Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norvell Out.....Kiffin almost certainly out....Morris In

Started by Roaringboar, December 04, 2017, 06:05:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Omahabound

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: HawgPound on December 04, 2017, 07:25:46 pm
I would like a ride on the Lane Train but give me Sumlin from that list. I think he would build the program without the mess Kiffin would leave behind in a few years. What a fun few years it would be though.

Nope.....

I want swagga, I want recruiting wins...I want Saban frustrated, I want tweets about mullets, I want wins....

I want Lane Kiffin to come out in a velvet Razorback red suit with a crown on his head when he is introduced...and he leads the hog call with a cane...like a gotdang conductor...

PRJ

Omahabound

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 07:12:41 pm
You have to understand, in 2012 we had a different atmosphere. Long was secretive. The GOBN had their choices....and Long paid no attention to it. Leaks happened and they were wrong, not because they were told bogus info, these dudes really thought we had a shot... But because Long didn't want anybody else's input.

I thought the same thing about Gruden.

PRJ
You do realize none of you big insider cocksters called the new AD..correct?

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Omahabound on December 04, 2017, 07:27:44 pm
Ha...Duck knows...yea..he wagon Gruden for 2 months. We see how that urned turned out

I guarantee you Duck knows.

PRJ

Roaringboar

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 07:28:14 pm
Nope.....

I want swagga, I want recruiting wins...I want Saban frustrated, I want tweets about mullets, I want wins....

I want Lane Kiffin to come out in a velvet Razorback red suit with a crown on his head when he is introduced...and he leads the hog call with a cane...like a gotdang conductor...

PRJ

I was actually buying a bit of what you were selling there until that.......seriously......I'm smelling another Pig in the Pokey situation.....he was Norvell's guy yesterday, today you're Kiffin's, and Duck is back on the Gruden Jet tommorrow.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

ghostzapper

Nope.....

PRJ

This is an article about Norvell (sorry if already posted) but he sure does talk glowingly of Lane.    https://sports.yahoo.com/memphis-coach-mike-norvell-isnt-anyones-footnote-182832858.html

HawgPound

Nope.....

PRJ
I do believe that Kiffin's tweets are a recruiting tool. He is showing his players and recruits that a lowly FAU coach is not afraid to go after the biggest bad in college coaching.

Airforcehawg

Nope.....

PRJ

This....in spades!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Omahabound on December 04, 2017, 07:29:21 pm

And? And? The only AD candidate that my people mentioned to me was Scott Varady..and that was 2 weeks ago.

With that said...

Lane Kiffin.

I am warming up the word wizard.....

PRJ

Hog Waller

This team needs some swagger, this team needs Kiffin!

rljjr

Quote from: 4me2know on December 04, 2017, 06:10:09 pm
It's called research and vetting

Oh, so you've been involved and have the data. Please share.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: braxhog on December 04, 2017, 07:10:07 pm
Morris is very well respected as a coach by everyone....except for Hogville.

Nah, my twitter feed dislikes him too. 

HoginhoustonIf

I don't know a lot of people in the know on the hill, but I do know people in Houston. The new AD had a few stipulations. He wanted to interview the next coach before they were hired. Hearing Leach was interviewed today leads me to believe he is in play. I have heard he wanted Sumlin and Kiffin interviews. I have not heard anything about Morris except through Arkansas talking heads.

EastexHawg

Quote from: The Boar War on December 04, 2017, 06:11:02 pm
Its going to be Morris.  You don't even have to read the tea leaves just listen to everyone in the media screaming at you trying to convince you how good he is.

Not working. 

HogPharmer

Nope.....

PRJ

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Kevin

kiffin get us national recognition immediately. dan Patrick interviewed him last week. he moves the needle.
we need a coach who can move the needle of interest to the national guys.

moving the needle does not mean the like him. it means people want to hear from him
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HawgPound on December 04, 2017, 07:25:46 pm
I would like a ride on the Lane Train but give me Sumlin from that list. I think he would build the program without the mess Kiffin would leave behind in a few years. What a fun few years it would be though.
rumlin ...

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Omahabound on December 04, 2017, 07:29:21 pm

And another damn thing. You are quite the uppity type. Demanding answers like you got some kind of deadline or report you must file quickly. You work for the Madison county weekly or something? IBM? FBI?

You don't get this board, you don't get me. This board is entertainment mixed with some info. I bring info AND entertainment in spades....and these people, most of them anyway, are hog fans and my friends. They don't hinge on this like it is life or death. We all roll with the flow. Duck has been wrong before, Porked tongue has been wrong before, Porkaterian has been wrong before, Lanny, Wilson, Biggus have all been wrong before and I have been wrong before....doesn't mean we don't hear things or that they are definitely wrong. Every one of those guys knows the politics that go on up there and everyone of them is more right than they are wrong...by a big percentage....and other than Duck, none of them like me. But that is how the cookie crumbles sometimes....

But and no offense, you deserve nothing.

PRJ

WPSALLDAY

Guys, keep conducting the Gus bus!

WPSALLDAY

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 07:42:09 pm
And another damn thing. You are quite the uppity type. Demanding answers like you got some kind of deadline or report you must file quickly. You work for the Madison county weekly or something? IBM? FBI?

You don't get this board, you don't get me. This board is entertainment mixed with some info. I bring info AND entertainment in spades....and these people, most of them anyway, are hog fans and my friends. They don't hinge on this like it is life or death. We all roll with the flow. Duck has been wrong before, Porked tongue has been wrong before, Porkaterian has been wrong before, Lanny, Wilson, Biggus have all been wrong before and I have been wrong before....doesn't mean we don't hear things or that they are definitely wrong. Every one of those guys knows the politics that go on up there and everyone of them is more right than they are wrong...by a big percentage....and other than Duck, none of them like me. But that is how the cookie crumbles sometimes....

PRJ

That a boy PRJ

Some people will suck on whatever the media gives them or tells them to do.

RedRock

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 04, 2017, 06:05:59 pm
That's what I'm hearing anyways......can't confirm, but pretty certain Kiffin won't be the guy......wish he was going to be, him or Norvell, but Morris is sounding more and more likely..... :puke:

If Morris is the guy, why is he still interviewing for other jobs?

Pig in the Pokey

PRJ
i aint never met a man that wasnt wrong before. These people ask for info then spit on you for bringing it.

We still bawz regardless of how this pans out, otr.

og
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogPharmer

PRJ

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

JONAS

Quote from: RedRock on December 04, 2017, 07:45:05 pm

Nobody can come to an agreement on who we should hire.

Roaringboar

I heard he interviewed for Tennessee, but there's no official deal between him and Arkansas yet.....that's how these things go, especially when there's another school willing to pay well.....and don't forget the Vols have been very good a recruiting the last few years.....if I was Morris choosing between Arkansas and Tennessee, I'd take a long hard look too at the advantages, if I wasn't a hog fan anyways......I'm not pulling for Morris, I don't like this hire if it is indeed the hire, but I don't think there's an official deal yet....I don't know when, but I heard it could be soon....there's one factor that may have me update the name of this thread in a bit......

duckman

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 04, 2017, 07:11:02 pm
In that case....if it is Sumlin over Kiffin.......let's fire the new AD please because that is just as bad as Morris......

Who said Sumlin was over Kiffin?

checkraiser88

Quote from: HoginhoustonIf on December 04, 2017, 07:38:03 pm
I don't know a lot of people in the know on the hill, but I do know people in Houston. The new AD had a few stipulations. He wanted to interview the next coach before they were hired. Hearing Leach was interviewed today leads me to believe he is in play. I have heard he wanted Sumlin and Kiffin interviews. I have not heard anything about Morris except through Arkansas talking heads.

Makes sense, our talking heads are currently selling us a crappy candidate for some reason

Roaringboar

Quote from: duckman on December 04, 2017, 07:49:59 pm
Who said Sumlin was over Kiffin?

I'm saying that if it is Sumlin over Kiffin in the end.....I'm now hearing Kiffin may not be out yet.....Not saying he's the guy, but I'm hearing he might not be quite out of the picture yet......you hearing the same because earlier you said you heard he wasn't in the picture I do believe.....

TN HOG

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 06:11:48 pm
Kiffin is not out. I repeat, Lane Kiffin is not out.

Figure you will hear much more about him tomorrow.

PRJ

Sweet, I still have hope. This is great news for the program. JMO 
Play like a Champion!

a shady hog

Quote from: ghostzapper on December 04, 2017, 07:30:56 pm
This is an article about Norvell (sorry if already posted) but he sure does talk glowingly of Lane.    https://sports.yahoo.com/memphis-coach-mike-norvell-isnt-anyones-footnote-182832858.html
Glowing? It was about him taking note of Kiffin's use of blue shirt recruiting.

whatsshakinbacon

Not buying this.  Best sources I've got don't have a clue and none have ruled out Kiffin.

Bacon out...

WPS007

Nope.....

PRJ

This is what we need

whatsshakinbacon

Because Sexton is his agent.

Bacon out...

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: HoginhoustonIf on December 04, 2017, 07:38:03 pm

I hope you're right.  I think this guy can make some good hires.  Herman was a good hire.  I think applewhitr was pushed on him a bit because the boosters didn't want the next coach to use UH as a stepping stone.

SmallHog20

First post, here for the coach search. Fan of Venables. Still holding out
60% of the time it works everytime

hehawg

#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

rabidrazorbacks

duckman

I think the Morris rumor today was an intentional leak, a trial balloon....  Everyone and I mean everyone received that leak within an hour of the BOT meeting then every radio talking head was all over it.  Very convenient.... Then Bam, a seemingly out of the blue AD hire. 

Think....

HogKong

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on December 04, 2017, 07:53:41 pm
Not buying this.  Best sources I've got don't have a clue and none have ruled out Kiffin.

Bacon out...

If the best sources you have "don't have a clue" then why would you believe them? So are you saying they don't have a clue, and since they haven't ruled Kiffin out, you believe he definitely is out? Confused....

menehune

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 07:22:21 pm
The BOT doesn't want Morris...Jerry wants Morris. And Jerry has a reason for wanting Morris.

The new AD will have a say in the next coach.

PRJ

What is the reason Jerry wants him...his grandson?

HoopS

PRJ
I was almost wrong that one time.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: HogKong on December 04, 2017, 07:59:44 pm
If the best sources you have "don't have a clue" then why would you believe them? So are you saying they don't have a clue, and since they haven't ruled Kiffin out, you believe he definitely is out? Confused....

I believe he is in play because they would know if he was out.  My response is to the thread topic intimating he's not quite yet out.  He's quite possibly the guy.

JONAS

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 07:22:21 pm
The BOT doesn't want Morris...Jerry wants Morris. And Jerry has a reason for wanting Morris.

The new AD will have a say in the next coach.

PRJ

Does this mean that Norvell is definitely out?

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: HoopS on December 04, 2017, 08:01:46 pm
I was almost wrong that one time.

Well we know Slap that you have a 100% success rate.....

PRJ

HogKong

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on December 04, 2017, 08:02:58 pm
I believe he is in play because they would know if he was out.  My response is to the thread topic intimating he's not quite yet out.  He's quite possibly the guy.

Gotcha! The way you worded your answer seems like you are saying that your best sources don't have a clue! Thanks for clarifying.

Fay-hog

I will not renew my season tickets for first time in 15 years if we hire Morris. No interest

cjack

Uncle Jerry wants his 5'10" qb grandson to be a Razorback just like he was.  That's why we will have to put up with Morris.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Kevin

Quote from: cjack on December 04, 2017, 08:08:12 pm
Uncle Jerry wants his 5'10" qb grandson to be a Razorback just like he was.  That's why we will have to put up with Morris.

he can walk on like his son did
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Roaringboar

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on December 04, 2017, 08:02:58 pm

Changed the thread title because of a new development....wasn't expecting one of my main Morris sources to say he might've actually been plan C this whole time and there really was a plan B and that Plan B is....well....yep.....

David†

Quote from: Omahabound on December 04, 2017, 07:27:44 pm
Ha...Duck knows...yea..he wagon Gruden for 2 months. We see how that urned turned out

Funny that Porkatarian was wrong about Gus and everyone pats him on the back and says that's okay, but duckman will never be forgiven for being wrong about Gruden.