Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOT TAKE: If JCP gets us Lane, she should be AD.

Started by WalHog2018, December 03, 2017, 09:38:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WalHog2018

PigInTheHole

12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

Arkansas Fan

Shouldn't be that hard to get Lane to leave FAU for an SEC job. It wouldn't be impressive.

HOGINTENNESSEE

King Kong

WalHog2018

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on December 03, 2017, 09:39:56 pm
Shouldn't be that hard to get Lane to leave FAU for an SEC job. It wouldn't be impressive.
I think it would. Considering the rumor is that he is holding out for an even bigger job than Arkansas.

Hawgboy64

And she would be fired in 3 years or less with Kiffin's BS
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

TebowHater

This times a million. The fact she hasn't been able to convince anyone of this already speaks more to how ineffective she would be as AD here. Nothing against here, but if GOBN is going to have this much role, you have to have someone who can work them like Frank did.

WalHog2018

Quote from: Hawgboy64 on December 03, 2017, 09:41:26 pm
And she would be fired in 3 years or less with Kiffin's BS
Lane has matured according to people at FAU

DMacsBat

Why did't Tennessee, TAMU, Florida, or Miss St., or LSU (last year) get him?
WOOD BROUGHT.

alohawg

Would her pulling it off have anything to do with her being a her?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

JONAS

WalHog2018

Quote from: TebowHater on December 03, 2017, 09:41:45 pm
This times a million. The fact she hasn't been able to convince anyone of this already speaks more to how ineffective she would be as AD here. Nothing against here, but if GOBN is going to have this much role, you have to have someone who can work them like Frank did.
that person obviously doesn't exist. Quit living in the past

_Hamlet_

NEVER. Ill never let a Mizzou graduate work in my program.

Simple Swineman

That part wouldn't be impressive. But it would be very impressive that she went to bat for Kiffin amidst strong pushback from the PTB and won.

lakecityhog

Let's see, pick up phone, dial Kiffin's number and offer job. Not sure how qualified you have to be to do that! Kiffin has been all but begging for an SEC job for the last 3 or 4 weeks.

The bigger question should be, is he the guy?

Sed76

You say that like she would have to move heaven and earth to get the guy to take the job. Now if she could get Saban or Dabo to come to Arkansas then give her the keys to the kingdom.

WalHog2018

Quote from: Simple Swineman on December 03, 2017, 09:42:58 pm
That part wouldn't be impressive. But it would be very impressive that she went to bat for Kiffin amidst strong pushback from the PTB and won.
this

WalHog2018

Quote from: Sed76 on December 03, 2017, 09:43:15 pm
You say that like she would have to move heaven and earth to get the guy to take the job. Now if she could get Saban or Dabo to come to Arkansas then give her the keys to the kingdom.
Lane is holding out for a bigger job than Arkansas. So for him to change his mind for Arkansas would be impressive

TebowHater

Quote from: WalHog2018 on December 03, 2017, 09:42:38 pm
that person obviously doesn't exist. Quit living in the past

Fundamentally disagree. Jeff operated independently the past ten years just fine.

There are other people out there who instill enough confidence in them that they can do the job. And they may not be good at said job in whcih case they will get fired like Jeff, but they will at least be able to do it. smh

AHiD

My name...is Jerruh

_Hamlet_

Hiring Kiffin is like recruiting a top ranked Junior College athelte to play for a big 5 school. Nothing impressive here. If she recruited a 4 or 5 star athlete then I might consider her staying.

TebowHater

Quote from: WalHog2018 on December 03, 2017, 09:44:19 pm
Lane is holding out for a bigger job than Arkansas. So for him to change his mind for Arkansas would be impressive

Are you JCP? Or one of her cronies?

Just wondering.

_Hamlet_

Quote from: WalHog2018 on December 03, 2017, 09:44:19 pm

Did he tell you that??

Torqued pork

I'm good for their romantic getaway on the Mediterranean, seriously.

TebowHater

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on December 03, 2017, 09:45:15 pm
Hiring Kiffin is like recruiting a top ranked Junior College athelte to play for a big 5 school. Nothing impressive here. If she recruited a 4 or 5 star athlete then I might consider her staying.

Correct. Give me Dabo, Kelly, Peterson, Patterson, Fisher, even Mullen and we can talk.

WalHog2018

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on December 03, 2017, 09:45:15 pm
Hiring Lane is like getting the 5 star running back from Miami. Hiring anyone else is like getting the walk-on from Benton. @ me.

DMacsBat

WOOD BROUGHT.

SlickWilly

Quote from: TebowHater on December 03, 2017, 09:45:45 pm
Are you JCP? Or one of her cronies?

Just wondering.

Walhog I think he called you a girl.

WalHog2018

blu

Put me in the never Kiffin crowd - immature baby is how my wie describes him, and I have to agree.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

DMacsBat

Saban or Dabo? Come on, brother.
WOOD BROUGHT.

_Hamlet_

Quote from: WalHog2018 on December 03, 2017, 09:47:04 pm
Hiring Lane is like getting the 5 star running back from Miami. Hiring anyone else is like getting the walk-on from Benton. @ me.

*preferred.

DMacsBat

Quote from: blu on December 03, 2017, 09:49:09 pm
Put me in the never Kiffin crowd - immature baby is how my wie describes him, and I have to agree.

How your wife described him? Did she fall prey to joey freshwater?
WOOD BROUGHT.

_Hamlet_

Quote from: WoooPigNation on December 03, 2017, 09:49:30 pm
While I agree with Kiffin, I think you underestimate the politics involved in the situation at hand. It really is all Long's fault for leaving the program in the state it's in.  Tommy Boyer wants Horton. JCP wants Kiffin. Everyone else wanted Gus.

I think Kiffin is the right hire, but it doesn't fix the TOXIC atmosphere that Long created. I hate talking about another person's job, but house needs to be cleaned - including Steinmetz. Get a person with strong Arkansas ties, and foster a united Arkansas.  I support a Kiffin hire. Do not support JCP.

Did this all derive from Long cutting out the Bible studies with the athletes?

WalHog2018

DMacsBat

While I agree with Kiffin, I think you underestimate the politics involved in the situation at hand. It really is all Long's fault for leaving the program in the state it's in.  Tommy Boyer wants Horton. JCP wants Kiffin. Everyone else wanted Gus.

I think Kiffin is the right hire, but it doesn't fix the TOXIC atmosphere that Long created. I hate talking about another person's job, but house needs to be cleaned - including Steinmetz. Get a person with strong Arkansas ties, and foster a united Arkansas.  I support a Kiffin hire. Do not support JCP.

AMEN on Arkansas ties, brother. Not sure about cleaning house.
WOOD BROUGHT.

SNORTZENHOGGER

Bobby, Fools'ball is from the devil... Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like HOGVILLE, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good! And by the way, Mama. "HOGVILLE POSTERS" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!

WalHog2018

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on December 03, 2017, 09:51:11 pm
He did what?!?

NuttinItUp

If she gets us Kiffin, I would support her for supreme ruler of the universe!!

3kgthog

_Hamlet_

It is Longs fault for being fired?

WalHog2018

Quote from: WoooPigNation on December 03, 2017, 09:51:53 pm
Jeff Long's legacy in a picture:
JCP supports Coke products and the slobbering hog. If that were true, would you get behind her?

DMacsBat

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on December 03, 2017, 09:51:11 pm

Look, I'm a bible man myself but this is a weird argument. Don't get those guys started on the bible study debacle. I've seen them argue it and it makes me have to pray for people to not twist and bend scripture.
WOOD BROUGHT.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: WalHog2018 on December 03, 2017, 09:52:45 pm
JCP supports Coke products and the slobbering hog. If that were true, would you get behind her?
and hires norvell or kiffin? sure could entertain it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

DMacsBat

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 03, 2017, 09:52:27 pm
His twitter activity says otherwise.

My son always updates me on Lane's twitter activity. I think it's quite funny. It's like he has fun, a real players coach.
WOOD BROUGHT.

WalHog2018

DMacsBat

WOOD BROUGHT.