Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas to open 2005-2006 basketball season in Maui against UCONN...

Started by Modsquad24, July 13, 2005, 02:31:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

per rivals, and though uconn's site. In game 2 Arkansas will play the winner or loser of Arizona and Kansas, could we of got a worse draw, 0-2 is very possiblle out of the gates. GHG!

Biggus Piggus

I look at it as a great opportunity.  Those teams will be working in very young players, while we will depend on veterans.  We should have no greater advantage over them all season.
[CENSORED]!

sooie dog

Quote from: Modsquad24 on July 13, 2005, 02:31:58 pm
per rivals, and though uconn's site. In game 2 Arkansas will play the winner or loser of Arizona and Kansas, could we of got a worse draw, 0-2 is very possiblle out of the gates. GHG!

It's going to be another long year of heath ball anyway you look at it. 

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Modsquad24 on July 13, 2005, 02:31:58 pm

I too look at it as a great opportunity to take one of the big boys down. Going 0-2 against Uconn and Kansas will be more beneficial to our team than going 2-0 against the nobodys that we played last year.
We will have two big time chances to make some serious noise to start out the year.

Biggus Piggus

It will not help if our players give up on the coach two games in, but it will help if they taste success and buy in.  All they want is to play in a system that works.  See player substitutions that make sense.  Don't get treated as though their floor time is on a hair trigger that trips if they do anything wrong.  See playing time allocated fairly, and see players placed into situations where they can succeed not asked to do things that ask them to rely on their weaknesses and neglect their strengths.  In other words, they want things to be sane.  They were not last season.
[CENSORED]!

JackJohnson

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 13, 2005, 03:18:39 pm
I look at it as a great opportunity. Those teams will be working in very young players, while we will depend on veterans. We should have no greater advantage over them all season.

my thoughts exactly!!  Uconn will still be very tough, even though they lost villenueva.
Kansas lost EVERYBODY, but did bring in 3 Mcdonald's AA, who will be playing their second game either way.
Zona also lost A LOT, but does return some top flight talent like Adams.

I don't care what anyone says, we will miss famutimi, who could have been a 17 and 7 guy for us this year at best, 15 and 5 guy at worst, imo.  His shooting would have been improved as well...

ReturnToDynasty?

All of your tunes will change when we start the season 2-0.  I predict we lose in the Championship game in Maui and enter the top 15 as a result.   ???

Lando Calrissian

Here's what I don't get:

People b*tch about us playing Centenary Southern State and Applachian Mountian Community College....yet b*tch about us playing UCONN and/or Arizona and/or Kansas?

As far as I'm concerned (and I'm one of those guys that considers the end of last season a total catastrophe) but this is EXACTLY what we need.

Arizona?  Kansas?  UCONN?

We used to be in that league.

The only way you get back to it is by playing them

Nothing but good can come from it.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Biggus Piggus

Do you think they are bitching?  I didn't see that.  And are they they ones who complained about weak schedules?
[CENSORED]!

Boner

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 13, 2005, 04:19:55 pm
Do you think they are bitching? I didn't see that. And are they they ones who complained about weak schedules?

No, they are not.  Now we have people bitching about other people bitching, when they aren't even bitching.  [CENSORED].

toshortrock

no this is it fellows,,,we need to play them,,,,where we stand,,,the team ought to be better,,,,why play all the cupcakes again win them all, have u clowns excited and then lose in sec,,,,me,,i think health is going to do alot better this year,,,,lets see where we stand now and not when the sec starts,,see what we have to do to improve,,,,this is great,,,,,
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Boner on July 13, 2005, 04:26:40 pm
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 13, 2005, 04:19:55 pm
Do you think they are bitching? I didn't see that. And are they they ones who complained about weak schedules?

No, they are not. Now we have people bitching about other people bitching, when they aren't even bitching. [CENSORED].
Best post ever

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on July 13, 2005, 04:11:26 pm
Here's what I don't get:

People b*tch about us playing Centenary Southern State and Applachian Mountian Community College....yet b*tch about us playing UCONN and/or Arizona and/or Kansas?

As far as I'm concerned (and I'm one of those guys that considers the end of last season a total catastrophe) but this is EXACTLY what we need.

Agree.  They don't want cupcakes, but when someone tough gets on there its like Arkansas has no chance and are complaining about going 0-for-Maui.

Arkansas used to be in the class of the NCAA.  It's a chance to shine, and get some confidence against some of the best in the NCAA.  I'm shocked Chaminade didn't go for Arkansas, hoping they might steal a win.  Hogs will have their chance, we'll see what happens with it.

tulsahog36

Its always good to get embarrassed out of the gate so you dont go all season thinking Heath has finally figured out how to coach.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: tulsahog36 on July 13, 2005, 06:22:44 pm
Its always good to get embarrassed out of the gate so you dont go all season thinking Heath has finally figured out how to coach.

Hopefully this is sarcasm.  With that attitude, do you hope they lose so Heath will go?

Pigsfeet

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 13, 2005, 06:25:37 pm
Quote from: tulsahog36 on July 13, 2005, 06:22:44 pm

Hopefully this is sarcasm. With that attitude, do you hope they lose so Heath will go?

I agree with him, and you are misunderstanding what he is saying.  He is simply stating that last season we got a false sense of accomplishment by waxing  The Hartford, UL-M, and other iddy biddy loser schools.  Then when it came time for the big dogs, we got it handed to us.

This year we will never have to experience the suckage that is going from that "HIGH" to the "LOW" we experienced at the end of the year.

You dig?

Bomis Hawg

Agree.  Last year did fill us with false sense of security.

This year, the start to the season will help judge the team.  But, I don't believe that going 0-2 will mean the Hogs are terrible and Heath can't coach and should go, just my two cents.  Although, it could mean that -- depending on the games.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////