Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watch this opening series here by SMU against TCU

Started by checkraiser88, December 06, 2017, 12:21:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Yep, our offense will be a lot better, the first 6 minutes against TCU who held us to 7 total points in the previous week..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT4iXHxTSvk

sickboy

That bunch motion wildcat formation was... well... wild.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 06, 2017, 12:21:59 am
Yep, our offense will be a lot better, the first 6 minutes against TCU who held us to 7 total points in the previous week..

That was pretty impressive. 
Retired Radio Host

Hollywood870

Watching the SMU Navy game as we speak.

wpswillriseagain

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

CaliforniaHawg

Morris is gonna have this offense humming buddy.

checkraiser88

Großer Kriegschwein

Gave them TCU guys fits.

Shifts and motions to confuse the defense

Großer Kriegschwein

Calling All Hogs

I'm getting the feeling that Chad Morris is the coach we didn't initially like but will love three years from now. 

STLhawg

secfan30

Hollywood870

The SMU Navy game is a good one. They get down 35-11 at half. End up losing 43-40.

checkraiser88

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 06, 2017, 12:53:13 am
The SMU Navy game is a good one. They get down 35-11 at half. End up losing 43-40.

This dude really is great, I feel bad for dogging him on the coaching board now, wait till he gets some SEC weapons!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: CaliforniaHawg on December 06, 2017, 12:31:24 am
Morris is gonna have this offense humming buddy.
well, if we love memphis and ucf, smu is the 3rd best offense in the American Athletic Conference, as well as the 3rd best defense in that conference.

That is better than Bert.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ronmahony

Yeah that was nice. I truly don't understand why everyone is bitching, this guy is gonna be great here, and I guarantee you we already have the talent to be that good and you have to know with the ties him and the A.D. have in Texas we are going to have a lot more talent coming. I know it is most likely a pipe dream but can you imagine him and Venerables here?
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

checkraiser88

I mean, based on what I'm watching in these videos, all we need is a DC and some more athletes, this guy is legit

sickboy

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 06, 2017, 01:16:03 am
I mean, based on what I'm watching in these videos, all we need is a DC and some more athletes, this guy is legit

Agreed.

Pork Twain

The more I looked at his past and what he started off with at SMU, the more I realize that he is likely one of the better coaches we could have gotten.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 06, 2017, 01:41:06 am
The more I looked at his past and what he started off with at SMU, the more I realize that he is likely one of the better coaches we could have gotten.

He isn't gonna win the first press conference for sure, but I think we may be a threat to quite a few teams next year.

MissippHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 06, 2017, 01:41:06 am
Possibly so, but I'm beginning to feel he may be the coach we need.  He is seemingly doing more with less and I don't think many of us realize just how bad SMU was.  My post history shows that I was big on Norvell, but that's mainly because I wasn't real familiar with Morris outside of his time at Clemson.  If you were a Gus fan, there is no reason why you won't like CCM.  If you wanted a high powered offense, once again, no reason why you won't like CCM.  Whoever he brings in as his defensive staff will likely determine his success here.

jmg018

Watched the first two drives...impressed and entertained.  I've gone from cautiously optimistic to moderately optimistic  ;D.  It should be fun to watch if nothing else.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MissippHog on December 06, 2017, 01:59:34 am
Possibly so, but I'm beginning to feel he may be the coach we need.  He is seemingly doing more with less and I don't think many of us realize just how bad SMU was.  My post history shows that I was big on Norvell, but that's mainly because I wasn't real familiar with Morris outside of his time at Clemson.  If you were a Gus fan, there is no reason why you won't like CCM.  If you wanted a high powered offense, once again, no reason why you won't like CCM.  Whoever he brings in as his defensive staff will likely determine his success here.

This is probably real close to the truth. He actually sought out GM at Springdale HS to learn about the HUNH Spread Philosophy back in the 2003 off-season. He brought it back to Stephensville TX and made it work with his own wrinkles. Probably a lot more pass happy than GM has been in college. His coaching progression will take him through the importance of being able to run the football, slow the game down and control the clock late in games. I see that happening within the first two years.

Cambridge Hog

That first play...is for TJ.

We have plenty of weapons to run this exciting offense

hogfan stuck in texas

There was more creativity in those first 2 drives than BB had in his entire time here. It looks like his offense is going to be fun to watch.

#1 STUNNA

morris needs to go to warren Arkansas and tell him you are gonna be my courtland Sutton for the next 4 years. He is a stud.

checkraiser88

Quote from: hogfan stuck in texas on December 06, 2017, 05:25:38 am
There was more creativity in those first 2 drives than BB had in his entire time here. It looks like his offense is going to be fun to watch.

This

oldman1015

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 06, 2017, 12:37:23 am
Hayden and Hammond are gonna love this guy.

You'll also find out how talented Jordan Jones is.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Uberanubis

ok here's my thought. if this guys is as good as everyone THINKS hes is, there is no reason he cant come in and Immediately turn our offence around. if you think about what is returning, the only huge problem area being taken over is the OL. we have a solid qb, solid rb's, and outstanding te. wr need work but are function-able.

defense is another story, but if we dont see some major improvement on offense this year then i call a bad hire. only time will tell
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

farmhawg

Our fat and slow players will die with that much running.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

beachhawg

We definitely will be changining up the offseason and in season conditioning strategy.  No more pizzas and burgers ( or pbj) for this team.  This will also open up recruiting in my opinion when these skill guys see that Ark is no longer fat boy u

oldman1015

Quote from: Uberanubis on December 06, 2017, 07:00:19 am
ok here's my thought. if this guys is as good as everyone THINKS hes is, there is no reason he cant come in and Immediately turn our offence around. if you think about what is returning, the only huge problem area being taken over is the OL. we have a solid qb, solid rb's, and outstanding te. wr need work but are function-able.

defense is another story, but if we dont see some major improvement on offense this year then i call a bad hire. only time will tell
Who is the solid qb?
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Hog Red

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 06, 2017, 01:06:23 am
well, if we love memphis and ucf, smu is the 3rd best offense in the American Athletic Conference, as well as the 3rd best defense in that conference.

Do you just make things up? SMU was nowhere near the 3rd best defense in the AAC. SMU was 9th in total defense, 10th in rushing defense, 9th in passing defense. SMU was ranked #122 out of #130 in the country in yds/g allowed (476).

901king

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 06, 2017, 01:06:23 am

3rd Best AAC defense gave up 51, 59, 66 the last 3 years to Memphis.  The only reason SMU was third in offense was because Charlie Strong refused to take the Ferrari that Willie Taggart left him out of 2nd gear.   

Ironhawg

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 06, 2017, 12:42:39 am
I'm getting the feeling that Chad Morris is the coach we didn't initially like but will love three years from now. 

If he comes here.  Supposedly Tennessee is talking to him now.  Haven't confirmed that yet.

Capt. Hamm

I think you are right.

HoggieStyle

Eye candy BS. Who won the game?

Georgia fell for it the first go around, but not the second. TCU fell for it early in the game and adjusted.

We are so battered and desperate now that we're giddy over one offensive series.

BCRavens

Quote from: farmhawg on December 06, 2017, 07:02:04 am
Our fat and slow players will die with that much running.

You're right, but I imagine many of those players will be a lot slimmer and faster by the time the season starts.
Cub Fan - Bud Man

ballhog™

True that.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

NuttinbutMediocre

8-16 in the AAC. Yeah, he sure fooled those poor little coaches in the AAC.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 06, 2017, 12:53:13 am

Second half adjustments...

HF#1

I agree with this.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

axharbor

They also gave up 56 points to TCU whereas our horrible defense ended up giving up 28.  I guess we are going to see how it goes.

Michaelt

Do we have a QB who can run this type of offense, or will CCM need to recruit a QB pretty quickly?
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

ATLHog

I'm starting to suspect the same thing. My attitude has flipped 180 degrees

dhizzle

Did he learn to chew gum during the game from Gus?

Wildhog

Could be.  He HAS to get a top DC though. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

adroitful

Saw the missed extra point and stopped watching. If I wanted to see that, I would go watch Arkansas games from this year.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 08:56:50 am
Saw the missed extra point and stopped watching. If I wanted to see that, I would go watch Arkansas games from this year.

Well we do know that Chad Morris can't kick field goals now, so we will try to get that corrected by the first game.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.