Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbies

Started by Tyro3, December 06, 2017, 03:16:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyro3

What is it with all the new accounts, and the vast majority seem to be on here just to bad mouth the new coach?

HF#1

You're a newbie, whatchu talkin about?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

go hogues

Quote from: Tyro3 on December 06, 2017, 03:16:15 pm
What is it with all the new accounts, and the vast majority seem to be on here just to bad mouth the new coach?
All the people who said they would go away forever if CCM was hired are just back under new names, duh.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Tyro3

Quote from: HF#1 on December 06, 2017, 03:16:33 pm
You're a newbie, whatchu talkin about?

Been on here since 2012 is that new?

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Tyro3

Quote from: go hogues on December 06, 2017, 03:17:48 pm
All the people who said they would go away forever if CCM was hired are just back under new names, duh.

Hadn't thought of that, really annoying,

emdavenp

I've noticed much of the same.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

emdavenp

Quote from: farmhawg on December 06, 2017, 03:21:54 pm
Yes.....

Some of us can't help it. I became a fan when I came for college, which was in 2010. I, nor my family, had any ties to the state or program. The whole family went to UF and I came to NWA. I still live in Fayetteville, actually.

CinciHog

I can't remember my login.  Used to be PigInaBlanket.  Don't have same email either, moved a lot. So I finally created a new one after lurking for a while.

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

Not here to bad mouth. Just excited about a new era. Watched every game and loved the players but just couldn't get excited about Bert.

Hawgslop

I'm a Razorback fan since 74
Have read on here for 10 years but just wanted to read
And yes this is my first post

What I find funny the most is everyone wasting there time pointing fingers at each other.
It doesn't matter if you are a new member or old
What matters is if your a fan or not
Get over it, I wanted Kiffin, he is not coming.
In the mean time I will support the new coach and continue to be a fan win or lose.
Cause that's what real fans do.
They don't divide they lift up even when times are hard.

JONAS

This coaching search brought out a lot of them.

Tyro3

Quote from: emdavenp on December 06, 2017, 03:24:02 pm
Some of us can't help it. I became a fan when I came for college, which was in 2010. I, nor my family, had any ties to the state or program. The whole family went to UF and I came to NWA. I still live in Fayetteville, actually.

Well I have been a Hog fan and donated for 57 years, I didn't run across Hogville until about 6 years ago.

InternetDrama

Quote from: Walysalt on December 06, 2017, 03:41:51 pm
Here in communists hoggville,  you get banned for being to negative, so everyone has to redo

So are you saying you were banned and this account is a sock-puppet?

I'm not saying that's what happened, just asking...
Texas still sucks.

stronguard

Thats funny, I noticed the exact opposite.  Yesterday there was a plethora of new accounts telling everyone how great Coach Morris was.  In fact, I think theres a thread about it.  Funny how that works.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

_Hamlet_

I am only here to bad mouth.

gchamblee

You are seeing all the posters that don't want anything they have said in the past to be used against them. With new accounts, they can drag their asses on the carpet through all the new threads without being called out for being hypocrites.

Also, the ones saying they are long time readers and new posters are lying their asses off. If you choose to believe them that is on you.

phadedhawg

My account ain't new, i say stupid things all the time.  Some people believe in consistency and finishing the way you started...

Wildhog

Thought this was a thread about the new offensive assistants.  nvm.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

CPL HOG

Quote from: Tyro3 on December 06, 2017, 03:18:14 pm

I have been on here since 2006 but only have 800 post, im sure I would still be considered a Newbie by most.

gchamblee

Quote from: phadedhawg on December 06, 2017, 04:09:51 pm
My account ain't new, i say stupid things all the time.  Some people believe in consistency and finishing the way you started...

Im same as you, except I take it a step farther and do it with my real name :P

farmhawg

Quote from: emdavenp on December 06, 2017, 03:24:02 pm
I was joking.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

phadedhawg

Quote from: gchamblee on December 06, 2017, 04:10:59 pm
Im same as you, except I take it a step farther and do it with my real name :P

#savage :)

jartiam808

Quote from: CinciHog on December 06, 2017, 03:24:41 pm
I can't remember my login.  Used to be PigInaBlanket.  Don't have same email either, moved a lot. So I finally created a new one after lurking for a while.
Same although i never created a new account, never cared to. Finally got back into my account a few days ago. I usually just sit back and enjoy.
(By the way, i'm lovin the hire)

Mjs84

New poster here, and I have nothing but good things to say about Coach Morris!  We have a bright future ahead of us once the dust settles and spring begins.

Sooiepride

Quote from: gchamblee on December 06, 2017, 04:07:56 pm
You are seeing all the posters that don't want anything they have said in the past to be used against them. With new accounts, they can drag their asses on the carpet through all the new threads without being called out for being hypocrites.

Also, the ones saying they are long time readers and new posters are lying their asses off. If you choose to believe them that is on you.

That's funny right there.  I got a pretty funny mental image of our old Boston Terrier.
God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: stronguard on December 06, 2017, 03:50:43 pm
Thats funny, I noticed the exact opposite.  Yesterday there was a plethora of new accounts telling everyone how great Coach Morris was.  In fact, I think theres a thread about it.  Funny how that works.

I agree.

Def been the other way around.

Whatever though, more the merrier I guess.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

mhuff

I have noticed the same thing. There are many trolls on here that have been breaking the rules . I used to stand up for the brand. However, I am not a mod . I am just someone who wanted to keep the board clean. The trolls just come on here to start some crap. Every time you see the breaking of the rules report them. I assure you the mods will take out the trash.

kp72204

Quote from: Tyro3 on December 06, 2017, 03:40:40 pm
Well I have been a Hog fan and donated for 57 years, I didn't run across Hogville until about 6 years ago.
I ran across this site about 5 years ago while on deployment. Was looking for any info that was going on. I remember wanting Garrick McGhee to be head coach during that time, but they hired Warm Piss. I read a lot more than I post by the way, and I wanted Venables. I'm excited for a new era regardless. Side question....when did Hogville start?

Hog N Bama

probably TN and Auburn fans

Pumbaa

Came for the bball recruiting to start but stayed for the search. Haven't had a single negative comment about the coach or the search for that matter. Thanks for such a warm welcome though. It's good to be here. Good to be a Hog!

NaturalStateReb

Some sock accounts are being recognized and deleted.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

You can go into your profile a settings and change your screen name back to PigInaBlanket, and keep the new login name and password...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

TXArcher

Am I a Newbie? 2012 member, lurked before.

I'm still excited about the hire, give the guy a chance, or next in line.

okrazorback

As my brother used to say, that's some of your business isn't it?

99toLife

Quote from: Tyro3 on December 06, 2017, 03:40:40 pm

If you have been donating 57 years AND you can use the internet at all is just AWESOME PERIOD..  Go HAWGS! 

razorbackmisty

Glad I'm not the only one who couldn't remember their log in, I guess it goes with the big birthday I had this year.

gchamblee

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 06, 2017, 06:32:34 pm
Some sock accounts are being recognized and deleted.

You should delete their old accounts and force them to keep using their new ones :P

East Clintwood

My perception is just the opposite.  I see most of them pumping up the new guy.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

31to6

Ironic.

(Tyro means newbie.)

Tyro3

Quote from: 31to6 on December 07, 2017, 09:59:16 am
Ironic.

(Tyro means newbie.)

I know that, it is why I use it, at 77 years old I still try to look at the world with young eyes and a positive attitude.

AHorseWithNoName

Newbie = people who actually work and have a life and don't live on Hogville 24/7
Oldie = well, i think you get my point. 

;D

BTW, I'm all for Coach Morris.....just saying.  Don't wanta be accused of being a fair-weather-hater. 
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

East Clintwood

Quote from: mhuff on December 06, 2017, 05:10:23 pm
I have noticed the same thing. There are many trolls on here that have been breaking the rules . I used to stand up for the brand. However, I am not a mod . I am just someone who wanted to keep the board clean. The trolls just come on here to start some crap. Every time you see the breaking of the rules report them. I assure you the mods will take out the trash.

narc
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

hogsanity

many of them are accounts that have existed for years, some over a decade, yet hardly or in some cases ever used for posting UNTIL it is time to bash a coach that has not even held a practice yet.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Michaelt

Quote from: Tyro3 on December 06, 2017, 03:18:14 pm

Yeah it kinda is....  :)

jk
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

hogsanity

Saw one yesterday, created in 2005, had 3 posts is 12 years. Beginning Tues evening they started posting anti CM stuff and in about 8 hours had 80 posts. There is no way on this or any other planet that is legit.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

31to6

Quote from: Tyro3 on December 07, 2017, 10:02:37 am
I know that, it is why I use it, at 77 years old I still try to look at the world with young eyes and a positive attitude.
+1

SoonerBaHog

Just because I usually just read instead of post makes me a newbie??