Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ross

Started by mountainhog, July 07, 2016, 07:44:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainhog

Whatever happened with him?  Last I heard he was wanting  to transfer here.

RealHog

More like we all wanted him to transfer here. He's a SF type but has more of a half court old man game. Could be he's not a great fit for F40,  just wants to finish out at TT, or still hadn't graduated. I think we could always use a 6-8 guy who can shoot. Especially just to fill our unused scholly this year.

King Kong

I actually think he is a great fit, but that's whatever.

He hasn't graduated from TT so he isn't an option unless he graduates over the summer.

Texas Tech's next graduation date is Aug 13th. If he graduates that that time we will find out if the rumors were true.

I personally don't think it's happening. But I wish it would

mhuff

Quote from: King Kong on July 07, 2016, 09:46:19 am
I actually think he is a great fit, but that's whatever.

He hasn't graduated from TT so he isn't an option unless he graduates over the summer.

Texas Tech's next graduation date is Aug 13th. If he graduates that that time we will find out if the rumors were true.

I personally don't think it's happening. But I wish it would

Actually think he's a great fit as well. Exactly what we have needed for a long time

nwahogfan1

Quote from: RealHog on July 07, 2016, 09:27:23 am
More like we all wanted him to transfer here. He's a SF type but has more of a half court old man game. Could be he's not a great fit for F40,  just wants to finish out at TT, or still hadn't graduated. I think we could always use a 6-8 guy who can shoot. Especially just to fill our unused scholly this year.

I was never a big fan of Ross either unless you don't think Thomas or Cook is going to work out. I say go get a 6'10 guy who can play both the 4/5 who can back up both Trey and Moses.

TrueBlue

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 07, 2016, 01:17:23 pm
I was never a big fan of Ross either unless you don't think Thomas or Cook is going to work out. I say go get a 6'10 guy who can play both the 4/5 who can back up both Trey and Moses.

Hard to find 6'10" guys that can play that style of play - not too many Moses Kingsleys around. We have had more 6'10" busts than probably any other size.

Hawg Red

HoopS

if only they grew on trees.

azhog10

Why stop there? I'd love to find a 6'10 guy that can play the 2-5, who can start right away alongside moses......

nwahogfan1

Quote from: TrueBlue on July 07, 2016, 01:36:22 pm
Hard to find 6'10" guys that can play that style of play - not too many Moses Kingsleys around. We have had more 6'10" busts than probably any other size.

You got a whole world out there to look and a butt load of money and resources for our coaching staff.  It is not like we are only looking in Arkansas.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 08, 2016, 05:33:54 am
You got a whole world out there to look and a butt load of money and resources for our coaching staff.  It is not like we are only looking in Arkansas.

Better programs with better coaches can't even do what you ask. Right now Michigan State only has 1 guy listed as 6'10 on there roster and they are a successful program that depends on quality big man defenders.

Please look around at the rest of college basketball. We are extremely fortunate to even have one quality big man the caliber of Moses.

farmhawg

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on July 08, 2016, 06:56:24 am
Better programs with better coaches can't even do what you ask. Right now Michigan State only has 1 guy listed as 6'10 on there roster and they are a successful program that depends on quality big man defenders.

Please look around at the rest of college basketball. We are extremely fortunate to even have one quality big man the caliber of Moses.
That doesn't fit his agenda.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!