Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why not consider...

Started by Razorbackrowe77, November 28, 2017, 06:19:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbackrowe77

So I don't know if it's been mentioned or not...but why not give Art Briles a look?  If people give Petrino and countless other coaches 2nd chances, give Briles a shot.  We could get him for a pretty reasonable price, I guarantee you he won't risk getting in trouble again, the guy is a great coach & he can recruit TX better than anyone.  If he can get Baylor out of the gutter, he can definitely do good things for us.
WPS

PIGGTOWN HAM

It's been mentioned...and shot down. Never gonna happen. Too controversial

checkraiser88

Quote from: Razorbackrowe77 on November 28, 2017, 06:19:17 pm
So I don't know if it's been mentioned or not...but why not give Art Briles a look?  If people give Petrino and countless other coaches 2nd chances, give Briles a shot.  We could get him for a pretty reasonable price, I guarantee you he won't risk getting in trouble again, the guy is a great coach & he can recruit TX better than anyone.  If he can get Baylor out of the gutter, he can definitely do good things for us.
WPS

If you think the Schiano and Tenn thing was bad, wait till this happens, it could be death for our program

Razorbackrowe77

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 28, 2017, 07:10:07 pm
If you think the Schiano and Tenn thing was bad, wait till this happens, it could be death for our program

I get it...and the same folks that would complain are the same ones wanting CBP back.
It's a gamble.  We'd either be a playoff contender most years or we go 11-29 in SEC play over the next 5 years. 

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

RebHog

WPS

Good luck on getting a recruit's mom at this point to commit to this guy. This was worse than Petrino and I don't think he recovered fully on the recruiting trail. If Art was young maybe in time being OC for a while.....HC for a while at a low tier school maybe. At 61 years old he is done.

Birminghog

Quote from: Razorbackrowe77 on November 28, 2017, 07:22:21 pm
I get it...and the same folks that would complain are the same ones wanting CBP back.
It's a gamble.  We'd either be a playoff contender most years or we go 11-29 in SEC play over the next 5 years.

Don't want Briles, don't want BP. So much for that hypothesis.

thebignasty

John Wayne Gacy for OC, Dahmer for DC

a0ashle

Honestly, I think very poorly of anyone who even brings his name up.

Joe_Shmo

Maybe because he knowingly brought in known rapists in addition to covering up countless rapes and sexual assaults by a darn ton of his players.  That's why.  Take a lap, OP.

HogPharmer

Quote from: thebignasty on November 28, 2017, 07:27:52 pm

No room for the ghost of Joe Paterno?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: thebignasty on November 28, 2017, 07:27:52 pm

Dahmer got beaten to death with a broom in prison. Prolly for the best. Schiano could take his spot though on the staff. Maybe OJ could cover the RBs too...
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

sickboy

Quote from: Razorbackrowe77 on November 28, 2017, 07:22:21 pm

The gamble isn't winning or losing games. It's having a football program when he's done. The guy is probably going to be blackballed for life. He covered up violence against women by his players and used local police to pressure abused women into staying quiet.  He's worse than Petrino by a light year and unlike Schiano, his issues were investigated and documented.

a0ashle

Quote from: sickboy on November 28, 2017, 07:31:47 pm
The gamble isn't winning or losing games. It's having a football program when he's done. The guy is probably going to be blackballed for life. He covered up violence against women by his players and used local police to pressure abused women into staying quiet.  He's worse than Petrino by a light year and unlike Schiano, his issues were investigated and documented.

I'm disappointed that this needs explained, let alone having to do it 3 times a day.

Razorbackrowe77

Quote from: RebHog on November 28, 2017, 07:26:21 pm
Good luck on getting a recruit's mom at this point to commit to this guy. This was worse than Petrino and I don't think he recovered fully on the recruiting trail. If Art was young maybe in time being OC for a while.....HC for a while at a low tier school maybe. At 61 years old he is done.

Maybe we hire him as an OC then.  Think we can secretly hire him & he can coach from the locker room?  Someone could just FaceTime with him during the game. 😜

thebignasty

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 28, 2017, 07:29:07 pm
No room for the ghost of Joe Paterno?

We can put his statue back up down here.

The_Iceman

When you condone your players raping and sexually assaulting young girls, and then pressure the women to stay quiet, you lost the right to ever coach again.

Joe_Shmo

Quote from: Razorbackrowe77 on November 28, 2017, 07:33:53 pm
Maybe we hire him as an OC then.  Think we can secretly hire him & he can coach from the locker room?  Someone could just FaceTime with him during the game. 😜

Seriously...shut up.

thebignasty

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 28, 2017, 07:30:56 pm
Dahmer got beaten to death with a broom in prison. Prolly for the best. Schiano could take his spot though on the staff. Maybe OJ could cover the RBs too...

db coach

HogPharmer

Quote from: thebignasty on November 28, 2017, 07:36:06 pm
We can put his statue back up down here.

I still remember seeing the statue being taken down and the students at Penn State crying over it. #BiggerPicture
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: thebignasty on November 28, 2017, 07:37:19 pm
db coach

Good call. With a staff like this, we're gonna kill it recruiting the penal leagues.

Muleriderhog

WPS
I would never wear Arkansas gear again. He covered up rape for years, imagine if that was your daughter. There's some things that are unforgivable and what he did is unforgivable.

Razorbackrowe77

Quote from: Muleriderhog on November 28, 2017, 07:40:07 pm
I would never wear Arkansas gear again. He covered up rape for years, imagine if that was your daughter. There's some things that are unforgivable and what he did is unforgivable.

I get your point...and agree.