Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This game means NOTHING to this season

Started by hogsanity, January 07, 2017, 09:22:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

It was a free roll. The big deal is coming up when they play 6 of 8 on the road. Split those & hold serve at home & they are still in great shape heading down the stretch.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

code red

To do what?  1 n done in March?  So what?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

rude1

Yes, big picture here. This was a long shot chance to play above our heads, the true test will be the remaining schedule and doing enough to be a solid Tourney team.

hogsanity

Quote from: code red on January 07, 2017, 09:26:53 pm

Once you get there its mainly about matchups. Coming off 16-16 its a step.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rude1

Yeah because this program has been doing that consistently over the last 25+ years........

hamsam

Sure it does. It means another loss. Just like any other loss does.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

HawgnCorona

Soooo, what are you going do with all this time on your hands....long time to football season?
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HoopS

Dear Lord I must be sick. I agree with hogsanity thoroughly here.

hogsanity

Quote from: hamsam on January 07, 2017, 09:31:00 pm

But it was already baked in as a loss. Its not like losing at home to mizzu or something like that.

HoopS

same thing Houston Texan fans spent all week whimpering on the radio about. And now they're onto the next round.

Play the games and see.

hamsam

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2017, 09:33:49 pm
But it was already baked in as a loss. Its not like losing at home to mizzu or something like that.

Gotcha... But it does mean we are no where near the top of the college bassetball world.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

26.2Hog

Quote from: HoopS on January 07, 2017, 09:33:28 pm

All sickness is not death.  But when you agree with hogsanity you're pushing your luck.

hoglady

Quote from: hamsam on January 07, 2017, 09:31:00 pm

Not really in basketball.
RPI is everything.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogsanity

Quote from: HoopS on January 07, 2017, 09:33:28 pm

But they can't turn around and lay and egg against msu or mizzu, really hurt to drop one of those, but I do not think they will.

hogwood

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2017, 09:22:06 pm
It was a free roll. The big deal is coming up when they play 6 of 8 on the road. Split those & hold serve at home & they are still in great shape heading down the stretch.

We only play 4 of the next 8 on the road.

Knot2brite

1 and done in March is a hell of a better situation than sitting your ass at home and not having a chance to play for the trophy...
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HoopS on January 07, 2017, 09:34:49 pm
same thing Houston Texan fans spent all week whimpering on the radio about. And now they're onto the next round.

Play the games and see.

Surely they didn't think they would lose to a 3rd team qb in his first ever start.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: hogwood on January 07, 2017, 09:41:04 pm
We only play 4 of the next 8 on the road.

There is a stretch coming up where they play 6 of 8 on the road. But no the next 2 are home.

HoopS

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 07, 2017, 09:42:51 pm
Surely they didn't think they would lose to a 3rd team qb in his first ever start.
oh there were local idiot talk show hosts saying they would. They hate Osweiller so badly that they refused to even consider the whole picture. Sucks that I'm a fan of teams that have tons of their own fans constantly trashing their team.

Hogmeier

The love fest Anderson gave Monk after the game proved this game meant nothing.

And if he don't care, neither should I!

elksnort

The guys played hard and fairly poised I thought.

The key is how we do against these other not-so-great teams

HoopS

Quote from: Hogmeier on January 07, 2017, 09:47:20 pm

wth?

He doesn't care. Omg some of you.

I love reading this stuff.

Dirty

Bye 👋 Felica

Danny J

Quote from: elksnort on January 07, 2017, 09:47:39 pm
The guys played hard and fairly poised I thought.

The key is how we do against these other not-so-great teams
Yep...just need to continue to play with focus...like we are on a mission to prove ourselves and we will be fine. I feel ok with this team right now.

AirWarren

Hmmm. White trash usually has a hard time understanding sportsmanship.

Rbill

I would have rather seen the entire team and staff walk by Monk pretending he's invisible. Would have done me good.

Kevin

Move on to the next game. Like it or not we are playing for 3rd in the league. 3rd in the league means NCAA tournament.

Once you are in the dance you got a chance
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Porked Tongue

On it's face, I agree.

Though a win would have obviously meant something.

The real measuring stick looms.

Hogmeier

Quote from: HoopS on January 07, 2017, 09:52:20 pm
wth?

He doesn't care. Omg some of you.

I love reading this stuff.

WTH! I bet you cheered for Monk each time he had the ball, right?

hogsanity

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 07, 2017, 10:03:15 pm
On it's face, I agree.

Though a win would have obviously meant something.

The real measuring stick looms.

Oh a win would have been a big boost.

elksnort

Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2017, 09:59:58 pm
how do you know that he's white?

HoopS

Quote from: Hogmeier on January 07, 2017, 10:04:15 pm
WTH! I bet you cheered for Monk each time he had the ball, right?
dude.

How freaking weird.

No, I didn't. I celebrated every mistake he made. I was glad he got hit in the balls.

But I understand sportsmanship and I understanding coaching and players. I understand MA spent a long time building a relationship. He likely had words of wisdom for the kid. I've done the same. Didn't take a dang thing away from the game or how much it meant to anyone.

If you don't understand that, you may want to rethink sports.

AirWarren

Quote from: elksnort on January 07, 2017, 10:07:55 pm
how do you know that he's white?

This board is flooded with North Ark folks. It is a solid guess.

hogwood

What did he say? Didn't hear it.

Hogmeier

Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2017, 09:59:58 pm

White Trash? Is that the most creative name you could come up with for me? You poor thing!

Great sportsmanship! But a hand shake, good game and go to the locker room. Every other Kentucky player got that, why was Monk so special? He is, after all, a Kentucky player!

Hogs958

ya losing by 26 means nothing. It's all good according to a lot of people.

elksnort

Quote from: HoopS on January 07, 2017, 10:08:03 pm
dude.

How freaking weird.

No, I didn't. I celebrated every mistake he made. I was glad he got hit in the balls.

But I understand sportsmanship and I understanding coaching and players. I understand MA spent a long time building a relationship. He likely had words of wisdom for the kid. I've done the same. Didn't take a dang thing away from the game or how much it meant to anyone.

not to mention how CMA handle that shows class I can help him in the future

elksnort

Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2017, 10:09:14 pm
cool so you come to my rescue when I make a comment on the reverse situation

HoopS

Quote from: elksnort on January 07, 2017, 10:12:12 pm
not to mention how CMA handle that shows class I can help him in the future
true

Hogmeier

Quote from: HoopS on January 07, 2017, 10:08:03 pm
dude.

How freaking weird.

Hand shake, good game and go to the locker room! If you don't understand that then I bet you believe in participation trophies.

AirWarren

Quote from: elksnort on January 07, 2017, 10:12:58 pm
cool so you come to my rescue when I make a comment on the reverse situation

Nope. I could care less about your rescue.

HoopS

Quote from: Hogmeier on January 07, 2017, 10:13:57 pm
Hand shake, good game and go to the locker room! If you don't understand that then I bet you believe in participation trophies.
yes sure. Your judgement sucks.

Hogmeier

Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2017, 10:09:14 pm

Oh, white trash, yes! I'll own that! NWA, not even close!

But thanks for showing your narrow mindedness!

elksnort

CMA embrasing Monk is a smart move. And can help recruiting.

Tomorrow I can tell you why. Tired of pushing buttons.

elksnort

Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2017, 10:15:07 pm
Nope. I could care less about your rescue.
You are revealing yourself. Poorly.

Good effort by Hogs.

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: hamsam on January 07, 2017, 09:36:04 pm
Gotcha... But it does mean we are no where near the top of the college bassetball world.

Exactly.  Andersonville.  Smack-dab in the middle of nowhere.

Hogmeier

Quote from: HoopS on January 07, 2017, 10:15:17 pm
yes sure. Your judgement sucks.

Maybe next time, if there is a next time, the Hogs can carry Monk on their shoulders to HIS locker room. That would be awesome sportsmanship, right!

beachhog

Was hoping we would not get blown out in the second half. Tells me we have a lot of work to do.  Proud they didn't quit and showed some moxy.  If we get better from this, I'll take it.  But I hate losing to KY.

HoopS

Quote from: Hogmeier on January 07, 2017, 10:21:17 pm
Maybe next time, if there is a next time, the Hogs can carry Monk on their shoulders to HIS locker room. That would be awesome sportsmanship, right!
I can't stand Monk or his brother. I'm glad he didn't play a major role today. I cannot stand Ky and think their program is a disgrace to college athletics. I played college sports and was recruited by more than one program. To see a coach say a few extra words to one he spent so much time recruiting is not unusual at all. Nothing to get bent out of shape by but you go ahead and be pissed about it all you want.