Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6 years $3.5M per (plus additional incentives and longevity bonuses)

Started by LuckyGiraffe, December 06, 2017, 01:23:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/chad-morris-named-head-football-coach/

Chad Morris has been named the 33rd head coach in Arkansas football history, announced by the University of Arkansas Department of Athletics Wednesday. Morris agreed to a six-year contract and will make $3.5 million annually. Per his employment agreement, he will also be eligible for additional compensation through retention payments and incentives.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

HawgWyld

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 06, 2017, 01:55:17 pm
I just hope he is a better ROI than our last coach, cause we are paying him more than we started CBB at.

Better ROI than our last coach? That's a pretty low bar, isn't it?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 01:52:05 pm
You are always on the insults with me. I get it you love the hire I don't.

I am actually one of the lucky ones to be honest. My life is really great. So great in fact that I have time to be this upset about college football.

If my life had a lot of problems I wouldn't put my attention on this.

But hey keep insulting everyone that doesn't agree with you.

Says the dude with "The Hater's Ball" avatar... Your bitch ass clown shoes need some polish. Take this hunnad and light daddy's cigarette...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PorkSoda

Quote from: HawgWyld on December 06, 2017, 01:57:08 pm
Better ROI than our last coach? That's a pretty low bar, isn't it?

yeah, im not getting my hopes up.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Libertarian Hog

I think Arkansas made the right decision in hiring Chad Morris.  Although you never know beforehand I think he will be a good coach at Arkansas.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God, for if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jeffersxon

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

phadedhawg

HawgWyld

PorkSoda

Quote from: HawgWyld on December 06, 2017, 02:20:10 pm
Might as well hope for the best at this point.
sure, but I don't see where this hire earns the benefit of the doubt. 

how many years without a bowl will you give him?

it took 3 years for him to make a bowl in the AAC.

you comfortable with that here?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 06, 2017, 02:49:17 pm

Gonna Take 10 years to get to SEC level....yall ready for a long ride?

RME

tolerati

Buyout is $14.7 million this coming year with it decreasing each year there after.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

HawgWyld

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 06, 2017, 02:49:17 pm

Where does he get the benefit of the doubt? Honestly, he's getting some leeway because we've just gone through five years of watching the program struggle under possibly the worst Razorbacks coach in recent memory. That means people will either love him because he's not Bielema or question the hire because they worry about another rotten coach showing up in Fayetteville and are concerned that the same folks who picked Morris also thought Bielema was a great idea.

Meanwhile, it's anyone's guess how he's going to work out. Might be great here, might not. Perhaps I'm more optimistic than some because I can't help but think that just about anyone is an improvement over the guy who when 1-7 in the SEC this year and almost dropped a game to Coastal Carolina. I'm always hopeful we'll get back to threatening 10 wins a season like we had with Petrino before the wheels fell off, and it remains to be seen whether Morris is the guy that will get us there or not.

code red

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 06, 2017, 02:50:55 pm
Gonna Take 10 years to get to SEC level....yall ready for a long ride?
Won't take 10 years.....we will bowl next year.  Wins over Ole Miss, Miss State, Mizzou, and Vandy......should go 4-0 in non conference easy. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou