

If you have ever heard the callers on his show, or the guests they are not often the sharpest folks with the greatest football acumen and Bazzel seems like he can hear three callers call in a row call in that hate the hire, and he'll come out with the opinion that "wooooow everybody really is disappointed with this hire."  I wouldn't read too much into it.

Uncle Remus

While he does spend an inordinate amount of time in the tanning bed and on his hair each morning...Bazz is usually a very good ambassador for the state.  I think he's right on the fact the hire is not "slap yo mama" sexy.  That said...I think in 4 years time(had he stayed that long without being fired for cause), we would have had it up to our eyeballs with Kiffin, the "Sexy" hire.  Everyone wants to play the "look at the track record" card with Coach Morris, but somehow that same logic doesn't apply to Kiffin.  Besides one year of success at FAU, he was relieved of his duties during a national title run at Bama, was fired in an airport while with USC and not even allowed to fly home with the team, Al Davis wanted to steal his soul for the damage done to the "greatness of the Raiders", and Tennessee...well...let's just  say he was the beginning of the end there.  Through all that, the positive would have been that his hire would have generated more of a buzz nationally because he trolls people on Twitter.  How cute would that trolling have been had Nick Saban beaten us by 70 each year and still passing with time expiring?  It would have gotten old quickly!!!  I think Baz simply conveyed the feeling in the state right now, but it is time we lighten up a little bit and hold criticism until we can see a product on the field.  Besides, have you heard any of the media personalities the last few days...this search has worn them all down.  Let's cut him a break for a few days anyway.  8) 

Uncommon

Quote from: 311Hog on December 06, 2017, 04:13:41 pm
This is true.  I guess I brought the Captain Obvious take.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Potosihog on December 06, 2017, 04:14:02 pm
He also seems miffed because they didn't get input from him on coach or AD.

Every third caller all day long is indignant that they didn't ask for Bazzel's input on the new coach because he has so much knowledge of assistant coaches from the Broyles Award. I guess after he hears it so many time he start's to think they are right.

ricepig

bphi11ips

Quote from: Uncle Remus on December 06, 2017, 04:17:47 pm
While he does spend an inordinate amount of time in the tanning bed and on his hair each morning...Bazz is usually a very good ambassador for the state.  I think he's right on the fact the hire is not "slap yo mama" sexy.  That said...I think in 4 years time(had he stayed that long without being fired for cause), we would have had it up to our eyeballs with Kiffin, the "Sexy" hire.  Everyone wants to play the "look at the track record" card with Coach Morris, but somehow that same logic doesn't apply to Kiffin.  Besides one year of success at FAU, he was relieved of his duties during a national title run at Bama, was fired in an airport while with USC and not even allowed to fly home with the team, Al Davis wanted to steal his soul for the damage done to the "greatness of the Raiders", and Tennessee...well...let's just  say he was the beginning of the end there.  Through all that, the positive would have been that his hire would have generated more of a buzz nationally because he trolls people on Twitter.  How cute would that trolling have been had Nick Saban beaten us by 70 each year and still passing with time expiring?  It would have gotten old quickly!!!  I think Baz simply conveyed the feeling in the state right now, but it is time we lighten up a little bit and hold criticism until we can see a product on the field.  Besides, have you heard any of the media personalities the last few days...this search has worn them all down.  Let's cut him a break for a few days anyway.  8) 

Good post.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

idochog

Quote from: Wildhog on December 06, 2017, 03:53:34 pm

Bazzelhof likes himself. Probably stares at a mirror for hours
I love Jesus!

Tusks

Quote from: idochog on December 06, 2017, 04:31:11 pm

Instead of working.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

searkhogfan

Yes for some reason.  Arkansas Fans are known to eat their own.  It amazes me how many fans bash our former Razorbacks.  Especially Former hogs that put their Heart & Soul into representing & promoting the hogs every chance they get..

311Hog

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 06, 2017, 04:35:09 pm
Yes for some reason.  Arkansas Fans are known to eat their own.  It amazes me how many fans bash our former Razorbacks.  Especially Former hogs that put their Heart & Soul into representing & promoting the hogs every chance they get..
and themselves...

ChitownHawg

I agree it is a wait and see hire. But I thought Gus would have been a wait and see hire as well.

His SEC record isn't that impressive when you consider the top talent Auburn can draw. So he was going to save us with lesser talent? There is a reason Gus was on a roller coaster - Auburn expected more wins with that talent.

I would have supported Gus if he came, but would have had questions. I support Chad and have questions.

Bottom line is I'm excited to see what the team looks like. Spring game seems five years away. All of this waiting will be tough.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Paul

Quote from: hogblitz on December 06, 2017, 03:55:10 pm
He was basically saying concerning Morris that half the fans are okay with the hire and the other half have no idea even who this guy is.  He was talking about how it was far from a splash hire.  Emphasized the importance of a good defensive staff with this hire.
the half that are okay with the hire may be the same half that have no idea who he is

Hawgboy64

Bazzel probably got one of his hairs in his quiche, tell him to take a Midol, sing kumbaya with the other idiots on Drive time and think happy happy thoughts.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

Razor1997

Quote from: 311Hog on December 06, 2017, 04:13:41 pm

That loser Saban went 6-6 his first year at Alabama with a home loss to Louisiana-Monroe.  They should have gotten rid of him.

HoggyCat

Meh.  The butt hurt will flow for years with him. He wanted Gustav and probably had illusions of himself being AD.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

LumberBacks

Glory days, well, they'll pass you by
Glory days, in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

Hawgphish

But don't the folks on the hill know #53 once tackled Bo Jackson.

Hog N Bama

I'm guessing Bazz realized as soon as the camera came on he forgot to powder his forehead too and it was nagging him

razorshark

Couldn't understand anything he says, sounds like jim
I love the smell of napalm in the morning
http://rs218.pbsrc.com/albums/cc30/razorshark50/Napalm.jpg~c100

Dr. Starcs

This thread provided some much needed laughs.

Thanks to all.

Citizen2729

Bazz made it known he wanted Venables bad. He is a defensive guy. He is also a little butt hurt he wasn't consulted on the search. All that said you guys bashing are just haters. The guy works very hard, loves Arkansas and the Razorbacks as much as anyone I have ever seen. If you are hating on this dude ya probably ain't got nothing going.

hoglady

Everyone I know likes him.
He's friendly when you see him around town at various functions.
He's not a bad guy.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Capitalist Pig

Quote from: idochog on December 06, 2017, 04:31:11 pm

and gets up an hour early so he can spend more time with himself.
seXual cHOGlate is my bitch.

hoglady

Quote from: 1highhog on December 06, 2017, 03:46:53 pm
That's because Bazzel has been day dreaming of Gus for years to be coach here and it's hard for him to think of anyone else.

Bazzel wanted Brent Venables - that's the main coach he was constantly talking up / even before the Gus thing blew up.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

hoglady

I guess there's not much anyone can do to make Hog fans happy right now.

I've seen all kinds of complaints about the media guys shilling for this hire.

Now - you have a media guy giving a pretty honest assessment of how the hire is being received and he's getting bashed.

LRrazorback

You're an idiot.
Very nice guy and extremely personable. Has brought lots of noteriety to the program. What have you done?  Bet no one likes you.

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Augustus

Quote from: hoglady on December 06, 2017, 07:33:44 pm
I guess there's not much anyone can do to make Hog fans happy right now.

I've seen all kinds of complaints about the media guys shilling for this hire.

Now - you have a media guy giving a pretty honest assessment of how the hire is being received and he's getting bashed.

Winning will fix that.

I don't care about Coke or Pepsi, or if Yurachek kills the WMS games. I'd like him to see about killing the Jerry's World deal so we don't have to play an SEC West division opponent on the road every year.

But, whatever.

After 5 years of SUCK? All I really want is to start winning football games again. I want another double digit win season. Or several. And an SEC Championship. And even a Natty.

If we start getting that? David Bazzel and everyone else will get on board. Pronto.

Hogfan46

Quote from: hoglady on December 06, 2017, 07:16:38 pm
Bazzel wanted Brent Venables - that's the main coach he was constantly talking up / even before the Gus thing blew up.

Venables was contacted. I have to think if he really wanted the job he could have gotten it.