Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norvell Out.....Kiffin almost certainly out....Morris In

Started by Roaringboar, December 04, 2017, 06:05:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaringboar

December 04, 2017, 06:05:59 pm Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 04:30:32 pm by Roaringboar
That's what I'm hearing anyways......can't confirm, but pretty certain Kiffin won't be the guy......wish he was going to be, him or Norvell, but Morris is sounding more and more likely..... :puke:
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

checkraiser88

I think I'll speak for the majority on this board that hope you are full of crap!!

Arkansas Fan

We are going to be a laughing stock.

Scuderia

Jackson_64

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 04, 2017, 06:05:59 pm
That's what I'm hearing anyways......can't confirm, but pretty certain Kiffin won't be the guy......wish he was going to be, him or Norvell, but Morris is sounding more and more likely..... :puke:

I'd put money on you being correct on this. I truly hate to say that.
Lane Kiffin.

And it is way closer to happening then you think.

Way closer.

PRJ

xxtomassxx1980

You the new Assistant AD?

LawyerHog50

"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

Hog Milanese

Roaringboar

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 04, 2017, 06:06:39 pm
I think I'll speak for the majority on this board that hope you are full of crap!!

Me too.......just have to wait and see......I hope we don't hire freakin' Morris......

Coach Obvious

HogKong

Unfortunately nobody actually knows anything except for Yurachek and a few others. Based on the AD hire I'm guessing there are no real leaks happening and the names we are hearing are not correct.

Media has not said Kiffin or Sumlin....I would start there.

TheEnemy

If so then we shat and fell back in it.   :'(

Hog Milanese

WPSALLDAY

Show us a text or prove it. Tired of the media trolling!!

Kneph13

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on December 04, 2017, 06:07:11 pm
We are going to be a laughing stock.

We have been for years.  Nothing new on that front.
There is no Political Correctness in war

4me2know

It's called research and vetting

Hoggie17

I have thought form get go we were going to hire Chad Morris. In the past when I don't want a particular coach that is who we wind up with.  It started with Nutt, I wanted Tubby. 

The Boar War

Its going to be Morris.  You don't even have to read the tea leaves just listen to everyone in the media screaming at you trying to convince you how good he is.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Philip Seaton

Considering they just hired an athletic director. I would say what  you (as is what most people are) are hearing is probably no where near what is actually going on. No offense.

porkrindjimmy

Kiffin is not out. I repeat, Lane Kiffin is not out.

Figure you will hear much more about him tomorrow.

PRJ

Roaringboar

Quote from: Coach Obvious on December 04, 2017, 06:08:20 pm
"Hearing" where?

Sources......like every other hogvillian, that's why I can't confirm......I'm really hoping this is wrong, but a lot of it makes sense and sounds rational......

hobhog

Quote from: 4me2know on December 04, 2017, 06:10:09 pm
It's called research and vetting

Drama queens dont want to hear that. Just want sexy hire no matter consequences.

Roaringboar

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 06:11:48 pm

PRJ

Hope you're right.......Morris would be a disaster.....

WilsonHog

I do not believe Kiffin to be out.

The more I've researched him and thought about it, he is at the top of my list.

Hoggie17

PRJ
I hope you are right.

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 04, 2017, 06:12:13 pm
Sources......like every other hogvillian, that's why I can't confirm......I'm really hoping this is wrong, but a lot of it makes sense and sounds rational......

[gifv]
https://i.imgur.com/nVTRe8o.gif[/gifv]

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: The Boar War on December 04, 2017, 06:11:02 pm
Its going to be Morris.  You don't even have to read the tea leaves just listen to everyone in the media screaming at you trying to convince you how good he is.

and based on very recent history regarding the HC search, the media was (and probably still is) totally clueless.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

YAZ

Some of you may not want him...and I'm not saying he's my first choice..BUT we will not be a laughing stock for hiring Chad Morris. He is highly respected in the coaching community.

SooieGeneris

Yurachek will be getting off to a bad start with many fans if it is Morris.

There is no HC he could hire who will be universally liked by the fans and media, but if he brings in Morris, the media will tell us he is the next Saban, and a large portion of the fans will  :puke:

Not a good way to start your era and if he does this, if it doesn't turn around pretty quickly, both will be on the hot seat together.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

onebadrubi

Unless a name was already locked up waiting on an AD, this AD will have some guys he knows.  he will make a phone call or two, it would not look any better than him to walk in to his new gig bringing in a name that the PTB didn't have on the radar or couldn't get a response.  Low hanging fruit answer to that would be Kiffin because popular name, supposedly JCP discussed, and new AD has interviewed before. 

However, I would EXPECT this AD to at least discuss and bring up at least one name not previously on the table.  He will also have his say so in all the obvious names already mentioned, Norvell especially. 

Roaringboar

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 04, 2017, 06:14:36 pm

He's tied at the top of mine with Norvell and even Venebles who I thought stood a chance, but peronsally I think he may be out too, but that one's just me guessing right now........

Pecos Hog

PRJ

Thanks for info.    Suffice it to say that they have "narrowed it down" to a couple of candidates?

ARfan#1

PRJ
Don't toy with my emotions, PRJ!

SmokinHog

Thank you.

Not that our opinions matter, but when you look at it from all angles, he's the guy.

WPSALLDAY

Then why are they trying to convince us? Keep the Kiffin and Norvell y'all up!! We will not stop until we're winning on the hill!! Muffins a ferrari, Morris is a pinto and norvell, is a range.

Semper Hogelis

The AD from Houston and Chad Morris.  OMG!!!  How about the next time we fire our AD and coach lets have a plan first.  Jesus.  No worries Tennessee.  You're no longer going to be biggest idiots in college football.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

GuvHog

Quote from: The Boar War on December 04, 2017, 06:11:02 pm

They'd better hurry if he's the one. Wife's niece and her husband live in Newport Tennessee (near Knoxville) and they say word up there is Tennessee is preparing to make Morris an offer.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

IronHog

Do I need to explain how trophy wives work?

Yours Living on the west coast with your three trophies is a huge red flag

See how much this latest trophy wife messed things up?  Kiffin is worse
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

stronguard

Im not even sure Kiffin was "in" until we hired Yurachek.  Now I think hes "in" more than ever before. 
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

HogKong

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 04, 2017, 06:16:41 pm
Unless a name was already locked up waiting on an AD, this AD will have some guys he knows.  he will make a phone call or two, it would not look any better than him to walk in to his new gig bringing in a name that the PTB didn't have on the radar or couldn't get a response.  Low hanging fruit answer to that would be Kiffin because popular name, supposedly JCP discussed, and new AD has interviewed before. 

However, I would EXPECT this AD to at least discuss and bring up at least one name not previously on the table.  He will also have his say so in all the obvious names already mentioned, Norvell especially. 

I'm pretty certain that his head coaching choices for us would have been apart of the interview process for all of the AD choices. On top of his other qualifications it seems like his relationship with Kiffin would be completely in line with what JCP wanted from the beginning in hiring Kiffin and allowed them to bring in one additional person with real control to be on their side of who was wanted.

Dark Helmet Hog

Based on what just happened with the AD hire, the fact that Morris's name is out there so much means he is not it.

WPS007

PRJ

The voice of sanity
Thanks and just say no to Chad

ipigsooie

We made our voice heard at the end of Bretts tenure. If the ptb push someone down our throats we can push back. I'll never give up on my hogs but I am not a rich guy. I make sacrifices to go to the 3 games a year I go to every year. I'll give Morris a shot but if I don't see some meaningful change really quick I'll make financial decisions to use my money for other things. I am NOT excited about this hire. LACKLUSTER AT BEST

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Kneph13 on December 04, 2017, 06:09:47 pm
We have been for years.  Nothing new on that front.
Dude don't use we when you are talking Razorbacks! Fake ass Hogfan.

The real Hogules

I'd prefer Norvell, because I think he could do the job and would remain at Arkansas, long term. Lane Kiffin would be my #2 and only because he would leave after having turned us around.
They can both do the job, if provided the resources to compete and I'd be damn thrilled with either one.
PLEASE no Chad Morris, Skip Holtz, or Tim Horton!!!!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 04, 2017, 06:16:33 pm

and he will make an IMMEDIATE splash which is exactly what this program needs if he delivers Kiffin.....can you imagine DWRRS next year with Lane as HC!!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

East TN HAWG

Quote from: WPSALLDAY on December 04, 2017, 06:18:32 pm
Then why are they trying to convince us? Keep the Kiffin and Norvell y’all up!! We will not stop until we’re winning on the hill!! Muffins a ferrari, Morris is a pinto and norvell, is a range.

They want to try and feed us a turd sandwich.  You'll like it.   

nwahogs

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 04, 2017, 06:16:33 pm

There is no HC he could hire who will be universally liked by the fans and media, but if he brings in Morris, the media will tell us he is the next Saban, and a large portion of the fans will  :puke:

Not a good way to start your era and if he does this, if it doesn't turn around pretty quickly, both will be on the hot seat together.

If it's MORRIS, he had no say

menehune

Listened to Brent Venables talking about Morris. It sure sounded as if Venables was saying he wasn't going to be the coach, but Morris would be a great hire!