Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's not in Anyone's Best Interest that Bielema be Fired

Started by WilsonHog, September 16, 2017, 09:41:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbk4life

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2017, 11:51:30 am
Question is, who in P-5 is going to hire a HC who has underachieved? Who had a chance to win at least 9 in each of the last 3 seasons, but didn't? I mean, unless everyone just thinks, "you can't recruit well to Arkansas and it is after all, the SEC West". Is Vanderbilt looking for a new coach? Arizona or Arizona State? Minnesota has a new HC, Indiana as well, Purdue is making some noise so far, maybe Illinois if Lovie Smith flames out? Not sure he would be a good fit in the Pac 12, Big 12, SEC or the ACC. That leaves a return to the Big Ten. He either makes the team recover from TCU and have a big year here this year or he may be gone, even if it doesn't actually happen until after 2018.

I think the A&M game looms large. You win against the aggies and you stop the bleeding but IF you lose, this season could go downhill fast with games against South Carolina, bama and auburn coming up
Let's call those hogs!!!!

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: The NewEra on September 16, 2017, 10:44:41 am
Agreed Wilson that it's not in anyone's best interest for Bielema to be fired.  I totally disagree with your scenario.

If Bielema turns this season around and wins 8 or more it will be viewed as progress.  He won't quit!

If he wins less than eight games he'll still be here for the 2018 season.  He won't be fired!  He will be sitting on the front burner of the hot seat though with a mandatory requirement to win nine or more games in 2018.

Anyone who thinks Bielema will quit has not been paying attention.  His dream is to be here for decades.
I agree.  He really does like it at Arkansas.  I mean NW Arkansas isn't ranked as THE best place to live in the nation for no reason.  IF BB could be successful at Ark, he would have hit the jackpot.  He is making good $$$.  He is living in one of the best areas to live in the whole country and he is coaching in the best conference (and within the conference, the best division) in all of college football.  I'm sure he wants to stay. The question is HOW does he turn it around?

I honestly think that BB is struggling to know how to turn this thing around.  I don't think he had a clue how hard it is to win in the SEC and especially the SEC West. In the last 3 or 4 years, I think I read that no team/coach has faced more ranked teams than Ark/BB. The schedule is absolutely brutal.  Its harder than LSU or Bama.  They don't have to play themselves.  We have to play BOTH of them EVERY year and Auburn and A$M ( I list A$M not because they are great, but because of the level of talent they always have). 

How can BB save his job, bring back respectability to the program and unite Razorback Nation?  Something will have to change.  Does he need to go out and offer $1M a year to the best recruiting coordinator in the nation? Does the Razorback Foundation have to kick in more $$ and hire the best OC and DC that can be had?  Would we have to overpay? Of course we would, but something has to change.  BB either needs to become "one of the 2 or 3 greatest offensive minds in college football" (as Wilson called CBP) or we need better players/coaches.

Maybe BB needs to be more of a CEO like Saban is and let his OC and DC do their jobs unfettered and unencumbered.  (see the story about Matt Canada and BB at Wisconsin).  Apparently BB has the tendency to micro manage things and not let his OC (in the Matt Canada situation) do his job.  I know BB is the top dog, but maybe his meddling is what is making coaches leave Arkansas and go other places and then, for example, when he hires an OC like Dan Enos, the playcalling becomes vanilla and boring because BB has vetoed what he wants to do.

It would be great if BB could make it work, but something has to change within the program. 

bphi11ips

There's another possibility that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread that would be in everyone's best interest.

Ideally, Arkansas will win 4 or 5 SEC games and a decent bowl.  The coaching staff remains intact and we take it up a notch in 2018.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rzrbk4life on September 16, 2017, 12:00:12 pm
I think the A&M game looms large. You win against the aggies and you stop the bleeding but IF you lose, this season could go downhill fast with games against South Carolina, bama and auburn coming up

At this point, and only because of how last season ended and how we lost the TCU game, I'm not sure that one remaining game is any more important than another. Every single game is important to Bielema's future.

What if we had beaten Missouri and Va Tech last year and ended up 9-4 and then came out and lost to TCU the way we did last weekend? What would everyone be thinking right now? I can't imagine. Would there be less disdain? Probably.

But that isn't the case so let's go with where we are now at 1-1. What if we beat A&M, New Mexico State, Alabama, Coastal Carolina and LSU but lose to everyone else leaving us at 6-6? Would big wins against Alabama and LSU make a difference in everyone's opinions despite losing to other teams that we probably should have beaten?

Would that make any difference in the opinion of fans? I know, not likely, but just "what if"?
Go Hogs Go!

hoglady

One of Bielema's major problems is he for some reason can't have the team ready to play to start the year. Our season's are pretty much ruined before they ever start. The most concerning thing last year was we also tanked to end the year.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 16, 2017, 12:15:07 pm
There's another possibility that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread that would be in everyone's best interest.

Ideally, Arkansas will win 4 or 5 SEC games and a decent bowl.  The coaching staff remains intact and we take it up a notch in 2018.
I agree, but I think most people consider that a very long shot.

MemphisBossHog

and with that, maybe recruiting gets a bump and we pick up more and better recruits which begets more winning which begets better recruiting and on and on and on.   Hey, I get it.  I hope it happens.  I don't dislike BB.  I would really like for him to be successful, but what will make that happen cause whats going on now aint workin'.  And when you look at BB on the sideline walking up and down looking befuddled and almost dazed, it makes me wonder if BB can turn it around.

For example, BB wanted to simply run the ball down folks' throats and pound and pound them into submission, but he learned that in the SEC, if you become one dimensional like that, teams have enough speed and depth to sell out, stack the box and stop the run and then where are you? So he went and hired Dan Enos to get "balance" and hopefully "creativity" with the offense.  But as vanilla and boring as Enos's playcalling is at times, it makes me think that BB vetoes what Enos wants to do and I think this creates a problem. 

I think BB knows good coaches and he has hired some at Arkansas.  Chris Ash apparently is a good defensive coach cause Ohio State hired him away from Ark and now he is the head coach at Rutgers.   I have heard national college football analysts say that Dan Enos is a creative offensive mind and BB hired him away from his own head coaching gig to be our OC, so let him do his thing and don't meddle. 

Change up something. Don't keep doing the same thing over and over because we all know what that is.

rhames

Would love for that to happen.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ZERO

Quote from: Hogdomer on September 16, 2017, 10:39:38 am
K-State is the only plausible P5 school that would hire him.

K-State is the only reputable one, but there are probably a couple dozen other P5 programs that would salivate over a coach like Bielema. You think a team like Baylor or Kansas wouldn't jump at the chance?
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: rzrbk4life on September 16, 2017, 12:00:12 pm

Bleeding won't stop with an Aggie win, but it will get some treatment.  Beating USCE too would probably stop bleeding.  For a week.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

BILLYBOB

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 16, 2017, 09:41:47 am
Not his best interest, not Jeff Long's best interest, not in our program's best interest. Firing carries the smell of failure all the way around, on his part (for not winning enough), on Long's part (for hiring someone who was not a good fit), and on our program's part (for not being successful with a Rose Bowl coach at the helm).

No, the better course all the way around is for all parties to admit that it hasn't worked as hoped and for us to win enough games this year for Bielema to get another P5 job. Win-win for everyone.

If I had to put money on it, I would venture that scenario is far more likely than him being terminated.

Nothing about this post makes sense to me. Bret is not going to leave a $4 million per year gig that includes a $15 million buyout unless he gets something very close to that. There are only 20 programs that pay over $4 million per year and based on his lack of success at Arkansas, none of those schools are going to be pursuing him.

The truth is, Arkansas is seen nationally as a solid 6-8 win per year team. Whether Bret stays or leaves that perception is not going to change.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ZERO on September 16, 2017, 12:35:34 pm
K-State is the only reputable one, but there are probably a couple dozen other P5 programs that would salivate over a coach like Bielema. You think a team like Baylor or Kansas wouldn't jump at the chance?

He wouldn't be a good fit in the Big 12 in my opinion simply because they all rely on smaller players with greater speed and quickness and he has transitioned to the larger, "we are going to maul you", style of play. Same reason he wouldn't be a good fit in the Pac 12 and may not be a good fit in the ACC. If he lands at a P-5 school it will be in a return to the Big Ten. Illinois maybe?
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

rzrbk4life

He could really help Ole Miss clean up their image...
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Rudy Baylor

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rzrbk4life on September 16, 2017, 12:56:35 pm
He could really help Ole Miss clean up their image...

He really could and he could also benefit from their SOP in terms of recruiting. But I don't think that Ole Miss is going to go with another HC coming from the U of A.
Go Hogs Go!

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Boarcephus on September 16, 2017, 09:52:14 am
That only plays out if we have a somewhat successful season.  Think things are bad around here now, if A&M beats us next week, we win one against NM and then get slammed by USC, Bama and Auburn he may want out. 

I don't believe a successful season is necessary for BB to move on after this year.  In my estimation 2017 will be his worst record since the first year.  I think 4-8 is the tops this year.  We'll know more about that one week from today.

I posted something similar to Wilson's message on another board recently.  Not nearly as eloquently, however.   At this point, IMO, BB probably knows his style likely is not a good fit at the UofA.  Just can't sign enough stud OL too make smash-mouth work.  And he's not going to change.  Too many good defenses in the SEC, and at least one in the Big 12.

I'm not clairvoyant, obviously, and it may not happen this year but I don't think BB will finish out his contract through 2020.  And I don't think Jeff Long will ever fire him.

WorfHog

I don't think CBB is very hungry to win. I think it's reflective in our assistants and players. I don't think the administration considers winning to be very important. I agree that winning isn't always everything, but I think it's very important for a coach.

Dirty

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: TeufelHog on September 16, 2017, 10:28:19 am
My gut feeling is CBB will not coach again after Arkansas.  He'll take an indefinite break due to all the money he will have made off of Arkansas . . . think about it, he shouldn't HAVE TO WORK AGAIN after multiple years as a multi-million dollar a year SEC coach.  Believe he will head to the networks.  Would be a better college football commentator/TV personality/SEC Nation type analyst.  MUCH easier life without all the stress/pressure.

You're probably right; has to have collected north of $30 million over the last 12 years as HC.  Likely to head on over to the holler network and spend a lot more time with the family.

Smashmouth2004

Those who think Bielema will fall on his sword and resign are smoking bad weed! If Bielema doesn't make some necessary changes on offense and defense we are looking at best a 4-8 season. He will stay unless boosters coupled with bad attendance gets him fired. If he is fired at that cost, then also expect that Longs job is on the line. Bielema is overwhelmed and Enos and Rhodes are not helping. We have talent on this team but bad coaching will end up causing these players to give up!

Con el Cerdos

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 16, 2017, 12:06:42 pm

Maybe BB needs to be more of a CEO like Saban is and let his OC and DC do their jobs unfettered and unencumbered. 

your dreaming if you think that is how Saban works...

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 16, 2017, 10:35:45 am
I'd say the chance of that not happening is remote.

Wilson, I was enjoying this thread, until I read this

alohawg

In Bielema's case, the team is very much a reflection of their coach. Take a look and tell me what you see.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Granny fan on September 16, 2017, 10:33:02 am
I REALLY do not want Jeff Long hiring our next coach.

I hate to disappoint you but that is exactly what will happen.
Go Hogs Go!

Letsroll1200

PonderinHog

Dominicanhog

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 16, 2017, 01:53:59 pm
Desperation hire.  We coulda had Jim Grobe!

didn't he look at Tommy Bowden as well?.... If a change is made, he'll do it though...

Razorpigg

Im still trying to figure out when we were this football powerhouse that put out 9-10 wins a season? Sure it has happened but for sure not a regularity.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on September 16, 2017, 01:28:48 pm
Those who think Bielema will fall on his sword and resign are smoking bad weed! If Bielema doesn't make some necessary changes on offense and defense we are looking at best a 4-8 season. He will stay unless boosters coupled with bad attendance gets him fired. If he is fired at that cost, then also expect that Longs job is on the line. Bielema is overwhelmed and Enos and Rhodes are not helping. We have talent on this team but bad coaching will end up causing these players to give up!

I disagree.  BB has to know that his offensive system (smash mouth) won't work at Arkansas.  Too much pride.  I don't think that will allow him to continue another three years (four counting 2017) of getting his arse kicked by everybody in the league, finishing last or near it every year.

Letsroll1200

The issues with the program is not on Long. I think its desperation time again. Last time he made a great hire.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 16, 2017, 02:04:32 pm
The issues with the program is not on Long. I think its desperation time again. Last time he made a great hire.
He's already had to fire his last hire.

Y'all need to turn on your sarcasm detectors.   ;)

After the way things have turned out with Jeff Long's HC hire, I doubt the University will allow him to hire the next by himself.  Also doubt a big deal will be made but behind closed doors, Jeff will be made to understand that he will be a part of the hiring process, likely the person we see on TV but the actual decision will be made behind closed doors by a group of folks, most of whom I wouldn't know.  It would not surprise me to learn that Jeff has found a new location to ply his trade. 

As for BB, except for a few teams like Arkansas, most major programs will look at BB and see he didn't produce at Arkansas.  What I mean by that is not that he didn't produce a Conference or NC team, he didn't produce a really decent team in any year he was here and most will see the talent was there to do much more than he got from that talent.  Someone may see BB as a successful coach if you put him in the right situation and hire him.  Somehow, I doubt it, but maybe.  He really has no worries.  He can take his flip flops and music to the beach and enjoy himself.

Redhogs

Quote from: BILLYBOB on September 16, 2017, 12:44:54 pm
Nothing about this post makes sense to me. Bret is not going to leave a $4 million per year gig that includes a $15 million buyout unless he gets something very close to that. There are only 20 programs that pay over $4 million per year and based on his lack of success at Arkansas, none of those schools are going to be pursuing him.

The truth is, Arkansas is seen nationally as a solid 6-8 win per year team. Whether Bret stays or leaves that perception is not going to change.
They sure the hell were not when CBP was here..COACHING MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

alohawg

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 16, 2017, 02:04:32 pm

Sometimes you gotta make a great fire too.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

theFlyingHog

Locutus_of_Boar

Just what did happened to all those Arkansas coaches?

I count Petrino, Ford, Crowe, and Douglass as true firings for cause although Petrino was obviously a non-football cause so Arkansas has at most only truly forced three coaches out who were not willing to leave by mutual agreement.

Bret Bielema will not be in that group.  Looking back through this list I think the coach who's career arc is most similar to CBB might be Jack Mitchell, neither a truly good or bad coach but stuck between Bowden Wyatt and Frank Broyles, Mitchell was doomed to be overshadowed and always seemed out of place and no one bemoaned his departure.

1   Futrall, John C.   1894–1896   Returned to Latin Professor and UofA President (1914)
2   Wilson, B. N.   1897–1898   Returned to Prof. of Mechanical Engineering
3   Searles, Colbert   1899–1900   Returned to Prof. of Romance Languages
4   Thomas, Charles    1901–1902   Unknown
5   McDaniel, D. A. 1903   Became a lawyer in Waco, Texas
6   Brown, A. D.1904–1905   Became a Lawyer in Syracuse, NY.
7   Longman, Frank   1906–1907   Hired as head coach Notre Dame (1909-1910)
8   Bezdek, Hugo   1908–1912   Hired as head coach Oregon (1913-1917) and Penn State (1918-1929)  College Football Hall of Fame
9   Pickering, Earle T.   1913–1914   Hired as head coach St. Thomas College (Minn)
10   McConnell, T. T.   1915–1916   Hired as AD of Drury College (Mo.)
11   Paine, Norman C.   1917–1918   Hired as Head Coach Iowa State
12   Craig, James B.   1919   Became a farmer living near Ann Arbor.  (He was a UM alum.)
13   McLaren, George   1920–1921   Hired as Head Coach at Cinncinati and later at Wyoming.
14   Schmidt, Francis    1922–1928   Hired as Head Coach at TCU (1929-1933) and later Ohio State (1934-1940) and Wyoming (1941-1942)  an inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame
15   Thomsen, Fred   1929–1941   Contract bought out and paid to Sunbeam Thompsen after Pearl Harbor with Fred reactivated as reserve officer on his way to the army.  After the war finished his coaching career at Missouri State 1946-1952.
16   Cole, George   1942   Served in the military during WWII and the UofA in many roles finishing as AD from 1970-1976.
17   Tomlin, John   1943   Unknown
18   Rose, Glen   1944–1945   Arkansas BB coach 1934-1942, Rose returned to that role from 1952-1966 collectively the longest serving BB coach at the UofA.
19   Barnhill, John   1946–1949   Retired for medical reasons and served as AD from 1946-1970.
20   Douglas, Otis   1950–1952   Douglass was the first UofA coach actually terminated for on the field performance was later an assistant coach for the Baltimore Colts of the NFL and the Cincinatti Reds of MLB.
21   Wyatt, Bowden   1953–1954   Hired at head coach at Tennessee (1955-1962) where is was forced out because he had no college degree Wyatt was later elected into the College Football Hall of Fame as both a player and a coach.
22   Mitchell, Jack   1955–1957   Hired as head coach at Kansas (1958-1966).
23   Broyles, Frank   1958–1976   Retired as AD.  Elected to the College Football Hall of Fame.
24   Holtz, Lou   1977–1983 Famous for actually asking "Am I fired?"  Resigned and hired as HC Minnesota, later at Notre Dame and South Carolina.  Elected to the College Football Hall of Fame.

25   Hatfield, Ken   1984–1989   Hired as HC Clemson and later Rice.
26   Crowe, Jack   1990–1992   2nd UofA coach terminated "for losing fan confidence" as Broyles admitted to under legal pressure.  Later hired at Jacksonville St. 2000-2012.
Int   Kines, Joe Interim contract not renewed later a long time SEC assistant.      
27   Ford, Danny   1993–1997 "I have asked him to step aside."   Later a cow farmer in Carolina.
28   Nutt, Houston   1998–2007 "Golden Handcuffs released" and hours later HC Ole Miss.   
Int   Herring, Reggie   2007   Interim contract not renewed.  LB coach Denver Broncos
29   Petrino, Bobby   2008–2011 Terminated for (non-football) Cause.   Later HC Western Kentucky and Louisville.
30   Smith, John L.   2012   Interim contract not renewed. HC Fort Lewis and Kentucky State
31   Bielema, Bret   2013–present   

hogcard1964

If he doesn't get us back to double digit wins again this season, I don't care if he's, fired, caught on a motorcycle excursion, wins the lotto and retires or decides to change careers, I want his fat arse out of here.

The NewEra

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2017, 12:16:05 pm
At this point, and only because of how last season ended and how we lost the TCU game, I'm not sure that one remaining game is any more important than another. Every single game is important to Bielema's future.

What if we had beaten Missouri and Va Tech last year and ended up 9-4 and then came out and lost to TCU the way we did last weekend? What would everyone be thinking right now? I can't imagine. Would there be less disdain? Probably.

But that isn't the case so let's go with where we are now at 1-1. What if we beat A&M, New Mexico State, Alabama, Coastal Carolina and LSU but lose to everyone else leaving us at 6-6? Would big wins against Alabama and LSU make a difference in everyone's opinions despite losing to other teams that we probably should have beaten?

Would that make any difference in the opinion of fans? I know, not likely, but just "what if"?

For me it's a strong finish from here on out and no more embarrassing losses.  It's the way we have lost our games that has the fan base frustrated.  Enough of the inconsistency.  Let's be consistently better or consistently worse.  Give us a clear view of the future of the program. 

ricepig

You only hire the guy that ends up taking the job, don't you know AD 101?

ricepig

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 16, 2017, 03:01:05 pm
If he doesn't get us back to double digit wins again this season, I don't care if he's, fired, caught on a motorcycle excursion, wins the lotto and retires or decides to change careers, I want his fat arse out of here.

Want in one hand and ...........

Pecos Hog

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 16, 2017, 09:41:47 am
Not his best interest, not Jeff Long's best interest, not in our program's best interest. Firing carries the smell of failure all the way around, on his part (for not winning enough), on Long's part (for hiring someone who was not a good fit), and on our program's part (for not being successful with a Rose Bowl coach at the helm).

No, the better course all the way around is for all parties to admit that it hasn't worked as hoped and for us to win enough games this year for Bielema to get another P5 job. Win-win for everyone.

If I had to put money on it, I would venture that scenario is far more likely than him being terminated.

If he has to be fired....so be it.     I'm done with this mess.

The Great Hambino

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 16, 2017, 09:59:05 am
Not sarcasm at all. I believe in a couple of things.

(1) Everything communicates something, whether we intend it to or not; and,

(2) Words matter, and language is a tool that should be used precisely; and,

(3) Perception matters, national and statewide.

This and your initial statement don't really make much sense, as the contradict each other. Absent an absolute home run hire to replace him, such as Chip Kelly, him leaving "on his own" for another P5 job gives the perception that whatever job he leaves to go to is a better program than Arkansas. We all know we aren't getting Gruden, so unless Pete Carroll decides he is ready to come back to college, Chip Kelly is hired, or Saban/Meyer/Harbaugh decide they want to resurrect Arkansas, Bielema needs to be fired after a darn season, or after a 6 win season when the buyout is lower, for perception that we aren't a worse program than whatever school Bert ends up at in your scenario.

Smashmouth2004

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on September 16, 2017, 02:04:04 pm
I disagree.  BB has to know that his offensive system (smash mouth) won't work at Arkansas.  Too much pride.  I don't think that will allow him to continue another three years (four counting 2017) of getting his arse kicked by everybody in the league, finishing last or near it every year.
I agree he's either too stubborn or too stupid to make the changes. With a subpar OL he can't play that old Big 10 football. Even Saban changed his scheme but Bielema is still trying to make his work. As I'm writing his SMU is leading TCU 19-7!

rhames

Lol at the people saying we are tying to play smash mouth football

They must be walking on the sun.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

WilsonHog

Quote from: rhames on September 16, 2017, 03:33:12 pm
Lol at the people saying we are tying to play smash mouth football

They must be walking on the sun.

Yeah, we haven't played "smash mouth" in about three years.

GuvHog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 16, 2017, 09:55:45 am
Arkansas would have to pay him to leave. He has 11.4 million reasons to stay plus a baby girl. Strong did fine after getting fired at Texas. Pretty sure Bielema can follow the same road map.

If things don't improve, my guess is they'll negotiate, Bret will resign, and accept a lower buyout. Why? Bret is smart enough to realize when it isn't working and it's time to leave.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on September 16, 2017, 03:40:18 pm
If things don't improve, my guess is they'll negotiate, Bret will resign, and accept a lower buyout. Why? Bret is smart enough to realize when it isn't working and it's time to leave.

CUZ GUVS THE KING OF WHISHFUL THINKING