Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well, time will tell...

Started by hogsgolfpro, September 30, 2017, 11:21:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsgolfpro

2-2...2 wins over cupcakes, 2 losses to a currently legit top 10 team (under current conditions) and somehow an Aggie team that is 4-1 and would be 5-0 had they not pulled a once in a lifetime choke job with a deer-in-the-headlights backup qb (at that time). I by no means think we are world beaters, we will be lucky to get 6 wins, but maybe the two losses weren't AS bad as we were feeling at the time? The TCU game was just ugly, I concede that.

Dr. Starcs

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Nothing is as bad once you convince yourself that it isn't.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

sickboy

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on September 30, 2017, 11:29:38 pm
Nothing is as bad once you convince yourself that it isn't.

Technically, nothing is anything unless you convince yourself that it's not nothing first.

searkhogfan

Quote from: hogsgolfpro on September 30, 2017, 11:21:43 pm
2-2...2 wins over cupcakes, 2 losses to a currently legit top 10 team (under current conditions) and somehow an Aggie team that is 4-1 and would be 5-0 had they not pulled a once in a lifetime choke job with a deer-in-the-headlights backup qb (at that time). I by no means think we are world beaters, we will be lucky to get 6 wins, but maybe the two losses weren't AS bad as we were feeling at the time? The TCU game was just ugly, I concede that.

Today's cupcake, lost to Troy by the same point spread as LSU did.  So now I'm marking LSU down as a cupcake also...   ;D

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Athog

Plus 1

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hoggish1

World beater is pretty severe language.  Of course we are not that, but then there are probably only about 6 teams I'd call that and four of them will be in the playoffs when the season is done.

The TCU game was ugly only because we missed two chip shot field goals and kept shooting ourselves in the foot AND gave up two cheapies in the last two minutes.  Not because we weren't capable of beating them. Now we see they are in the top seven and maybe get ranked even lower when polls come out today.

As for 6-6, looking at the final eight games, I wouldn't argue with losses at Bama and Auburn but what about USEe, Olepiss Misstake, LSWho and Mizzery tells you those are losses?

8-4 is quite possible, especially if the D keeps improving.

Lanny

Take out Alabama and Georgia and the SEC is weak this year.  Arkansas can score enough points against the rest of the conference but their matador defense can't stop grandma Moses in a wheel chair
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

elksnort

Quote from: Lanny on October 01, 2017, 09:20:43 am
Take out Alabama and Georgia and the SEC is weak this year.  Arkansas can score enough points against the rest of the conference but their matador defense can't stop grandma Moses in a wheel chair
THIS.
Not that it would help but there's not much talk on this board about our defense.

HardCore

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 01, 2017, 07:32:10 am
LSU looked horrible!

That was against a team that actually had a pass rush.  Our pass rush doesn't get close enough to the QB to say Hello
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Oklahawg

Quote from: Lanny on October 01, 2017, 09:20:43 am

True on the SEC.

We fixed about half of the defensive problems from last year. Need two safeties who are SEC legit, and a NG who is more than a plugger.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jgphillips3

Quote from: elksnort on October 01, 2017, 09:37:29 am
THIS.
Not that it would help but there's not much talk on this board about our defense.

To be fair, the offensive line play is so much more noticeably horrible that the defensive busts, which are less frequent (even if more costly) just get overlooked.

1highhog

If Paul Rhoads is going to continue as our DC and so many of you appear to really like him as such, explain to me his philosophy of never blitzing?  Is it just because of lack of players capable of getting it done at this point?

racinghog

Quote from: 1highhog on October 01, 2017, 02:10:41 pm
If Paul Rhoads is going to continue as our DC and so many of you appear to really like him as such, explain to me his philosophy of never blitzing?  Is it just because of lack of players capable of getting it done at this point?
Did you watch the second half?

Potosihog

Did you watch the game yesterday?  We blitzed more yesterday than I have seen since Burns was the defensive coach.

They didn't get home often but their qb was throwing quick patterns for the most part.

1highhog

Quote from: racinghog on October 01, 2017, 02:18:04 pm
Did you watch the second half?

I watched the whole game, just never saw and all out blitz causing any problem with a Sunbelt team.