Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Expatriate Team

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, March 27, 2017, 11:39:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Since it appears to be relevant given the number of threads touching on Arkansas high school kids who went elsewhere, who would make up your All Expatriate Team?  Starting 5.  I realize we tend to default to recent events and players, but don't forget about guys like Dexter Reed (Memphis State), Quincy Lewis (Minnesota) and others before this generation.

So who would it be?  I'd go with:

Dexter Reed
Malik Monk
Quincy Lewis
Archie Goodwin
Jason Harrison

I'm sure there are lots of more deserving guys I'm forgetting.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PonderinHog

klp1

Keith Lee
Michael Cage

Who was the kid from south arkansas that went to Oklahoma State and was an early draft entry?

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

010HogFan

Quote from: klp1 on March 27, 2017, 11:45:48 am
Keith Lee
Michael Cage

Who was the kid from south arkansas that went to Oklahoma State and was an early draft entry?

James Anderson I think

HossHog

Quote from: klp1 on March 27, 2017, 11:45:48 am
Keith Lee
Michael Cage

James Anderson, I believe he was Big 12 POY but don't hold me to that

skinnypig

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 27, 2017, 11:48:39 am
I'll bet my 5 would beat your 2.
The Jones brothers.  Bring it!   >:(

hogfanshan

Add Jimmy Oliver to that list. Not sure if he was recruited by Arkansas or not, but he was a great player for Purdue under Gene Keady.

HogFoo

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 27, 2017, 11:39:32 am
Since it appears to be relevant given the number of threads touching on Arkansas high school kids who went elsewhere, who would make up your All Expatriate Team?  Starting 5.  I realize we tend to default to recent events and players, but don't forget about guys like Dexter Reed (Memphis State), Quincy Lewis (Minnesota) and others before this generation.

So who would it be?  I'd go with:

Dexter Reed
Malik Monk
Quincy Lewis
Archie Goodwin
Jason Harrison

I'm sure there are lots of more deserving guys I'm forgetting.
good question.

Michael cage
Quincy Lewis
Malik monk
James Anderson
Jason harrison
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Jackrabbit Hog

Keith Lee, Michael Cage and Caldwell Jones should be on the team for sure. 

There was also a power forward from Parkview I believe who had a very good career at Florida State.  Can't remember his name for the life of me.

And what about Dion Cross (Stanford)?

ShadowHawg

James Anderson
Malik Monk
Quincy Lewis
Caldwell Jones
Keith Lee

Second team
Kevaughn Allen
Archie Goodwin
Jimmy Oliver
Richard Scott
Michael Cage

Hawg414

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 27, 2017, 01:33:32 pm
Keith Lee, Michael Cage and Caldwell Jones should be on the team for sure. 

There was also a power forward from Parkview I believe who had a very good career at Florida State.  Can't remember his name for the life of me.

And what about Dion Cross (Stanford)?

Maurice Robinson (Fla St) was on Dion Cross' Parkview team.
in fact, i think that whole starting 5 signed D1 scholarships.  derek fisher was also on that team... as a reserve.

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

PintailKiller

Though not out of state, Scottie Pippen went to UCA.
AJ Walton from Hall went to Baylor and was pretty good.
Wasn't there a Fayetteville kid that went to Kansas a few years ago?
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Jackrabbit Hog

hawgdavis

There was a kid from West Helena a guard that went to Ole Piss  don't remember his name , it was late 90's to early 2000's. Was a really good player

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hawgdavis on March 27, 2017, 05:34:24 pm
There was a kid from West Helena a guard that went to Ole Piss  don't remember his name , it was late 90's to early 2000's. Was a really good player

Anthony Boone?  I think back during that era, which was the beginning of the end for Nolan, Ole Miss actually started 5 guys that were all Arkansas high school products - and they beat us more than we beat them.  I know there was a Flanagin, Keith Carter from Perryville, Boone, and a couple of others.  It was a very frustrating time for Arkansas fans.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: PintailKiller on March 27, 2017, 02:06:34 pm
Nick Bradford

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: hawgdavis on March 27, 2017, 05:34:24 pm

Keith Carter?  But he was from Perryville. Always lit us up.

ballinhog

Quote from: PintailKiller on March 27, 2017, 02:06:34 pm

Nick Bradford?

ballinhog

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 27, 2017, 11:43:55 am
Keith Lee

Michael Cage

Ha, those two names literally jumped into my head when I read OP's post.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

fineswine

Joe Harvell (not on the same level as some of the guys mentioned, but did lead the SEC in scoring one year).

Pork Twain

How is Scotty Pippen not on any of these lists?  Or are we just talking about players that left the state.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 28, 2017, 06:32:29 am
How is Scotty Pippen not on any of these lists?  Or are we just talking about players that left the state.

I think Scottie's not on the list for a couple of reasons.  One, he didn't leave the state to play.  Second and more importantly, no one knew who he was coming out of high school and no one was recruiting him.  He was 6'1" and skinny as a rail.  He walked on at UCA and spent much of his freshman year as a team manager/bench warmer.  As we all know, he took a huge growth spurt between his freshman and sophomore years and the rest is history.  But he didn't disappoint anyone by not going to U of A.  Nobody knew anything about him.

Hootiethehog

What about Cory Carr?

I played against him when he was at Kingsland in the mid 90s. Went on to set records at Texas Tech and ended up with the Bulls.
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

East Clintwood

Caldwell and Major Jones.  They also had two other brothers whose names I don't recall.  All 4 played for several to many years in the NBA.  None went to Arkansas schools.

Edit:  Charles and Wil were the names of the other 2 Jones brothers.  I had to look that up.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma