Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calm Down folks. this will turn out to be a great hire for Arkansas

Started by forrest city joe, December 05, 2017, 06:21:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

He was my third choice behind Gus and Norvell. i think this will turn out to be a great hire.the key is going to be the staff.need to break the bank for our new coach to hire a great  staff.that os going to be the key folks.

RideTillIDieHawg

LawyerHog50

"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

hawgbawb

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 05, 2017, 06:21:36 pm
He was my third choice behind Gus and Norvell. i think this will turn out to be a great hire.the key is going to be the staff.need to break the bank for our new coach to hire a great  staff.that os going to be the key folks.
True. Not sure what Morris is making, but assume enough is left to spend big for a Def coordinator etc.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

WichitaStateRazorback

you are wrong.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HoggieStyle

Dude, you'll be on the phone telling Randy how bad a choice he was within the first 5 games of next season.

Razorpigg

Quote from: HoggieStyle on December 05, 2017, 06:24:58 pm
Dude, you'll be on the phone telling Randy how bad a choice he was within the first 5 games of next season.

We have the greatest selection of fortune tellers as there is on HV. They are everywhere!

ChicoHog

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on December 05, 2017, 06:22:23 pm
From the guy that annointed Pel as the next Dean Smith.
her still thinks Mike Anderson is the next Dean Smith. 

Dominicanhog

Wooderson

Give me liberty, or give me death!

BartIV

I like the hire. I am excited but some on here would be excited if they hired a houseplant as coach.

The NewEra

The PTB were reportedly willing to break the bank to hire assistants and make Malzhan successful.  They owe the same to Morris.

TheEnemy

We just gave ourselves an 8 win ceiling with this hire.....might as well kept CBB.

Martygit

So, if Bret was "Bert"  - what will Chad be: "Chip", "Shap", "Shat", "Chap" ?? looking for suggestions just so when things go south I know what to call him
RIP OTR, REV

discombobulationist

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on December 05, 2017, 06:33:27 pm
So, if Bret was "Bert"  - what will Chad be: "Chip", "Shap", "Shat", "Chap" ?? looking for suggestions just so when things go south I know what to call him

And if he comes in and wins? What do we call you then? I've got a few ideas...
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

Martygit

Quote from: discombobulationist on December 05, 2017, 06:37:07 pm
And if he comes in and wins? What do we call you then? I've got a few ideas...

How about: a grateful Razorback fan - my question wasn't a dig at Chad Morris - it was a dig at those on here who seem to want to denigrate any coach that doesn't meet their expectations - no matter how nonsensical those expectations are
RIP OTR, REV

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on December 05, 2017, 06:43:27 pm
How about: a grateful Razorback fan - my question wasn't a dig at Chad Morris - it was a dig at those on here who seem to want to denigrate any coach that doesn't meet their expectations - no matter how nonsensical those expectations are

I call Bert Bert because he was nonsensical.

Martygit

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 05, 2017, 06:46:48 pm
I call Bert Bert because he was nonsensical.

IMHO, you were nonsensical in your expectations - but that's just me
RIP OTR, REV

GO

Go back to jump ball, I think someone said something bad about Anderson

hawgdavis

baldhog1

alohawg

'Chum'.....in the water with SEC sharks circling.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Captain Morgan

So the BOT waiting a week and a half was a good idea?

hog of steele

hawgdavis

I hope the entire board has to eat a ton of crow, I will gladly do so if he works out .I was just hoping with all the money we were willing to throw at Gus that we would use that approach to grab a wow hire. I think everyone was and that's why the is such a reaction to this.

hog of steele

May have to find out what his middle name is too.

texas tush hog

texas tush hog

hog of steele

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 05, 2017, 07:11:17 pm

Call Chad, Chet, then.

Do you doubt this will happen? Folks will do that, question his intelligence, integrity, and the look of his wife. He will be attacked on very personal levels. That is how the Internet behaves when it doesn't get it's way. Then those who behave like petulant children will claim moral high ground as if winning razorback football is worth becoming like Texas fans.

HotlantaHog

Forest City Joe is the voice of reason. He was right on Bielema (if memory serves correctly) and will be proven right on Morris.

pigmania

God it's like the UA, Bo, Trey and all the other cultist have put a gun to your head and told your to post that Morris is our messiah. WTH IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

PLAYBOAR

Tennessee Vols fans are smarter than we are apparently.   They realize Morris is a good coach.  The ones that understand the context of the SMU achievements anyway.
Thread on Morris:
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/286977-chad-morris-arkansas.html
Hey Ref, does your wife know you're screwing us?

TX HOG

He wasn't my first choice but I think he'll do good here. I'm optimisticly excited

DLUXHOG

From Wikipedia: "Morris is atypical among NCAA Division I head football coaches in that he did not play football at the college level."....   might be a good thing?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: PLAYBOAR on December 05, 2017, 07:22:12 pm
Tennessee Vols fans are smarter than we are apparently.   They realize Morris is a good coach.  The ones that understand the context of the SMU achievements anyway.
Thread on Morris:
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/286977-chad-morris-arkansas.html

Thank you for that Tennessee thread!  They realize Arkansas has made a winning hire!

Hoggish1

6-7.5 mil for his staff will get me off the ledge.

Athog

Great post!!

HognotinMemphis

You're in the bottom 10% here in IQ and knowledge about anything re Razorback football. Gus coming here was fantasy. Norvell was never going to get an offer. Morris is 10x the mind and coach that Norvell will ever be. Now you saw Morris will be a great hire. Welcome to what is even though you did not like it or believe in it. Blowing with the wind is all you are doing.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

David†

DLUXHOG

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 05, 2017, 07:24:42 pm
There is no such thing as a good hire at Arkansas.

Broyles, Holtz, & Hatfield were great hires....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Dropkick

How about Chaz?

MOM! MEATLOAF!

Paul

steveaustin69

Quote from: TheEnemy on December 05, 2017, 06:31:19 pm
We just gave ourselves an 8 win ceiling with this hire.....might as well kept CBB.

How do you figure that?