Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norvell Out.....Kiffin almost certainly out....Morris In

Started by Roaringboar, December 04, 2017, 06:05:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogPharmer

Quote from: bythelake on December 04, 2017, 06:58:56 pm
That's what I thought, you have no idea.

No, your post made literally no sense.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 06:57:11 pm
Meth kills.

Kiffin's shenanigans are why we love him.

That plus he is a genius.

PRJ

Jimmy, have you heard anything new, or are we still going off info from a couple days ago?  We start looking more like Tennessee every day.. Maybe they were determined to get he AD first, where he could make the offer? Not sure the hold up, it's not like they aren't the same coaches that were available 2 weeks ago...

Justagp

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 04, 2017, 06:20:28 pm
Dude don't use we when you are talking Razorbacks! Fake ass Hogfan.
Thank you!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 04, 2017, 07:03:29 pm
Jimmy, have you heard anything new, or are we still going off info from a couple days ago?  We start looking more like Tennessee every day.. Maybe they were determined to get he AD first, where he could make the offer? Not sure the hold up, it's not like they aren't the same coaches that were available 2 weeks ago...

My info is within the last hour...smoke from several fronts.

Set the telefax on fire.

Four candidates.

1) Kiffin
2)Morris
3)Leach
4)Sumlin

IT IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really but Lane is deep in the mix.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 04, 2017, 07:00:25 pm
Duck called Gruden last time.....no disrespect meant, but I take anything he says with a grain, actually more like a brick of salt.......

Duck knows.

Trust me.

PRJ

braxhog

Quote from: YAZ on December 04, 2017, 06:16:16 pm
Some of you may not want him...and I'm not saying he's my first choice..BUT we will not be a laughing stock for hiring Chad Morris. He is highly respected in the coaching community.

Morris is very well respected as a coach by everyone....except for Hogville.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 04, 2017, 06:14:36 pm
I do not believe Kiffin to be out.

The more I've researched him and thought about it, he is at the top of my list.
Proven winner.

Roaringboar

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 07:09:46 pm
Duck knows.

Trust me.

PRJ

In that case....if it is Sumlin over Kiffin.......let's fire the new AD please because that is just as bad as Morris......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

InternetDrama

After the Yurachek hire came out of left field (no leaks or hints, that is), I wonder if the the BoT is passing around a joint at their meetings when one turns to the other and says "Dude! You should call Wally Hall and tell him it's gonna be Les Miles." Then they all start giggling like thirteen-year-old girls at a slumber party.
Texas still sucks.

RideTillIDieHawg

Quote from: duckman on December 04, 2017, 06:56:14 pm
1.  Kiffin

2.  Sumlin

I'm good with either. Worst case they would still make bowls and they would end the myth that you can't recruit to Arkansas.

HogKong

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 07:08:39 pm

Set the telefax on fire.

Four candidates.

1) Kiffin
2)Morris
3)Leach
4)Sumlin

PRJ

In that order or just those 4 in no particular order? I heard Kiffin and Sumlin were approved to be interviewed by the new AD if he wanted to pursue.

Dominicanhog

Set the telefax on fire.

Four candidates.

1) Kiffin
2)Morris
3)Leach
4)Sumlin

PRJ

fingers crossed... not sure I wouldn't take Kevin over Chad... but not sure Stephen is guaranteed to play in that case, though..

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 04, 2017, 07:00:25 pm
Duck called Gruden last time.....no disrespect meant, but I take anything he says with a grain, actually more like a brick of salt.......

You have to understand, in 2012 we had a different atmosphere. Long was secretive. The GOBN had their choices....and Long paid no attention to it. Leaks happened and they were wrong, not because they were told bogus info, these dudes really thought we had a shot... But because Long didn't want anybody else's input.

I thought the same thing about Gruden.

PRJ

JONAS

Quote from: Hoggie17 on December 04, 2017, 06:10:56 pm
I have thought form get go we were going to hire Chad Morris. In the past when I don't want a particular coach that is who we wind up with.  It started with Nutt, I wanted Tubby. 

That's the way it goes for me.  I want Kiffin or Norvell, so that means no.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 04, 2017, 06:05:59 pm
That's what I'm hearing anyways......can't confirm, but pretty certain Kiffin won't be the guy......wish he was going to be, him or Norvell, but Morris is sounding more and more likely..... :puke:
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

cjack

Quote from: InternetDrama on December 04, 2017, 07:11:28 pm
After the Yurachek hire came out of left field (no leaks or hints, that is), I wonder if the the BoT is passing around a joint at their meetings when one turns to the other and says "Dude! You should call Wally Hall and tell him it's gonna be Les Miles." Then they all start giggling like thirteen-year-old girls at a slumber party.

That made me lol.  Nice
Woooo Pig Soooie!

hawgdavis

Wait are you the new ad undercover. I kid I kid . Leach was interviewed today and I believe PRJ about Kiffin. I wasn't a Kiffin supporter at first and all you have to do is look back at my post about him you will know it. I've warned up recently to him and could see him on the sidelines.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: HogKong on December 04, 2017, 07:11:52 pm
In that order or just those 4 in no particular order? I heard Kiffin and Sumlin were approved to be interviewed by the new AD if he wanted to pursue.

No particular order....although I think the top 2 are in order....and the new AD will cast the deciding vote.

PRJ

Hollywood_HOGan45

A loser at every head coaching job he's been (outside fau) at including a top 5 job.  Yea sign me up.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: InternetDrama on December 04, 2017, 07:11:28 pm

LOL.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 04, 2017, 07:13:57 pm
A loser at every head coaching job he's been (outside fau) at including a top 5 job.  Yea sign me up.

Lane Kiffin.

PRJ

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 04, 2017, 06:47:30 pm
Agreed.....I hear nothing is official yet, but it's almost to the point where the next step is waiting for the ink to dry......

Had a good little troll going but then you got greedy.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Hollywood_HOGan45

If we want to hit rock bottom again we will hire kiffin.

Kevin

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 07:15:21 pm
Lane Kiffin.

PRJ

hasn't he already interviewed, so I guess he will have tp do it again with new ad
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Mellon Collie

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 04, 2017, 07:13:57 pm

45-25 at the college level. what a loser.

ghostzapper

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 04, 2017, 06:21:37 pm
I'd prefer Norvell, because I think he could do the job and would remain at Arkansas, long term. Lane Kiffin would be my #2 and only because he would leave after having turned us around.
They can both do the job, if provided the resources to compete and I'd be damn thrilled with either one.
PLEASE no Chad Morris, Skip Holtz, or Tim Horton!!!!

If Lane turns it around here, he will be God and he'll have anything he wants for life.  He's had USC.  Don't think he wants Bama.  He won't go up north.  That leaves what, Texas, FSU?  I don't think he bolts us as readily as some of you suggest. 

kennypig

December 04, 2017, 07:18:11 pm #127 Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:03:41 pm by kennypig
Well, heck.  No Malzahn, no Norvell, no Kiffin, no Venables ? 
I can tell you I don't want Leach, Holgerson, Morris, Strong, Nutt, or Jon Gruden.
I heard someone saw Petrino on his motorcycle on I-40 west of Memphis, but I don't want him either.
Either get Bob Stoops or tell them to give me a call, I'll whip those guys into shape. And I don't have a buy out.

Roaringboar

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 04, 2017, 07:15:37 pm
Had a good little troll going but then you got greedy.

Not trolling......being serious here......I still think Morris is the guy.....I HOPE I'M WRONG, but I think Morris is going to be the guy......I think the BOT is taking more authority in this hire than the last and the new AD, though any other hires he will have a say in, I don't think he'll have as much say in this one.....I think the BOT knows who they want, and I think it's Morris.....I want to be wrong on this, and if anyone can shut it down, do so quickly please, but everything I'm hearing points to Morris....

claytonsdad

If anyone has access to or knows the custodians in the athletic buildings, they know who is about to be hired and generally who is about to be fired. I have no idea who is going to be the next coach, but they do.  Everyone ignores them and they hear and see everything.  Custodians and secretaries are the most well connected people there are.  I know it sounds strange, but it's true.

porkrindjimmy

247Hog

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on December 04, 2017, 06:07:11 pm
We are going to be a laughing stock.

OMFG you guys don't even make Trolling a challenge.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 04, 2017, 07:16:25 pm
If we want to hit rock bottom again we will hire kiffin.

Again, that's where we are now.. we want off the bottom..

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Kevin on December 04, 2017, 07:17:26 pm
hasn't he already interviewed, so I guess he will have tp do it again with new ad

And from what I hear, will get a 2nd interview tomorrow.

PRJ

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 04, 2017, 07:18:29 pm
Not trolling......being serious here......I still think Morris is the guy.....I HOPE I'M WRONG, but I think Morris is going to be the guy......I think the BOT is taking more authority in this hire than the last and the new AD, though any other hires he will have a say in, I don't think he'll have as much say in this one.....I think the BOT knows who they want, and I think it's Morris.....I want to be wrong on this, and if anyone can shut it down, do so quickly please, but everything I'm hearing points to Morris....

Hearing from where?  "I'm hearing" means absolutely nothing to anyone.  Either say whom you're hearing it from or just stop.  There are a thousand people on this board claiming to be "hearing" stuff.  Get in line.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Bubba's Bruisers

Welcome to the dark side. We've been expecting you.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

porkrindjimmy

The BOT doesn't want Morris...Jerry wants Morris. And Jerry has a reason for wanting Morris.

The new AD will have a say in the next coach.

PRJ

PharmacistHog

Tell your sources pharm thinks they're full of crap.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Roaringboar

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 07:20:13 pm
Lane Kiffin.

PRJ

I hope you're right, but I'm hearing the chemisty isn't right between him and the BOT.....

rzrbackramsfan

JONAS

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 04, 2017, 07:22:30 pm
I hope you're right, but I'm hearing the chemisty isn't right between him and the BOT.....

I'm thinking Kiffin is the new Gruden.

ifghog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 07:20:13 pm
Lane Kiffin.

PRJ
If we truly want to win big again we have to hire Kiffin! No more moram B.S..

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: JONAS on December 04, 2017, 07:23:51 pm

Keep listening to those dudes on that other board.

PRJ

HawgPound

Set the telefax on fire.

Four candidates.

1) Kiffin
2)Morris
3)Leach
4)Sumlin

PRJ
I would like a ride on the Lane Train but give me Sumlin from that list. I think he would build the program without the mess Kiffin would leave behind in a few years. What a fun few years it would be though.

porkrindjimmy

checkraiser88

Kevin

doesn't sumlin like to participate in the same activity (to excess) that our last coach does.

Omahabound

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 07:09:46 pm
Duck knows.

Trust me.

PRJ
Ha...Duck knows...yea..he wagon Gruden for 2 months. We see how that urned turned out

Roaringboar

Quote from: JONAS on December 04, 2017, 07:23:51 pm

More like Les was.....Gus was the new Gruden because everyone had it he was coming here then....well....we know how that went.....then Les used us as leverage, and I'm not saying that's what Kiffin is up to or anything, but people thought it was possible then he got his extension......I think Kiffin looks like the guy everyone wants, and he would be great, but he won't be our hire at the end of the day.......I want him to be, him or Norvell would be good, but I just don't think it's going to happen.....and I don't think it's just by accident everyone who's anyone in Arkansas sports media is talking up Morris today, which I know is the overall consenus, but I just don't think it's an accident everyone's hopping on the Morris wagon, especially with what I've heard......

HogPharmer

Quote from: Kevin on December 04, 2017, 07:27:07 pm
doesn't sumlin like to participate in the same activity (to excess) that our last coach does.

Binge eating at the Golden Corral?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.