Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's the problem

Started by adroitful, December 06, 2017, 09:19:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

adroitful

It's not that we don't like the man. In fact I think he very well could win 8 games in his 4th season. However, his first season he's going to probably only win 4. The fans are not going to be very happy when they hear the words "Building Process" after they've already heard them for the past 5 years. The seats are going to be empty and there's going to be booing. He better come in and show us 6 wins his first year or I don't think it's going to be pretty.

HF#1

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 09:19:49 am
It's not that we don't like the man. In fact I think he very well could win 8 games in his 4th season. However, his first season he's going to probably only win 4. The fans are not going to be very happy when they hear the words "Building Process" after they've already heard them for the past 5 years. The seats are going to be empty and there's going to be booing. He better come in and show us 6 wins his first year or I don't think it's going to be pretty.

Thanks for that. Really, all evidence points to more than 4 wins next season. The schedule lends itself to 7 or even 8 wins even with a new coach.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

adroitful

Quote from: HF#1 on December 06, 2017, 09:20:56 am
Thanks for that. Really, all evidence points to more than 4 wins next season. The schedule lends itself to 7 or even 8 wins even with a new coach.

A coach that has never coached in the SEC against a fully loaded SEC West. I'll believe it when I see it.

HF#1

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 09:23:58 am
A coach that has never coached in the SEC against a fully loaded SEC West. I'll believe it when I see it.

Go look at the schedule and get back to me.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

adroitful

Quote from: HF#1 on December 06, 2017, 09:24:39 am

I'm fully aware of the schedule. I also am fully aware of how quickly he got things moving over at SMU..

hawgon

And that's the issue.  If he doesn't win 7, things will get hot in a hurry.

We are at a place the fans have been patient and told to be patient for the last five years.  The thing a big name or a lesser guy with a gaudy record is that they've shown they can do it, so they get some slack Morris won't with his record.

He needs wins.  And he can get some immediate "wins" by some big hires for coordinators and/or flipping a few nice recruits.

RazorChuck

and when we get crushed at Colorado State............

HF#1

Quote from: hawgon on December 06, 2017, 09:25:26 am
And that's the issue.  If he doesn't win 7, things will get hot in a hurry.

We are at a place the fans have been patient and told to be patient for the last five years.  The thing a big name or a lesser guy with a gaudy record is that they've shown they can do it, so they get some slack Morris won't with his record.

He needs wins.  And he can get some immediate "wins" by some big hires for coordinators and/or flipping a few nice recruits.

For the lunatic fringe maybe. My expectation is to get to a bowl game. If he does that, I'll be good. We can build on that.

hogsanity

go look at the roster and get back to me. Who on this team is going to QB his style of offense? OR are we going to count on a tr fr from a 2a Ar HS to do it?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawgon

Quote from: HF#1 on December 06, 2017, 09:26:30 am
For the lunatic fringe maybe. My expectation is to get to a bowl game. If he does that, I'll be good. We can build on that.

You are the lunatic fringe if you expect him to get to a bowl game next year.

adroitful

Quote from: HF#1 on December 06, 2017, 09:26:30 am

I just don't see this man coming in and getting 7 wins in his first season here. It's not going to be pretty

HF#1

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 09:28:20 am
I just don't see this man coming in and getting 7 wins in his first season here. It's not going to be pretty

You are welcome to that opinion. Let's see what kind of staff he puts together and how he finishes this recruiting class. Perhaps then you will have a better picture.

Billy Bats

Hold up a second.  We just gave the worst coach in Razorback history five years and you think Morris will be on the hot seat after one?  Lol, his offense alone is three games better than Bert's could ever be.  You'll see.

jgphillips3

This.  The reason Long fought for Bielema is even a buffoon should win six next year minimum and they could have claimed the ship was righted.  Losing one of those OOC games, other than Colorado State who is okay, should be grounds for immediate termination.  Plus we have Vanderbilt and an Ole Miss team that is about to see massive transfers.  That is six wins.  If Morris is such an offensive genius, he should get those six and snag one more...maybe two.  Outside of Alabama, Auburn and LSU and A&M, the other teams are all equal to or less talented on paper than us.

HF#1

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 06, 2017, 09:29:13 am
Hold up a second.  We just gave the worst coach in Razorback history five years and you think Morris will be on the hot seat after one?  Lol, his offense alone is three games better than Bert's could ever be.  You'll see.

My opinion as well. From a football IQ standpoint, we upgraded big time offensively.

adroitful

Yea.. For the reasons you just stated. You think the stadiums going to be full come November next year and we've only won 3 or 4 games?

hawgon

So, all of you guys predicting seven or eight are still going to be on board when he wins four, right?

Justifiable Hogicide

Really, all evidence points to more than 4 wins next season.
That ought to sell tickets.

ElDawgHawg

I'm going on record now and saying 8 wins next year.  I believe!

People who don't think this is a good hire have not done their research.
#WPS

TexasRazorback

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 09:19:49 am

No one has said the words building process. Morris will get in her and work these boys into shape. No more overweight slow hogs.

Billy Bats

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 09:30:11 am
Yea.. For the reasons you just stated. You think the stadiums going to be full come November next year and we've only won 3 or 4 games?

Yes.  His offense will have us in games and we'll have more than 3-4 wins next November.  Arkansas can't recruit well enough for Bama ball but we can be dangerous with this type of offense.  Watch SMU film.  YouTube.

hawgon

Quote from: ElDawgHawg on December 06, 2017, 09:31:37 am

I've come around to the view that the guy is a good coach and will succeed here.  But he needs time and all of you guys who claim to be his supporters and are predicting 8 wins next year are showing why he might not have been the best hire for our current situation.

adroitful

Quote from: TexasRazorback on December 06, 2017, 09:33:06 am
No one has said the words building process. Morris will get in her and work these boys into shape. No more overweight slow hogs.

Well, the "Reasearch" everyone keeps shouting sure points to a "Building Process":
2015   SMU   2–10   1–7   T–5th (West)         
2016   SMU   5–7   3–5   5th (West)         
2017   SMU   7–5   4–4   4th (West)   Frisco   

HF#1

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on December 06, 2017, 09:31:22 am
That ought to sell tickets.

Well if our fans weren't so fickle and emotionally irrational, we'd sell more tickets.

Wildhog

Quote from: hawgon on December 06, 2017, 09:34:10 am

I've come around to the view that the guy is a good coach and will succeed here.  But he needs time and all of you guys who claim to be his supporters and are predicting 8 wins next year are showing why he might not have been the best hire for our current situation.

The staff he hires is crucial.  Finesse offense and a soft D will get you murdered in this league.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

adroitful

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 06, 2017, 09:33:44 am
Yes.  His offense will have us in games and we'll have more than 3-4 wins next November.  Arkansas can't recruit well enough for Bama ball but we can be dangerous with this type of offense.  Watch SMU film.  YouTube.

Done it already.. Now show me film of his offense going against the likes of Bamas defense..

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2017, 09:27:36 am
go look at the roster and get back to me. Who on this team is going to QB his style of offense? OR are we going to count on a tr fr from a 2a Ar HS to do it?

Seriously?? I can't believe you had the audacity to ask the question about QBs. Every QB on the Hog roster came out of High School running a form of the spread offense. They will actually fit better in Chad's system than they did in Bielema's system.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

adroitful

Quote from: GuvHog on December 06, 2017, 09:36:05 am
Seriously?? I can't believe you had the audacity to ask the question about QBs. Every QB on the Hog roster came out of High School running a form of the spread offense. They will actually fit better in Chad's system than they did in Bielema's system.

Who? The only one that MAY be able to do it is Ty Storey. I don't see Cole Kelley being mobile enough to run it. Again, even you guys are saying "Be patient and give the man time". I understand that. But, the people that fill the bleachers on Saturdays are DONE hearing that.

ElDawgHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on December 06, 2017, 09:35:11 am
The staff he hires is crucial.  Finesse offense and a soft D will get you murdered in this league.

watch game film.  His offense is anything but finesse.  think Auburn with a better passing game.
#WPS

hawgon

Quote from: Wildhog on December 06, 2017, 09:35:11 am

We will get killed a lot next year.  Those little flea flickers that looked great against TCU will be ten yard losses.  And if we hire Venables AND the ghost of Buddy Ryan as co-DCs , the defense is still going to suck next year.  That will spell a baaaaaaad year.

He is exactly the kind of coach with the kind of offense we need.  But it will be a process and his past record will have people screaming for his head instead of realizing that he is a great coach in a bad situation.

Cotton

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 09:23:58 am
Fully Loaded??? 4 teams have new head coaches.  There's nothing fully loaded about the SECW right now.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

NuttinItUp

If you think 4 wins, you haven't looked at next year's schedule yet.

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on December 06, 2017, 09:36:05 am

And every Qb on the hogs roster other than CK has little or no experience in the SEC, at all.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

woodrow hog call

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 09:35:28 am
Done it already.. Now show me film of his offense going against the likes of Bamas defense..

Yeah if only we had some game footage of Clemson(his offense) playing Bama..............................let's see how could we come up with anything like that? Darn can't think of anyway possible, sorry.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Wildhog

Quote from: hawgon on December 06, 2017, 09:39:26 am
We will get killed a lot next year.  Those little flea flickers that looked great against TCU will be ten yard losses.  And if we hire Venables AND the ghost of Buddy Ryan as cop-DCs, the defense is still going to suck next year.  That will spell a baaaaaaad year.

He is exactly the kind of coach with the kind of offense we need.  But it will be a process and his past record will have people screaming for his head instead of realizing that he is a great coach in a bad situation.

Oh, next season will probably be ugly.  I agree with you on the offense. 

1909/1964/1965/1977

GuvHog

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 09:38:12 am
Who? The only one that MAY be able to do it is Ty Storey. I don't see Cole Kelley being mobile enough to run it. Again, even you guys are saying "Be patient and give the man time". I understand that. But, the people that fill the bleachers on Saturdays are DONE hearing that.

I doubt they run the spread option. Cole Kelley ran a form of the spread in High School and he's deadly in the shotgun. Kelley and Storey are both Spread QBs. I'm skeptical of the Chad Morris hire myself but I'm willing to give him a chance to convince me that he can turn things around.

adroitful

December 06, 2017, 09:43:59 am #36 Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:58:43 am by adroitful
Quote from: woodrow hog call on December 06, 2017, 09:41:29 am
Yeah if only we had some game footage of Clemson(his offense) playing Bama..............................let's see how could we come up with anything like that? Darn can't think of anyway possible, sorry.

No No..  I want to see all HIS guys that he got as a head coach and show me what happens. I just don't believe that Chad Morris is the Jesus of Clemson football. I think Swinney deserves more credit than that. Chad Morris wasn't even there when they won their National Championship was he?

HF#1

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 09:43:59 am
No No.. He was the coordinator. I want to see all HIS guys that he got as a head coach and show me what happens. I just don't believe that Chad Morris is the Jesus of Clemson football. I think Swinney deserves more credit than that.

Clemson still, to this day, gives Morris a lot of credit for their recent success.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: hawgon on December 06, 2017, 09:28:02 am

So, in other words, you and your co-horts are just giving up on the Hogs. Because you didn't get Gus or whoever.

I think he has the background to do well, and unlike many of you, I overlook the overall record at SMUT and look how each year has progressed. 

I don't care that he is a graduate of TAMU, which is an idiotic complaint that I see. 

Well, do what you want. I am going to let things settle and see his staff. See how he relates to the team. See how he coaches.

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2017, 09:40:46 am
And every Qb on the hogs roster other than CK has little or no experience in the SEC, at all.

That would be true no matter who got the HC job. Seriously, you're reaching now.

adroitful

Quote from: HF#1 on December 06, 2017, 09:44:41 am
Clemson still, to this day, gives Morris a lot of credit for their recent success.

In what Year did Clemson beat Alabama while Chad Morris was there? I'd like to go watch the tape

Wildhog

I don't think 6 wins is out of the realm.

I wouldn't put that expectation on him, though.
1909/1964/1965/1977

adroitful

Quote from: woodrow hog call on December 06, 2017, 09:41:29 am

Show me Chad Morris playing against Alabama! I wanna see the tape!

transplant

Quote from: ElDawgHawg on December 06, 2017, 09:31:37 am

I have, we need a recruiter.  His three years recruiting at SMU was just like the three years before his arrival.  You know, when June Jones had "quit" trying.

hawgon

Quote from: HenduHog on December 06, 2017, 09:45:29 am
So, in other words, you and your co-horts are just giving up on the Hogs. Because you didn't get Gus or whoever.

I think he has the background to do well, and unlike many of you, I overlook the overall record at SMUT and look how each year has progressed. 

I don't care that he is a graduate of TAMU, which is an idiotic complaint that I see. 

Well, do what you want. I am going to let things settle and see his staff. See how he relates to the team. See how he coaches.

English.  You should learn to read it.  I think he is a good coach who will do good to great here EVENTUALLY.  But all of you guys predicting 8 wins next year are not going to give him time to do it.

Billy Bats

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 09:35:28 am

Bama looked pedestrian against every RPO/HUHN/Spread style offense they played.  Auburn and Miss State come to mind.  Also, not every defense we play next year is as good as Bama's. 

Hawg n GA

So it sounds like most of you are hoping he fails... that is truly pathetic.   Granted he wasn't my first choice but I hope he does well and will get us back on track. 

adroitful

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 06, 2017, 09:58:26 am
Bama looked pedestrian against every RPO/HUHN/Spread style offense they played.  Auburn and Miss State come to mind.  Also, not every defense we play next year is as good as Bama's.

Okay.. So you guys are all about this offense. What did he do while he was Clemson running that offense? Sure, they went to a bowl game every year.

HF#1

I use common sense. Dan Enos could be our coach next season and we would make a bowl game. 4 very very winnable non-conf games, a couple conf games we can win. The path to a bowl game isn't that difficult to see. Hell, Bielema would have made a bowl game in 2018

Billy Bats

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 10:00:07 am
Okay.. So you guys are all about this offense. What did he do while he was Clemson running that offense? Sure, they went to a bowl game every year.

All about it?  Seriously?  It's the only offense Arkansas can run and have a prayer in the SEC.