Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

$60 million

Started by East Clintwood, November 27, 2017, 03:01:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

East Clintwood

According to USA Today, that's how much the buyout payments amount to for the coaches that have been fired so far this season.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

mj4president

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 27, 2017, 03:01:04 am
According to USA Today, that's how much the buyout payments amount to for the coaches that have been fired so far this season.

Add 20 more for the hot mess Tennessee has put themselves in.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Mellon Collie

Ragnar Hogbrok

I went into the wrong line of work.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: mj4president on November 27, 2017, 05:51:34 am
plus whatever their AD's buyout is. HE GONE AF.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

a0ashle

College football has more money then sense, it'll catch up to them, the question is when...

DeltaBoy

WOW ! The IRS should be happy.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

SemperHawg

The Sumlin Buyout is the craziest... Has to be paid in full in 60 days from termination date.

Nafunu32

I've never understood these contracts. Do a job so bad that you are fired... yet still collect the check. Shouldn't being bad be enough for "cause?"

scaldedhog

Don't care!  Networks are paying for it.
Make Arkansas Football great again

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Nafunu32 on November 27, 2017, 10:07:10 am
I've never understood these contracts. Do a job so bad that you are fired... yet still collect the check. Shouldn't being bad be enough for "cause?"

If you're a successful coach and someone wants you pretty bad, you say "I'm not coming without a buyout. Then  your agent who also represents the 2nd guy on the same school's list says no. 2 won't come without a buyout too. And so on, and so on. Schools are forced to make these deals because coaches and their agents are smart and know how to bargain.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

toxichog

It works both ways.......most schools want to put a buyout on THEIR coach........so that he won't bolt to greener pastures if he gets hot.......example..if Malzahn leave Auburn now somebody has to pay Auburn 7 million $.

NuttinItUp

Is it bad that more than 1/3 of that is Arkansas?

Augustus

Quote from: mj4president on November 27, 2017, 05:51:34 am

Tennessee's Chancellor never signed the Memorandum of Understanding, so they seemed to have dodged a bullet there.

Shoat

My question is when and where will this madness end?????

Razorback_Mack

I can't justify that. Nobody can. It doesn't matter who's paying for it. That money could go to cancer research, scholarships, youth programs etc. You don't have to pay somebody that much not to coach.

Tusks

I think it shows AD's don't know jack about hiring coaches.  I think you'll see the pendulum swing back to former football coaches that have a knack for being an AD taking some of the spots.

Bean counters don't know crap about the soul of sports.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HogPharmer

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 27, 2017, 07:37:09 pm
Is it bad that more than 1/3 of that is Arkansas?

Where did you get that number?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 27, 2017, 07:49:56 pm
Where did you get that number?
He can't add. BB got 5.9, so unless Jeffrey got 14 he doesn't understand fractions.

TebowHater

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on November 27, 2017, 07:51:44 pm
He can't add. BB got 5.9, so unless Jeffrey got 14 he doesn't understand fractions.

Nope CBB was definitely 15M + 4M for JL + a couple more in assistants.

No settlement has been reached by CBB and RF per USA Today. JCP herself in the press conference said his contract was guaranteed by RF with their own employment agreement and RF is dealing with it.

Billy Bats

But oh the humanity BB got fired walking off the field!  😂😂😂

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: TebowHater on November 27, 2017, 10:03:55 pm
Nope CBB was definitely 15M + 4M for JL + a couple more in assistants.

No settlement has been reached by CBB and RF per USA Today. JCP herself in the press conference said his contract was guaranteed by RF with their own employment agreement and RF is dealing with it.
Article in demo gazette said it was 5.9. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/arkansas/report-arkansas-coach-bret-bielemas-buyout-5-9-million-end-season/amp

East Clintwood

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on November 27, 2017, 10:11:59 pm
Article in demo gazette said it was 5.9. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/arkansas/report-arkansas-coach-bret-bielemas-buyout-5-9-million-end-season/amp

That's his buyout from the university, he has about the same amount with the foundation and the assistants have about 2 and the Jeffys on top of that.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: scaldedhog on November 27, 2017, 10:35:02 am
Don't care!  Networks are paying for it.

This!

The networks will make that money and much more off the eyeballs that will tune in to see what the new coaches do.  In return the SEC will be able to demand more money from the networks.

DeltaBoy

College Coaches are way OVER PAID! 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 28, 2017, 03:10:57 pm

College Coaches are way OVER PAID! 

according to who? According to the market they are getting paid market rate.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogsanity on November 28, 2017, 03:19:57 pm
according to who? According to the market they are getting paid market rate.

I guess that makes it a bull market right?  Or is that bear as in what the market will bare?